Carnivore Diet???!!!

2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    jrmie333 wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Glad it's working for you. :)

I think high protein can lower ketones but that is not really a problem unless you want ketones for medical reasons, IMO. There are ways to raise ketones if it is a concern - MCT will raise ketones reliably.

I'm mostly carnivore for now. It seems to work well for me. I may not eat this way forever, but I think I'll stay plant light for the foreseeable future. I often lurk in the group above. They're a good bunch that welcome a mostly carnivore member. :)

How would MCT raise ketones? I got MCT oil. I just add it to everything?

It's in how they are metabolized. It is helpful to those who need high ketones like epileptics or as a complimentary Alzheimer's treatment.

But as others said, beyond health issues (usually brain health) high ketones aren't really needed by most.

If you do want to use MCT oil, start small. It will cause diarrhea if you take too much too fast. I would start with just a teaspoon or so a day. And be sure to take those calories into account if you want to lose weight. Too many calories, including from MCT oil, will prevent weight loss.