Non-Scale Goals

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    c55m0axkufg4.png

Smashed all but one of my goals this week, calorie deficit was just a bit less than what I'd intended but still on track for just under a pound.

Getting much better at fitting my strength training and yoga into my week around cardio exercise, even got out for 2 runs in addition to an hour of rowing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    qm3asawo7sxx.png

Again not a bad week, seem to have had a fairly balanced month, weight doesn't seem to be moving too much, but I suspect I've been underlogging as not been weighing food regularly and also been exercising more so expect I am retaining water from that and shark week.

November goals tweaked slightly:

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    tytae7wa9jyn.png

Weight itself was up - shark week and increased workouts so not too worried about the small trend increase, it's pretty normal for this time of month.
    • Continued meditating in the evening either with breathing exercises or a guided meditation.
    • Fat was over the minimum I set myself.
    • Was not quite as active on steps last week but made up for it with other exercise, still hit above goal averaged across the week.
    • Sleep has been on goal, but quality hasn't been great, I've taken a couple of week's break from the Melatonin so my body doesn't rely on the supplement too much, so going to re-start taking it tonight.
    • Had initially planned to go rowing Weds night, but work stuff came up, then the weather was terrible on Saturday, got lucky yesterday a few people wanted to head out, so finally got out on the water yesterday afternoon.
    • Just under deficit for the week, however I am still skeptical about the calorie burns coming off my replacement watch so have tweaked my intake goal as of Thursday and turned off step adjustments.
    • Got a bit extra strength training in yesterday, so well over goal. Feeling the burns too which is also a good sign.
    • Hydration is good at the moment, getting plenty of fluids in.
    • Just under on yoga this week, dozed off last night instead of doing some before bed. Confident can get back on top of this in coming weeks.
    • A little under on protein intake, but above previous goal of 120g so happy with the progress.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    gf0gb8kdozyu.png
    Weight spike at the end of the week was alcohol related. have had a lot of out of hours work functions this week which happens about once a year, so routine has been a little off.
    • Meditation - every night but Saturday, rolled in at 4:30am from dinner/night out
    • Fat - hit my minimum target over the week.
    • Steps were down over the weekend, but still averaged above target for the week.
    • Sleep quality has improved a little this week, expect it will be better again as I adjust back onto the Melatonin.
    • Went rowing on Saturday for about an hour and a half.
    • Calorie deficit suffered this week, was in a tiny deficit by the end of the week. Not had much time to prep or plan meals this week, back to routine this week though.
    • Fell a little short on strength training this week, again down to routine being out of whack.
    • Stayed plenty hydrated across the week.
    • Did a couple of yoga sessions to hit my goal.
    • Protein just under again, had to eat out at a couple of work functions which has affected my goal.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    qeb4iwsryjm3.png
    Weight has dropped back off again.
    • Meditation - I've been trying a bit of hypnosis as well as meditation so that's on target for the week.
    • Fat - hit goal for the week.
    • Steps - Well above target for the week.
    • Sleep - Improved quality earlier in the week but have been restless over the weekend.
    • Rowing - Got 2 hour long+ sessions in this week.
    • Calorie deficit - was about on track this week with MFP vs Tracker TDEE coming just under 3500 for the week.
    • Strength Training - suffered a little this week, been feeling a bit wrecked since the previous weekend so didn't really give it my all in the upper body session I did, and didn't make time for lower body. Hoping to plan better this week.
    • Fluids - have been a tad dehydrated between alcohol and oncoming cold, but got more than usual in.
    • Yoga - didn't make time for it this week, need to plan better.
    • Protein - Under again, need to look at my food planning for December to try and up it a little.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    171ke5vl04mr.png

Trendweight continues to head downwards which is always a bonus.
    • Meditation - Didn't do it every night but did it for most and did a bit longer on some nights so it kind of evens out for the week.
    • Fat - hit goal, no issues
    • Steps - Way above average for the week some lazier days than others.
    • Sleep - Not had the best sleep quality, tweaking some things to try and improve.
    • Rowing - out on the water 2 days this week, tough rows too due to weather conditions.
    • Calorie Deficit - Stuck much better to calories this week.
    • Strength Training - completed mid-week.
    • Fluids - have been feeling a little under the weather so have been trying to take a bit of extra water in.
    • Yoga - got more in this week but still need to do a little more. Missing the benefit.
    • Protein - Just slightly under, dropping the goal to 125g whilst trying to stick more to the deficit.

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ilabf1eq6pbw.png

Trend weight up a little but down in actual weight over the week.
    • Meditation - completed every night
    • Fat - target hit.
    • Steps - Under for the week, did a lot of long distance driving last week.
    • Sleep - Good most of the week, but struggled Friday & Saturday when I was ill/travelling.
    • Rowing - well and truly ticked off, did a charity event on the River Liffey, Dublin all day Saturday, rowed around 20km over the day.
    • Calorie Deficit - kind of went out of the window when I was carb-loading for Saturday.
    • Strength Training - left it off last week so I wouldn't have DOMs when rowing.
    • Fluids - drank plenty but felt very dehydrated on Friday.
    • Yoga - didn't get any done, no real excuses just couldn't be bothered.
    • Protein - Under goal but not terrible intake.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I have still been tracking, though not analysing too much as it's been a busy month:
    904wqxowgiej.jpg
    phzziegqay5i.png
    3wieedmi22mg.png
    w5mhm5js4rq5.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    January Goals as follows:

de5g259jn9l3.jpg
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Jan Week 1
    z43w8cmx9xlj.png

Unsurprisingly over New Year there wasn't much weight loss, there was however a calorie deficit but this is not reflecting on the scale since I am back to full exercise intensity.
    • Didn't get any meditation done - oops. Had boyfriend staying over New Year so difficult to get it done.
    • Fat Intake was fine and over the minimum I have set myself. Protein was also above target.
    • Steps were good, averaged a good 1000+ above my goal.
    • Slept & hydrated well throughout the week
    • Did a short but intense strength training session with heavier weights than normal didn't get much else in as had rowed for around 5 hours on New Years Eve/Day and that wiped me out the rest of the week. I was just short of my Yoga target but did a fair bit of stretching at work as well.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ogft7hnbnccc.png
    Still carrying a lot of water weight from DOMS - workouts are leaving me comfortably sore as I've increased the intensity and also started a new Pole Dance class.
    • got more meditation in but finding it difficult to get it in when not at home or when I have my fella round, may have to readjust my goal a little.
    • Fat & Protein intake were good, way above on Protein, where I had been struggling in the previous month.
    • Steps over 2000+ above my goal
    • Sleep and Hydration targets met.
    • I have been getting bodyweight training in at work on bathroom breaks (normally 20 squats and 20 wall push-ups) as well as my planned upper/lower body splits. Thanks to the Pole Class I am covering my Yoga target well as it forms around 15-20 mins of the class. I got out on the water twice which hit my cardio goal.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    It's the first time in about 14 month's I've not given myself an official countdown challenge, but I've kept up the basics in my spreadsheet for Feb:

mu1z1j7az4bi.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Feb Week 2:

9u2mvah0uarl.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Forgot to post Week 3 of Feb so here is Week 3 & 4. Week 4 went a little out of the window with exercise and calories as I had swollen glands and a bruised rib, rowing was cancelled due to the weather too.

2btga1gvrrau.png
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    kyou8l4ubdqs.png

Week 1 of March
    • Calories - A reasonable calorie deficit over the week, easing into a slightly different way of eating.
    • Fibre Intake - Was a little low, but not all entries were accurate for fibre, so keeping an eye on that.
    • Fat Intake - Above minimum goal.
    • Protein Intake - Above minimum goal.
    • Steps - A little above my goal (blue days are my active days, orange are my rest days)
    • Yoga - Didn't manage to get in as much as I'd have liked, just getting used to not doing the pole dancing which used to incorporate some yoga.
    • Strength Training - Did some bodyweight exercises at work during the week, didn't get a second proper session in over the weekend as was busier than expected.
    • Rowing - a lot of sessions were cancelled due to weather, I went out running Monday to make up my cardio workouts.

Summary: Need to plan my week better, especially a back up for the poor weather affecting rowing at the moment.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You always seem to have your meals planned, it really does help keep us right.
    I saw rowers on Saturday when we were in Coleraine and thought of you. To be out on the water and it so cold, well hats off to ya!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    You always seem to have your meals planned, it really does help keep us right.
    I saw rowers on Saturday when we were in Coleraine and thought of you. To be out on the water and it so cold, well hats off to ya!

Yeah normally our Saturday row is to teach new members, but the weather called that off, we left it an hour and just had an experienced members row, it was tough going against the wind alright.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    What is your outer wear for rowing? I noticed the women rowing had shorts on and long sleeved tops and thought brrrr!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    What is your outer wear for rowing? I noticed the women rowing had shorts on and long sleeved tops and thought brrrr!

I just had sports leggings, sports bra vest and a hoody on. You warm up pretty quickly when you're battling tide and wind lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Still keeping this up, even though I've not really been posting.
    Goals for August:
    07wnq3inx3pk.png