Options
elivar07
elivar07 Posts: 15 Member
I'm from Texas where yall from?

Replies

• tonyasue138
    tonyasue138 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am from Colorado. So nice to meet all of you :) Hope I can help motivate. I am 50 this year, I haven't been feeling the greatest. I have an autoimmune disease and I want to stay as healthy as I can. I do a low carb diet, and am serious about reducing the inflammation in my body.
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    elivar07 wrote: »
    I'm from Texas where yall from?

Hello and good morning! I'm from SC. Thank you for joining! What are your goals on MFP?
    I am here to live a healthier lifestyle and lose 30-40 lbs.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Hello, I am from Colorado. So nice to meet all of you :) Hope I can help motivate. I am 50 this year, I haven't been feeling the greatest. I have an autoimmune disease and I want to stay as healthy as I can. I do a low carb diet, and am serious about reducing the inflammation in my body.

Very nice to meet you too! My name is Crystal. I have a couple of family members who have autoimmune disease also, I know its can be tough. I know we all can motivate each other! 😊
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Lucy and I’m from Scotland. I have over 100lbs to lose and am determined! It’s really great to meet you all — I hope we are able to be a great source of support for one another.
  • AnitaKundu
    AnitaKundu Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this group. Hope you don't mind. I'm Anita and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I just joined MFP 2 days ago. I hope we can all motivate and support each other!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi ladies. I've been on here for a while now. I like to offer encouragement to newbies and your group caught my attention.

I've had some success with the programme, so maybe I can be of assistance to y'all.
    I have lost 53lbs and have about 15lbs still to lose.

I live in Northern Ireland, and am 72 years young.

Did you know that can click the little star to the right of the page title to add it to your list of groups and make it easier to find?

Also, if you friend each other you can communicate easier. And if you write a little about yourself when you send a friend request, you are more likely to get accepted.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Welcomeladies!
    !
    AnitaKundu wrote: »
    Hi, I just joined this group. Hope you don't mind. I'm Anita and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I just joined MFP 2 days ago. I hope we can all motivate and support each other!
    I do not mind anyone joining! Thanks so much to all of you for wanting to be part of it! ❤
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Lucy and I’m from Scotland. I have over 100lbs to lose and am determined! It’s really great to meet you all — I hope we are able to be a great source of support for one another.

Nice to meet you Lucy! Go you, I know you ca do it 😊
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Hi ladies. I've been on here for a while now. I like to offer encouragement to newbies and your group caught my attention.

I've had some success with the programme, so maybe I can be of assistance to y'all.
    I have lost 53lbs and have about 15lbs still to lose.

I live in Northern Ireland, and am 72 years young.

Did you know that can click the little star to the right of the page title to add it to your list of groups and make it easier to find?

Also, if you friend each other you can communicate easier. And if you write a little about yourself when you send a friend request, you are more likely to get accepted.

Hello and nice to meet you TerriRichardson112! Wow all the way from Ireland! Awesome. And congrats on your weight loss so far!
    Also thanks for the info, I just found out about the star thing, but still have lots to learn about MFP.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    I was in the middle of sending friend requests to you ladies earlier but I got side tracked and cant remember who I sent a request to. If I'm not already on your friends list, feel free to add me :)
  • grayhabors
    grayhabors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Vancouver, WA I am doing MFP along with a TOPS group. I just started TOPS a week and 1/2 ago and have my second weigh in this coming Monday. Using the food tracker here is easier than keeping a paper food log for TOPS. I like that you can see the breakdown of what you or eating.
  • meepmya
    meepmya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Michelle, from Bedford UK. I started with MFP near the beginning of the year and have lost 56 pounds , looking for support as I still have about 30 lbs to go. :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.
    If you type a username after the 'at' symbol, your comment will appear in the notifications of that user. It makes conversation quicker. It also means that you can comment on multiple posts without taking up as much space on the thread.

@cdavisdeva Hi Crystal. 30-40lbs a good goal. I find breaking it down into small chunks helps. I have daily/weekly/monthly goals, and use 'just for today' and 'just at this moment' as motivation to be healthier and fitter.
    @Icy_stewart Hi Lucy. I'm in Bangor just across the Irish Sea from you. We can wave at each other.
    @meepmya Hi Michelle. Nice to have another representative from UK. All we need now is someone from Wales and we have a full house. It's good to have people from the same time zone in the group. That's a great loss. It gets more difficult as you get closer to your goal.

• Sweetzyd
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 thanks! See I'm learning something every day 😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @cdavisdeva That's what we call a NSV! Lol! (Non Scale Victory)
    @AnitaKundu Hi Anita. Welcome to MFP.
    @grayhabors Hi G. TOPS is a good system, but the food tracker here makes things so much simpler. And you can use the meal/recipe builder to make it easier to enter your home cooked meals.
    @tonyasue138 Hi Tonya. Support is the name of the game. It certainly helped me through this process.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @grayhabors thanks for joining, I'm glad you are liking MFP. The food tracker really is great!
    @meepmya Hello Michelle, nice to meet you. Thanks for becoming a part of the group! That is an amazing loss, way to go. 😊
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 my mums side of my family are from County Antrim. :)
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from the UK in a town called Ramsgate in Kent I have been doing slimming world for 2 years I lost 28lb but dont seem to shift any more so have decided to do calorie counting. I still have still want to lose another 23lb you are more than welcome to add my to your friends list. Good luck with you weight loss :smiley:

• Sweetzyd
    Options
    @Sandie020 welcome! Thank you and congrats on your weight loss so far. Good luck to you 😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @lcy_stewart My eldest girl lives in Larne. And the Antrim Coast is stunning.