TEAM: Gutbusters (August)

Options

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 12
    Exercised?: Yes. 3km walk in 25 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Lunch at friends today. Roast chicken and pork. Good to catch up.

Working from home tomorrow, then Sydney on Tuesday.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for August 12 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • LydiaKate1995
    LydiaKate1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Username: Lydiakate1995
    Week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Last weeks weight: 308.5lbs
    This week’s weight:308 lbs
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Username: ahelgers10
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 198.2
    Todays Weight: 197.2
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in week:2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight last week:191 lbs
    Weight this week:193 lbs

Recording weight 2 days late.Sorry.
    I have sore back ,again.Going to Phisio therapy 2 times a week.One day I am active all day, other day I am unable to walk at all.Leaned few exercises from therapy and doing it twice a day.Still not much change.
    Only no carb diet combination will work but I give up from that after 3 weeks.I will start again this one.
    I hope everyone is well and doing good!
    Good Luck!
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    August 12
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Afternoon playtime and dinner with friends and their kid -- super informal so actually the parents just brought their own foods and we had veggies, hummus, and cherries to share with everyone. We had wine with dinner, then limoncello afterward. Tracking afterward, I overdid it on the carbs today due to libations, but still came in under my calorie goal. Hoping the drinks don't screw up my weigh in tomorrow!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    To team Gutbusters:

Well done on the week 3 result. 0.5% overall loss from those who weighed in.

Congratulations too to:
    @ShareASmile.
    @mthomas0228.
    @emmclean.
    @bootssowhite.
    @Grebber1.
    @ahelgers10.
    @Metubal.

All of these posted a greater than 1% loss for the week.

Starting today, I will post a "Happy weigh-in day" message of who need to post a weight that day. It's kind of a gentle reminder and it should how up in your "bell" message notifications.

Thank you too to all that are participating in this thread. It's by working together that we can all achieve our desired weight management goals. I, personally, have a wealth of knowledge having lost 50+lbs and successfully maintaining that loss for over 12 months. I am happy to share what I know, all you need do is ask.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    As it is Monday for me, Happy weigh in day to: @bootssowhite. @brunchowl. @eevang. @LesIckaBod. @Metubal. @mthomas0228. @Sara41164. @westray16.

Also to: @smariere @Yasiral. @Jacieretz. @korimak0. @yasiral.

Fail to post a weigh-in for two weeks and you are removed from the spreadsheet. Weigh-in only needs to be before the end of Saturday (if you cannot make your nominated weigh-in days).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    August 13
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km walk in 40 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Slower walk today than normal, but in daylight and on familiar tracks :) .

Drove wife to get her eyes tested today. Fortunately prescription lenses that will still enable her to drive. The fear from today was that she would be told that lenses could not bring the vision up to scratch and that cataract surgery would be the only option.

Also she is still doing fantastic on the blood sugars, and on the weight loss. With luck, by Christmas she may be off insulin all together. Even at most pessimistic projection, continuing to do what she is doing now, she should be insulin independent by mid next year.

Sydney tomorrow.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for August 13 is lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost some weight this last weigh in
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod
    Week 3- August
    Previous: 181.9
    Current: 179.3

Drinks with friends last night took a small toll, as I'm heavier this morning than I was yesterday morning, but I'm happy to have more than unloaded my gain last week (I went from 179.8 in Week 1 to 181.9 in Week 2).

Heading downstairs to do some squats and lunges and other leg work. I almost hesitate to say this, but I can feel some definition in the muscles of my body: quads especially, but when I turn my arms just right, a little tricep head pops up. It's intoxicating. I want more!!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh in Week: August Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 156.3
    Today's Weight: 152.2

@craigo3154 I just noticed I entered a incorrect weight for last week's weigh-in....my weight on 8/6 was 155.2. Sorry for the mix-up!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week: August Week 3
    Previous Weight: 155.2
    Today's Weight: 151.8
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Quick question:

Those of you who have lost enough weight to warrant cleaning out the closet, what is your strategy as far as keeping the big clothes? Do you just toss or donate everything, figuring you'll never go back? Do you keep some things?

I'm in the midst of a closet reorganization right now, and I feel like I'm having a mental war between the self that says I'm on the right path and I'm sticking to it and the self that .... doesn't say that.
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The last 5 days I broke all my rules:
    -ate too many carbs (craving fruit recently)
    - snacked between meals (rule: no snacking)
    - ate cheese every day, which causes bloating, constipation, and inflammation for me. Im miserable, hurting everywhere😕 I should stick to soft/fresh cheeses (feta, brie, mozzarella,etc.) since for some reason they dont cause any problems.
    - ate after 7pm
    - drank only 10 cups of water (vs 14-16 cups)
    - went to bed after 3am every single day
    - slept only 5 hours average

Outcome: Aching body, lack of energy, down mood, and weight gain😔

Sorry, team.
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Username: metubal
    Weigh in Week: August Week 3
    Previous Weight: 165.5
    Today's Weight: 167.9!

On Thursday morning I was down to 163.9. I sure hope this is a very temporary gain! 4lbs in 4 days!
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Username westray16
    Week 3
    Weigh in day Monday
    Previous weight 194 lbs
    Today's weight 192 lbs
  • craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Quick question:

Those of you who have lost enough weight to warrant cleaning out the closet, what is your strategy as far as keeping the big clothes? Do you just toss or donate everything, figuring you'll never go back? Do you keep some things?

I'm in the midst of a closet reorganization right now, and I feel like I'm having a mental war between the self that says I'm on the right path and I'm sticking to it and the self that .... doesn't say that.

@LesIckaBod. It's a good problem to have.

I lost 50lbs and had to get new most things. I still have most of my old clothes, but am looking at donating most of them to charities that accept them. I'll keep a few things (that show how much my size changed), but most will go.

I know I'll never go back to the size I was. I've been 50lbs under my start weight for almost a year and am comfortably maintaining. The habits I have in place now (and consciously re-enforce) will keep me for getting overweight (even if ill or immobilised for any reason).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    The last 5 days I broke all my rules:
    -ate too many carbs (craving fruit recently)
    - snacked between meals (rule: no snacking)
    - ate cheese every day, which causes bloating, constipation, and inflammation for me. Im miserable, hurting everywhere😕 I should stick to soft/fresh cheeses (feta, brie, mozzarella,etc.) since for some reason they dont cause any problems.
    - ate after 7pm
    - drank only 10 cups of water (vs 14-16 cups)
    - went to bed after 3am every single day
    - slept only 5 hours average

Outcome: Aching body, lack of energy, down mood, and weight gain😔

Sorry, team.

@metubal. That is part of what the group is here for. To be externally accountable.

It is OK to have bad weeks and go backwards. Sometimes life happens. The important bit is that you KNOW what went wrong and can do something to prevent it next time.

In short. You are forgiven. Forgive yourself and move forward doing what you know is right.

Take care of both your body. You only get one and it is not replaceable. Eat what makes you feel good. Do activities than make you feel better. Make sleep a priority.

Why eat non-soft/fresh cheese if it makes you feel so bad longer term? I have similar problems with gluten (though not celiac, I am possibly gluten sensitive). I think of gluten, for me, as a low grade poison. I can tolerate a little, but too much and I don't feel as well as I should. Consequently, I preference away from foods containing gluten (as who knowingly selects food they think of as possibly poisonous - despite how good it may taste).

I'll expect you to treat yourself better next week (and want to hear that you are :) ).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Weigh in Week: August Week 2
    Previous Weight: 156.3
    Today's Weight: 152.2

@craigo3154 I just noticed I entered a incorrect weight for last week's weigh-in....my weight on 8/6 was 155.2. Sorry for the mix-up!

@mthomas0228. That is fine. You are doing VERY well this month. 4.65% down so far.

Just for this week, I'll keep your last week's weigh in the same as it will adversely skew the results in favour of Gutbusters for this week, but will have no effect on the end of month result.

Next week I will put it to the correct value, as the effect on the weeks results of Gutbusters against other teams will no longer be an issue. I try very hard to keep the competition fair.

In the 2 months that I won the TBL competition (July/August last year), not once did I win a week in the team. It was the consistency that won it. Anyway, it's the same prize in TBL for first and last :) .

The real win from the competition was that I lost size and weight, got fitter and healthier and learned how to maintain it for the rest of my life. This is why TBL is still running and a desire of mine for all TBL competitors.
This discussion has been closed.