TEAM: Flab-U-Less (August)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So excited. I wasn't able to make it to my goal in July of 179 but I have high hopes this month.

Weigh in day Tuesday
    Week 1 (August 7):
    Week 2 (August 14):
    Week 3 (August 21):
    Week 4 (August 28):
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I will be weighing in on Sundays. This is my second month here ... my pace has slowed a bit, so has my philosophy. Any loss is a loss and slow and steady wins the race. Might not make me a big loser, but in August ... I am hoping to smash it and try harder to be an even bigger loser!
  • daynajason
    daynajason Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Daynajason
    Monday weigh in day
    August starting weight 140.2
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I am a 38 year old mother of 4 boys (19,18,12, & 6), and my partner has 2 boys (13 &11) of his own. I just got a new teaching job which will be online. I am very excited about being able to teach from home, but terrified of the drastic change at the same time. It will be hard forcing myself to get up every morning and getting on the computer since I am the queen of procrastination, but I believe I can do it. I am also looking forward to my own children going back to school! I have had way too much of the constant bickering and video games! Also, cooking for small humans does NOT do well for my diet! I tend to cook things they will eat, but that makes my clothes not fit, or I have to skip meals to stay within calorie goals. Getting back to cooking what I want for breakfast and lunch will really help out when it comes to reaching my goals. Hopefully August will be better than July! Good luck, y'all!!
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Brans34 - Welcome! Boy you have your hands full! Not sure how you manage!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I didn't participate last month but this month I'm hoping to get to my ultimate goal of 145lbs. Never bothered to lose the 'last 10' after starting with MFP in 2013 but this year I want to bulk in the fall so hoping this challenge helps me stay on track. I originally started MFP at 240lbs and I'm going into this challenge at 148.4 s/w
    Nice to meet you guys!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, New here. First challenge in a while. I am hoping taking weight loss 1 month at a time will work better for me than the larger, multi-month challenges. I like the team competition format, it may keep me motivated. About me: mom, 35 soon to be 36, married, 2 kids, work full time, not enough time in the day. My weight has been creeping up steadily for 6 months now and my pants are starting to get tight. I've managed to maintain a bit this past month and now i think i'm in the mind set to really get started losing.
  • emincarnato
    emincarnato Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! This is my first challenge and I'm hoping it will go well and help keep me motivated. I'm 22 and at my highest I was 189. I got down to 183 without trying so I thought I would take the plunge and dive into a full lifestyle change and see where that gets me (SW= 181). My overall goal weight is around 140-150 and I hope to reach it by Christmas. My goal weight is 175 by the end of this challenge. I'll weigh in on Monday's.
    My biggest challenge with weight loss is that I'm moderately to extremely lazy and I LOVE to eat when I'm bored.
    Hope it goes well for all!!

• sharonbruck
    sharonbruck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. This is my first challenge ever. At my highest weight I was 305 lbs.
    I lost 60 lbs but am now back up to 262 lbs. To be honest I am not sure what my goal weight is...I guess 160, but for now, I am just trying to make it to 250lbs. And then set another small goal...and another...and another.

I will be weighing in on Fridays.

What else?? I am 44 years old. My son is grown and out of the house (in the Army HOOAH!!) I am engaged to a a crazy wonderful fun loving guy. I work in a law firm on Wall Street...

I am trying my best to be accountable and motivated...so here I am. Any help will be so very much appreciated!!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Been doing this challenge for several months now. Can't remember exactly when I started maybe Dec or Jan? Anyways, I'm a 35 year old wife and a mother of an 11 year old boy and 3 year old girl. I was always fit growing up but never lost my pregnancy weight after my son so here I am. Weight loss has been a major struggle for me because I LOVE FOOD! I am trying my hardest to stay in my calories, when I do, I lose the weight. However, one bad day or week really throws me off then I'm back to losing those same few pounds again. It's a vicious cycle I'm hoping to break. My goal for August is to be in the lower 170's. I've been yo-yoing between 176-179. Good luck all!
  • rhyahcf
    rhyahcf Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi! This is my first challenge on MFP, and I’m hoping knowing that I have a group of people depending on me to help the overall team will keep me motivated and consistent. I’m great at letting myself down, but I do much better when there are others depending on me to help out. I just turned 39 a couple of weeks ago and my starting weigh in is 199 and I will weigh in on Wednesday’s. I have three children ages 18, 13, and 5 and live on a hobby farm in Missouri. My biggest issue is my hormones. They are so out of whack since having my youngest child, it’s affected my weight and moods and cravings etc... I am having them tested near the end of August but hoping to jumpstart some weight loss this month too.
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ToadstoolBetty
    Week1
    Sunday
    Previous 159.8
    Current 159.6
    Ugh it the build up to femaleness. I'm hoping that i'm retaining at least 2lbs of water.
  • MarieAnn75
    MarieAnn75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is my first challenge. I am hoping that having a group depending on me will help motivate me as well. I am 42 and lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers but sadly put 30 back on when I started dating someone, got comfortable and a 18 months later got dumped by him. My weigh in date is Saturday. I am single, live alone and just relocated to a new town for a job . . . boy that sounds sad. I really do enjoy my job but weight loss is hard when you do it alone. Hopefully we can all motivate and support each other and have this month be a success.
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @MarieAnn75 Welcome aboard hun, Hope we can be there like you need us. Happy for you for the new job ( although that can be very stressful) You got this girl!! let us know how to best help you <3
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’ve been doing this challenge for a few months now. I’ve had successes but then a birthday party or graduation or vacation comes up and I blow it and end up pretty close to where I started. I turn 30 in less than 2 weeks, and I really don’t want to start the next decade of my life having no confidence in the way I look. My husband and I have been married 4 years, and we are hoping to start a family soon. I want to feel good about myself and healthier before I gain all that theoretical pregnancy weight. I’m great about working out every day; always have been. So for me it’s all food, mostly sweets, and mostly on the weekend. If I can be held accountable for what I eat, I think I can make this happen! Looking forward to moving towards our goals with you all.

Frens0614
    Sunday
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    So excited. I wasn't able to make it to my goal in July of 179 but I have high hopes this month.

Weigh in day Tuesday
    Week 1 (August 7):
    Week 2 (August 14):
    Week 3 (August 21):
    Week 4 (August 28):

I think I. did this wrong.

Week 1 (July 31):
    Week 2 (August 7):
    Week 3 (August 14):
    Week 4 (August 21):
    Week 5? (August 28):
  • rhyahcf
    rhyahcf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @lar25473 I’m a bit confused on when the week starts too, but I think your second one is correct. I’m weighing in on Wed, so I think August 1st is my first week, which would make July 31st yours if you’re weighing in on Tuesday. I think weigh ins end on Saturdays, so today is technically the first day? I think? Lol
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 223.2
    Current Weight: 224
This discussion has been closed.