need some advice/help

Options
2»

Replies

• julepige
    julepige Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When you say tuna, does that mean fresh tuna ot tinned tuna. If tinned you need the oily tuna not the tuna i water, if fresh tuna you alright. Chicken beast it's very fatty you are better of with chicken thighs which if lot more fatty.
  • Kerschel
    Kerschel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks Qweck. I see what you mean. My clothes are looser for sure. And I will do the tweaking you suggest. Nothing wrong with 6 pounds in two months, but people on here are seeing much more massive losses quickly, so i was getting discouraged. I'm seeing a change, though, and that is important. It could also be my meds. :-(
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Those people were likely losing major amount of water weight as they purged out the glucose from their body. If you were semi-low carb to start or a smaller body frame you would never see that kind of drop and that isn't a bad thing as it just means you were more prepared for this than they were. The folks consuming 250-300 carbs a day and with lots of weight are the ones that see that kind of "fake" water loss. You are doing great. Just stay with it.
  • Kerschel
    Kerschel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    julepige. I use canned tuna, water packed for lunch, with celery, green onion and mayo. Mayo puts fat back. I eat a whole can and that is it. Lunch.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    julepige wrote: »
    When you say tuna, does that mean fresh tuna ot tinned tuna. If tinned you need the oily tuna not the tuna i water, if fresh tuna you alright. Chicken beast it's very fatty you are better of with chicken thighs which if lot more fatty.

I never really thought about it since I was told all fat is bad and stopped using tuna packed in oil. What is the oil made up of? Is it the oil from the fish, vegetable, olive?
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    julepige wrote: »

I never really thought about it since I was told all fat is bad and stopped using tuna packed in oil. What is the oil made up of? Is it the oil from the fish, vegetable, olive?

It depends on what brand you get. Most available in regular grocery stores are packed in nasty vegetable oils. There are now brands available packed in olive oil, but they are a bit harder to find in the regular store but I'm pretty sure Trader Joe's and Whole Foods offers the good stuff :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check it out.
  • julepige
    julepige Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If you can get the tuna in oliver oil you will be fine and means you wont need the mayo . You can also get mackerel tin which is in oil or water and 0 sugar. I normally get one tin and mix 30 ml of creme fraiche (1g carb)with it in a mixer and use it as a snack with mix veg.and the best thing about mackerel being in a tin is the bone you might fine wont hurt you they just go away when you mix the mackerel in a mixer.