26 hour 20 min virtual relay run for Dennis

Options

Replies

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have an associates, a BS and a doctorate......but I'm too stupid to figure out where to enter my name for a slot on Hawaii time (GMT -10)....would it need a column to left of PST?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have a 16 mile long run scheduled that Sunday. I need to figure out the time zone thing when I'm more awake. We don't follow daylight saving time so I think I will be mountain time?

And I will be starting early, 4:30 or 5 am I suspect. And it will take me 3 hours? I dunno that either.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    I have an associates, a BS and a doctorate......but I'm too stupid to figure out where to enter my name for a slot on Hawaii time (GMT -10)....would it need a column to left of PST?

Haha! Its probably not you. More likely It's me. There is a column for Pacific time. I didn't include the gmt.

Might check that your time zone and GMT match up. I left a link to GMT calculator. Sure any of them online will work though. It workes pretty well, except if you compare it to Australia, since the gmt listed in the sheet (should) account for DST.

ETA.... Ugh... Not sure what's up doc. Looks like i need or someone needs to recheck all of it

I left columns for 4 runners, anticipating some overlap with an abundance of participation.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    I think I signed up for 9 am Central Time on October 14th.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    HonuNui wrote: »

Haha! Its probably not you. More likely It's me. There is a column for Pacific time. I didn't include the gmt.

Might check that your time zone and GMT match up. I left a link to GMT calculator. Sure any of them online will work though. It workes pretty well, except if you compare it to Australia, since the gmt listed in the sheet (should) account for DST.

ETA.... Ugh... Not sure what's up doc. Looks like i need or someone needs to recheck all of it

I left columns for 4 runners, anticipating some overlap with an abundance of participation.

I see... i thought Hawaii and Pacific were on the same time. But you only said column next to..and i thougjt Pacific was all wrong, and the rest of the world. Whew. Good thing idont havd magical godlike abilities, we'd all be effed. 😊 well i added Hawaii time. Ill have to add Pacific back. This isnt easy on mobile.... at work. Not working.

We have some time to get it figured out. No worries right?
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2018
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I think I signed up for 9 am Central Time on October 14th.

I saw that. Might recheck it in a day or so. Time zone "math" , well its been easy to get lost.

ALL, If you feel your synapses need to stretch and engage, Please feel free to double check my work.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I hope its ok, ive made a few tweaks, changed the hours down the side to show 26.2 hrs. and Ive put myself in toward the end, Ill be running monday morning my time. and I will do the beginning as well.

hope my changes are ok and make sense
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I hope its ok, ive made a few tweaks, changed the hours down the side to show 26.2 hrs. and Ive put myself in toward the end, Ill be running monday morning my time. and I will do the beginning as well.

hope my changes are ok and make sense

Thanks!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    On the day, we could have a Facebook Messenger chat going and people can say things like, "I'm starting in Hawaii in 1 hour." Then NZ knows for sure what time to take over. Or we could each message the person after us.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    ok, help an old woman out. I want to run from 430-6pm on 10/13 hawaii time. I'm incapable of understanding where or how to enter my name/time. Put me in there, and I will run it....
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just added a column for Central European Summer Time (and in general tried to clean up the different time columns a little bit) - to add to the confusion, did you know that we change to daylight saving time and back at different dates than the US? :wink: .

I don't think I have any fixed appointments on that day, so I could run pretty much any time. I guess the biggest gap would be before people in the US wake up?

Not sure where to put my name yet, since so many slots are still open.
    Can we figure out a way to mark availabilities?
    Like I could run up to two hours between 7h - 21h GMT, if there is a gap, but I don't want to randomly put my name somewhere and "block" a slot which is the only time somebody else would be able to join.

Would it make sense to add a column for that, so that everyone could first say when they would be available, and puzzle it out from there?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 mile long run scheduled that Sunday. I need to figure out the time zone thing when I'm more awake. We don't follow daylight saving time so I think I will be mountain time?

And I will be starting early, 4:30 or 5 am I suspect. And it will take me 3 hours? I dunno that either.

Wait, US daylight saving time ends on Nov 4 so I will still be Pacific. I will figure this out yet..
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just added a column for Central European Summer Time (and in general tried to clean up the different time columns a little bit) - to add to the confusion, did you know that we change to daylight saving time and back at different dates than the US? :wink: .

I don't think I have any fixed appointments on that day, so I could run pretty much any time. I guess the biggest gap would be before people in the US wake up?

Not sure where to put my name yet, since so many slots are still open.
    Can we figure out a way to mark availabilities?
    Like I could run up to two hours between 7h - 21h GMT, if there is a gap, but I don't want to randomly put my name somewhere and "block" a slot which is the only time somebody else would be able to join.

Would it make sense to add a column for that, so that everyone could first say when they would be available, and puzzle it out from there?
    Thatd be fine.
    On the gmt calculator, you can select the date, as long as its no a weekend. So choose a date after DST adjustment and use that time. Thats how i set Australia up. I had no idea anyone other than the US did DST. Its such a dumb thing.
  • Elise4270
    Options

Wait, US daylight saving time ends on Nov 4 so I will still be Pacific. I will figure this out yet..

No DST adjustment needed for US times since we're running before the time change.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I know figiring it is gobble 'd gook.

If you want to run 7-8 am your time.
    Use the calculator to figure your gmt time.
    Then use the gmt column to schedule your run.

Dont worry yet about finding a time thats not filled. I anticipate we'll fill it out as it comes together with other runners, double runs or later finding we can move scheduled a run.

You can be runner 1,2,3 or 4. If you have to have that time slot, i suggest claiming runner 1. If its a tentative time slot or just feeling out how this is taking shape, i suggest claiming runner 3 or 4.

Y'all's esp isn't working. You should be picking up some vibes and just osmotically understand my thought process. Haha!

Thanks for all your patience!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Dont worry yet about finding a time thats not filled. I anticipate we'll fill it out as it comes together with other runners, double runs or later finding we can move scheduled a run.

You can be runner 1,2,3 or 4. If you have to have that time slot, i suggest claiming runner 1. If its a tentative time slot or just feeling out how this is taking shape, i suggest claiming runner 3 or 4.

Y'all's esp isn't working. You should be picking up some vibes and just osmotically understand my thought process. Haha!

My ESP went kaput when I got married.... :p

ETA: Signed up for 6 AM on the 14th I think...EST with @Teresa502 .
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Oh @HonuNui . Ill put you in. Still might double check it.
    @Orphia i dont do FB. But if someone wants to text me thatd be fine. But like you, i have a race the 14th. So.... Not likely ill be running outside that slot except to do the first hour/last hour thing. My legs may be trashed that day. Haha!
  • Elise4270
    Options

My ESP went kaput when I got married.... :p

Thats cuz it was replaced with WTF haha!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just let me know the first and last hours and I will be on it for the group run as well...
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I just put an "availability" column in for everyone who doesn't have a fixed time in mind yet. I put "2h" behind my name to indicate how long I'd run, so that noone thinks I want to do all 14 hours ^^

So now go ahead everyone and add your names! :smiley: