26 hour 20 min virtual relay run for Dennis

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    I may have put my name in the wrong spot. I was trying to sign up for Oct. 14 at 9 am Central time. I will have to check on it when I am not on my phone.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in there correctly now. I moved my name from 10:00 to 9:00 central and also added 8:30 central. Hopefully I did it right this time.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I've put myself down to cover the 11-1pm timeslot or something, but can be flexible anytime during the day of Oct 14th, I don't have any other plans.
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together Elise. Dennis' next marathon was supposed to be the Lake Tahoe on October 14, so I like how the timing of this worked out. The Lake Tahoe marathon starts at 8:30 PST, so I put myself down to run from 8:30-9:30 (11:30-12:30 EST for me). I'm Hilary for those who don't know :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks @Elise4270 - I signed up for 3 slots 7am-8:30am (Pacific) also on the 14th. Looks like we have some overlap so I put myself as Runner #3. I also have a (10K) race that morning. Hoping it won't take me too much over an hour.
    ETA - scary thing - your spreadsheet made perfect sense to me 🤣
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Thanks @Elise4270 - I signed up for 3 slots 7am-8:30am (Pacific) also on the 14th. Looks like we have some overlap so I put myself as Runner #3. I also have a (10K) race that morning. Hoping it won't take me too much over an hour.
    ETA - scary thing - your spreadsheet made perfect sense to me 🤣

Well its come along properly then. Overlap is desirable. Its like a little bit of virtual hand holding. Im sure it'll fill out just fine.

Id like to see a slot magically appear as running silence. Of course if that happens and if its an agreeable proposal amongst the group

eta i think its easier to view on pc rather than mobile too ;)
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together Elise. Dennis' next marathon was supposed to be the Lake Tahoe on October 14, so I like how the timing of this worked out. The Lake Tahoe marathon starts at 8:30 PST, so I put myself down to run from 8:30-9:30 (11:30-12:30 EST for me). I'm Hilary for those who don't know :)

oh i had no idea. wow. that is just a fabulous coincidence. I am stunned. Dennis must have planned that.

I thought about a shirt, the way you'd get at a race. Maybe just a design we could each use to order the shirt of our choice. I want it to be an amazing shirt though.

Project mDNF. miles Dennis Never Finished. I don't know if it'll come to fruition. Thought it'd be nice to honor him whenever we wanted, in our runs or races. Maybe on the back, like the sponsors are listed, the US states with the ones completed crossed through. Or perhaps, when we finish his list, the names and marathons of the ones we completed. *shrugs*

ETA I wonder if we can get those Lake Tahoe shirts? Ima send an email to the race director.
    ETA 2.. emailed. suggested that there be a way to even register for the race and have our shirts mailed to us. I'd take a marathon DNF for Dennis.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I created another column for your available times, since you aren't running all of that right? The "available" columns are a good way to see how were coming. I know its about 8 weeks out and planning that far out is about like warm jello. (no shape? just made that up). If you have a preferred time though, add it to a "runner" column.

yall add more available columns if needed. As we get closer, I'm sure our schedules will become less like warm jello. There should be a jello run. Where people throw cold jello at other people.

hmmm..... DS must be missing me if I'm feeling mischievous. maybe i should see if hes been throwing jello at people.

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq I created another column for your available times, since you aren't running all of that right? The "available" columns are a good way to see how were coming. I know its about 8 weeks out and planning that far out is about like warm jello. (no shape? just made that up). If you have a preferred time though, add it to a "runner" column.

yall add more available columns if needed. As we get closer, I'm sure our schedules will become less like warm jello. There should be a jello run. Where people throw cold jello at other people.

hmmm..... DS must be missing me if I'm feeling mischievous. maybe i should see if hes been throwing jello at people.

Sorry, I meant to indicate that I could run those slots if other people don't sign up for them. I'll probably run about two hours plus a bit at the start and finish. I figure I'll put my time in "stone" as things shape up, but I certainly could take any (but not all) of the times I marked.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Sorry, I meant to indicate that I could run those slots if other people don't sign up for them. I'll probably run about two hours plus a bit at the start and finish. I figure I'll put my time in "stone" as things shape up, but I certainly could take any (but not all) of the times I marked.

Ya I figured that's how you meant it. I noticed nikki's available column and thought that was a better idea than the one I had, ranking pick times. All just a work in progress. No sorry warranted. Ya know, as needs arise, the sheet will evolve.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I originally figured we just need one "available" column, and everybody who's available can add ther name (that's why I put the ", ..." after mine :wink: ). Otherwise if 10 people are available, we will need a lot of extra columns?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I originally figured we just need one "available" column, and everybody who's available can add ther name (that's why I put the ", ..." after mine :wink: ). Otherwise if 10 people are available, we will need a lot of extra columns?

Well. That works too👍
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'll do one of these screenshots after daylight savings starts here, and closer to Oct 14, but I thought something like this might be handy for the spreadsheet-challenged of us, which shows the start time.

xe9xta2plpuw.jpeg
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Love it @Orphia !

I heard back from the race director regarding the shirts. I was hoping he'd be a mench and offer us a kindness. We can register and have the shirt mailed. But the registration is 135usd. So.. i love Dennis, but not spending 135 on a shirt not everyone can/could get.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've put my name in for 1 hour 1600-1700 GMT. If I've done it wrong can someone correct it for me.. thankyou. Hopefully it's right.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    *bump*
    We still have a couple of slots to fill!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Melbourne time moves an hour forward on Sunday morning.

So for you, I'm starting running my marathon for Dennis / @KeepRunningFatboy not at GMT + 10 (AEST), but at GMT + 11 (AEDT) on Sunday 14 October.

https://time.is/Melbourne (shows current world times).

I did say that earlier, but just repeating closer to the time.

I'll post a screenshot of the world clocks after we change.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Melbourne time moves an hour forward on Sunday morning.

So for you, I'm starting running my marathon for Dennis / @KeepRunningFatboy not at GMT + 10 (AEST), but at GMT + 11 (AEDT) on Sunday 14 October.

https://time.is/Melbourne (shows current world times).

I did say that earlier, but just repeating closer to the time.

I'll post a screenshot of the world clocks after we change.

Yes, i think we made that adjustment in the chart.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, my husband and I are in, I can't make heads or tails of the spreadsheet and will look at it again. Memphis is Central Time and we've been running in the later afternoon and evening - our "long" runs last about an hour. Do you guys still need more people?
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Signed myself up for two hours if y'all need me.