Replies

• KillaLindzilla
    KillaLindzilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Username: KillaLindzilla
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 245.8
    Current Weight: 245.3

This is pretty frustrating and disappointing for me. I had an overall calorie deficit for the week of 7039 calories so I was expecting to lose a bit more. Even though my scale didn't reflect it, yesterday was the first time I noticed a physical change in myself after almost 25 pounds lost. My belt is now on the tightest notch so I'm going to have to buy a new one very soon! My work pants won't stay up with out the belt, and I've noticed my work shirt is fitting much looser.

I'm a very competitive person who hates failing. Although I feel like I failed this week, I need to remind myself that every step I take in the right direction is a win.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 28
    Exercised?: No
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: Yes

Conscious decision to be over today (and not have activity)

Lunch with parent (who I had not seen in 6 months). Home after dark. Large lunch, chicken dinner, but then chocolate to start to build up some reserves for trip to Spain (as running low and was under-prepared for last trip).

Will still make circle as normal day planned for tomorrow, then travelling where I usually get under-fed as well as airport hopping for extra activity.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 28 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    ShareASmile
    Week 3
    Last weight: 159.4
    Current weight: 159.4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Comments: ugh! 😥

@ShareASmile I know it stinks not to see a move downward, but holding steady isn't necessarily a bad thing. You know how people say some big percent of weight loss is mental? I always imagine weight loss is like I'm gripping on to the edge of a cliff. If I can pull myself a little bit up the cliff that's great, but I'm also pretty psyched to just keep my fingerholds in this cliff and not slip backwards. Does that make sense?

So hang on, and you'll pull yourself up. :smile:

Thank you so much! This makes total sense and I'm ready to pull myself up on the cliff! I've had a walking boot on for the past 4 weeks and just got it off yesterday. I'm ready to get out there and get moving again - all in moderation, though! Thanks again for your encouragement, it REALLY did help!
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sep 28th
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories under: Maybe
    Tracked: I tracked right up until dinner. My boyfriend made dinner today and he made chicken wok (chicken, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and I wasn't able to weigh it since he was so quick to just throw everything together.. But I had like 600 calories left and there is no way I could have reached that amount of calories because I barely ate anything. (And also, it's chicken and veggies were talking about so you have to eat much for it to add up to many calories) Tomorrow I'll make dinner! :smiley:
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 171.4 pounds
    Today's weight: 170.4 pounds

So no big loss, but I now have double ear and sinus infections. Here's hoping next month is healthier and lighter.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 29
    Exercise. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 29
    Exercised?: Yes (6km in 46 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Last forest walk for a while. Flying to Spain tonight for 2 weeks.

My wife made my favourite dinner (roast lamb).

Now to pack for 2:00am taxi ride to airport followed by 24+ hours travel.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 29 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Final Saturday of the September Challenge! It's weigh-in day for:

@akerra27
    @emmclean
    @ladylin77
    @ShareaSmile -- glad my cliff analogy helped :smile:
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Weigh in week:4
    Weight last week:195 lbs
    Weight this week:197 lbs
    I am again in intense back pain for 2 days by doing house cleaning.Not able to move much now or feed children.Sorry for this gain.
    Hope things will be better soon.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 159.4
    Today's weight: 159.0
    Baby steps......😊
  • 90kgToNewMe
    90kgToNewMe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I’m Katrina from Sydney, Australia. I’m happily married with 7 and 9 year old sons, plus a 6 month old Cocker Spaniel which gets me out walking at least twice a day!

I came to MFP approximately 1 year ago weighing 90kg (198lb) and got down to 65kg (143lb) in about 9 months. However i haven’t been tracking calories or weighing myself much in the last 3 months and I’ve been slowly packing on the pounds - 30lbs to be precise! Last week I was 74kg and I’ll be getting on the scales in the morning to weigh myself. I’m hoping I’ve lost a kilos this week... Hopefully this group will provide the motivation I need to get me back to losing and then maintaining.

Katrina
  • Bendiz_
    Options
    Sep 29th
    Exercised: No
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • Bendiz_
    Options
    Sep 30th
    Exercised: No
    Calories under: Yes, under by 300.

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 30
    Exercised. No
    Calories. No
    Tracked. Yes
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    September 30
    Exercised: just house cleaning
    Calories: No, ate at maintenance today
    My sister-in-law was laid to rest today. I couldn't travel for the funeral so mourned her on my own at home. Snowy day was appropriate I guess.
This discussion has been closed.