What's for Lunch?

Options

Replies

• teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    And the horrible sleep continues...I went to bed with a migrain and did make dinner, so no leftovers. Luckily, my coworker brought some broccoli cheese soup, and some kielbasa for her lunch today, but has to do a client lunch meeting -score!
  • leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Today I had a taco salad. 4oz of ground beef, homemade taco seasoning, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1 tbs of Desert Pepper salsa, 1 tbs cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of spinach and 1/3 cup broccoli... the seasoning could have been more but it wasn't bad :smile:
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    @leahk80 -awesome! I'm also having a taco salad today...seasoned ground beef over spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and cheese, with salsa and guacamole.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Went to Chick fil a today and had 8 grilled nuggets on side salad (didn't add bell pepper topper) and half packet of avocado lime dressing. The salad came up as 2 carbs but that seems high for a small bowl of lettuce and a sprinkle if cheddar cheese.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I made chili last night, and with hubby out of town this week, I will likely have it for lunch and dinner for the rest of the week lol. Today, I topped it with cheddar cheese, and then had a serving of buttered broccoli on the side.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    8oz 85/15 ground beef (pre-cooked weight) with 20g of colby jack cheese, shredded, and made into 2 patties, convection baked for 40 minutes at 375ºF, coupled with 2 cups of raw spinach, 1tbsp ranch dressing, and 5tsp of sugar free ketchup. Brings me in at 6 carbs total, 47 fat/ 49 protein and around 650 calories. So like a really good burger. Mostly the carbs all come from the extras that make this a better meal. I try and find things that make keto something I can do for the next year, if not the rest of my life. As I go, I'm compiling the better days and I'll make myself an at-a-glance recipe day book, so I can easily copy/paste days and save myself time later on in life.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    @CentaurusSoter -that's a really good idea! I have a couple of go-to meals, like chili, my green keto hash, and a few others, and it definitely makes things a lot easier.

I roasted off two chicken leg quarters for my dinner last night...one of them will be for my lunch today. I also have broccoli, seasoned with lemon pepper and 1/2 T butter, and cabbage fried in/with bacon.
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    @CentaurusSoter -that's a really good idea! I have a couple of go-to meals, like chili, my green keto hash, and a few others, and it definitely makes things a lot easier.

I roasted off two chicken leg quarters for my dinner last night...one of them will be for my lunch today. I also have broccoli, seasoned with lemon pepper and 1/2 T butter, and cabbage fried in/with bacon.

If/when I hit my goal weight in a year or so, it'll be so much easier to have my own go to of recipes so I can just hit my numbers and not play the "fit the macros" game each day. Maintenance and not changing my numbers should be easier, I'd think. Right now, I'm adjusting every 4-5kg or so, and my older days aren't copy/paste stuff anymore, without modification.

My favorite recipe is probably my keto meatloaf. Beef, spices, porkrinds ground, egg, sugar free ketchup, sriracha. calorie dense, tasty, and goes great with a plain or more boring salad. Can make a bunch of small loaves and bake 5-6 at once.

My food day is likely going to be a threepeat of the burger/salad, as I'm enjoying the meals for now, and have other stuff to do today.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Today, I have TACO SALAD, which is one of my faves. I browned off 75/25 ground beef with my house blend of taco seasoning, and some salsa to keep it loose. Top it with shredded cheese, and lay it on a bed of baby spinach, with diced tomatoes, avocados, olives, and some cilantro and I am a happy girl...! (I didn't have any sour cream or greek yogurt at home, so I am skipping that).
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I made a pot roast last night for dinner that was seriously off the charts good...So I have some of that for lunch today, along with some pot roast veggies (onions, celery, a few carrots, a few parsnips, tomatoes, and a hefty serving of cabbage).

Om nom nom...! It is freezing cold here today, and it's going to hit the spot!
  • leahk80
    Options
    Today I'm having a pan fried hamburger patty with cheese and cheesy riced cauliflower for lunch with a snooker doodle fat bomb for a snack. quick and easy.
  • gwendyprism
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and bacon leftover from restaurant breakfast yesterday I think I'll add some avocado.
  • leahk80
    Options
    Today my lunch is actually my breakfast...2 hard boiled eggs and 12 slices of Genoa salami
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    It was the hubby's turn to cook last night: brisket tacos! So today, I have a naked burrito bowl: brisket, queso, avocado, pic de gallo, and riced cauliflower. I am REALLY looking forward to lunchtime!
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Today is my office holiday party...We are going to a restaraunt for a buffet lunch. I've eaten there before so I should be able to stay on track...

I had a glass of Riesling at the ballet last night, and I am regretting it. Totally wasn't worth it.
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    I was in the process of making some medium boiled eggs to do an egg salad when I switched and grabbed a few ounces of leftover chicken to eat. Now I'll eat the egg salad later when hungry. Simple lunch, but hits the protein and fat goal while being around 2 total carbs.
  • leahk80
    Options
    Today I'm having a homemade hamburger(frozen patty) with cheese and riced cauliflower with sugar free BBQ and sugar free catchup with a piece of chocolate(atkins endulge) though i was looking through the ingredients and realized it has some bad stuff. but still better then the lb of candy I consumed last week with full sugar. Sugar addiction is really hard to get over but I'm trying.
  • gwendyprism
    Options
    leahk80 wrote: »
    Today I'm having a homemade hamburger(frozen patty) with cheese and riced cauliflower with sugar free BBQ and sugar free catchup with a piece of chocolate(atkins endulge) though i was looking through the ingredients and realized it has some bad stuff. but still better then the lb of candy I consumed last week with full sugar. Sugar addiction is really hard to get over but I'm trying.

I use Russel Stovers sugar free candy and Atkins products and diet soda. It may not be "ideal" but as you say, way better than how we used to eat. For now, these products help me stay keto.
  • leahk80
    Options
    Good afternoon, today's lunch is a can of tuna with mayo and broccoli with mustard..Hope everyone has a good day!!
  • libbymajewski
    libbymajewski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow’s lunch that I will pack and bring to office: chicken legs (skin on & pan fried in avocado oil & some grass fed butter & then finished cooking in oven) w/ baby spinach, avocado and bit of crumbled blue cheese.