What's for Lunch?

Options

Replies

• teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Today I have homemade chicken sausage, two eggs, a tomato, and 2 oz of cheddar cheese...I'll just scramble it all together for my lunch today with some unsalted butter.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Left over cold turkey drumstick. Yum.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My Keto Meatloaf recipe with a spinach salad. Not anything crazy, but they're delicious and hit the spot.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    It's Panera for lunch today -that place just makes me want all the carbs...I swear they pump that fresh baked bread scent in the restaurant! I will have the green goddess cobb salad, and be a good girl lol...
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A half sized Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad from Wendy's, a huge glass of water, and a black coffee.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I have to work through my lunch today, so I have a spoon and a jar of peanut butter, lol...I'll have 2T and then have to be satisfied with that till dinner! We are hitting the road first thing in the morning for our holiday weekend!
  • gwendyprism
    Options
    Homemade leftover meatloaf and green beans with bacon.
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    Ground beef patty, a cup chopped turnip greens, and a tablespoon of better than bouillon

Was in a blah mood today. Didn't feel like cooking.
  • leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My lunch today is the same as last time: hamburger patty,slice of cheese and riced cauliflower with spices and broccoli. Its simple and tasty :)
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2 beef patties, some leftover roasted chicken, and a whole hass avocado.
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    Burger King Bacon King without bun. Adding a standard spinach salad to the mix, and it's my christmas eve meal.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    We drove home yesterday -some ten hours -and I didn't have time to go to the store, so my lunch today (at work) will likely be a quarter-pounder with cheese (no ketchup, no onions, no bun), a side salad, and a large unsweetened iced tea!
  • gwendyprism
    Options
    Homemade chia seed, almond flour bread with pBJ.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I made a brisket for New Year's dinner, and managed to save one portion for my lunch today...I am topping it with a bit of cheese, some pico de gallo, guacamole, and bacon bits for a naked burrito kind of thing.
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    250g round tip beef that I roasted yesterday.
    2c spinach
    2tbsp ranch
    50g colbyjack cheese

Simple, but a bit plain, and macro-hitting. I didn't go crazy this december holiday season, but I would like to get as far from 300lbs on the downside as I can. Minus the mandatory NYD meal (it's a southern staple), I'll be doing strict and low keto for a few weeks. Should end today at 10NC/12C.

• teresamwhite
    Options
    Today I had spaghetti made with shirataki noodles, some cheddar cheese, salami, and almonds. Kind of a snack box, but not really.

Next week is going to be really, really busy, so I will likely prep out five days worth of snack boxes, and round it out with a cup of bone broth. Cheese, salami, HB eggs, almonds, broccoli, cauliflower, hummus, etc.
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    I managed to save half my dinner from last night -so today its carnitas!

I also made a snack mix for myself with pork rinds, almonds, pecans, and crispy cheese tossed with Worcestershire, onion, garlic and butter...SO freaking good!
  • CentaurusSoter
    Options
    Single burger, 2tbsp bacon pieces, 2tbsp ranch, 1tsp cuban mustard, salt, 2c spinach, 192g 85/15 ground beef, 1/3c pasta sauce.

As I've said before, it's not glamorous, and it's a bit boring, but it's working for me. Ground beef is about the only meat I could eat consistently. Using my carbs on muscle milk to easily hit my protein goals that I would be lacking otherwise. Half a kg of meat is about the most I could comfortably eat in a day without getting sick and not wanting meat for a few days. 30-32g of protein per protein drink makes it a non-issue.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    For me its always something to do with eggs,bacon,avocado,and spinach. I intermittent fast so my first meal is 3pm so it may look like breakfast :):)
  • teresamwhite
    Options
    Longshore wrote: »
    For me its always something to do with eggs,bacon,avocado,and spinach. I intermittent fast so my first meal is 3pm so it may look like breakfast :):)

Nice! I feel "breakfast foods" are always appropriate, no matter what time of day, lol!

Single burger, 2tbsp bacon pieces, 2tbsp ranch, 1tsp cuban mustard, salt, 2c spinach, 192g 85/15 ground beef, 1/3c pasta sauce.

As I've said before, it's not glamorous, and it's a bit boring, but it's working for me. Ground beef is about the only meat I could eat consistently. Using my carbs on muscle milk to easily hit my protein goals that I would be lacking otherwise. Half a kg of meat is about the most I could comfortably eat in a day without getting sick and not wanting meat for a few days. 30-32g of protein per protein drink makes it a non-issue.

My go-to is keto hash...ground beef, bacon, whatever green veggies I have in the house, seasonings...I don't have to think about it, and know exactly how many of which macro is in it. I think it's helpful to have a few recipes like that to make it easier to stay on track.

Today's lunch comes courtesy of my neighbor...She had a dinner party last night, and sent me home with a leftover pork chop! I'll add some mushrooms, and spinach to round that out for my lunch today...