Keto, cholesterol, CAC and heart disease risk

Options
2»

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Awesome! thanks for the reply... It helps me to know that I'm not taking too much and could possible go up a little bit more. thanks again

Well, if your lab tests show a healthy level of Vitamin D (and calcium), you don't need to take more.

But if your Vitamin D is tough to maintain, no reason not to up your dose.

(I went from 3000 IU to 5000 IU to 20,000 IU/day for a while, then backed off to 10-15,000 IU - but not lower - to keep it above 65 ng/ml.)

;)

I was only curious about how much is too much of the K2....taking it along with my V D3 . I agree no need to up my D.
    Thanks!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Are you in Zero Carb Health on Facebook?
    Just wondering because someone posted this yesterday and in the comments no one has a story of confirmed improvement like you do.
    I just thought I’d let you know just in case you are in that group and interested in sharing there.
    etdi6h5n7cv5.jpeg

I am not in that group on FB. TBH, I joined a couple of carnivore groups when I was giving that a try and found the majority of the posts as intolerant and condescending as vegan groups for the most part. There were a few worthwhile posts, but not enough to make it worth sticking around. I am sure there are good ones and bad one.

I did share on the Fat Head group where someone had posted something similar to what you copied above.

I understand what you’re saying.
    Just thought I’d check in case you wanted to add your experience. I know I’ve seen you in a few groups we are both in.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I did the CAC test at about age 48.