Options

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! It's Week 2 Weigh-In day for:

@cjscoey
    @Colleen790 - Making steady progress!!
    @grebber1 - Week after week, down and down again!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    October 10
    Exercise: yes, good 3 hour hike, legs are a little sore from weight workout yesterday. Kind of surprising with all the hiking I do.
    Calories: yes, under by quite a bit
    Tracked: yes

@Rocknut53 I saw this article recently, and your post made me think about it: https://nytimes.com/2018/09/03/well/live/preventing-muscle-loss-among-the-elderly.html

Key point I took away: even if you're an active person who's using muscles a lot for things like hiking, walking, swimming, you still need to have strength training as part of the routine.

I'm trying to think of exercise and losing weight as part of working on my retirement plan. Investing in me, and all that.

@LeslckaBod I started weight training in January of 2017 a few months after reaching my goal weight. With my skiing, hiking, snowshoeing, and weight training within 4 months I was amazed at the transformation. I hadn't felt that good for many years, 30 or so. And now, just one session in, because of the mild soreness in my muscles, I'm reminded of the goal I had in 2017. With my husband facing declining health (at 66 :( ) I'm more determined than ever to accomplish this and stick with it. I'm just really sad that he hasn't jumped on board.

Good for you to focus on nursing school. There is such a shortage everywhere that you will do fine.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    October 10
    Exercise: yes, good 3 hour hike, legs are a little sore from weight workout yesterday. Kind of surprising with all the hiking I do.

@Rocknut53 I saw this article recently, and your post made me think about it: https://nytimes.com/2018/09/03/well/live/preventing-muscle-loss-among-the-elderly.html

Key point I took away: even if you're an active person who's using muscles a lot for things like hiking, walking, swimming, you still need to have strength training as part of the routine.

I'm trying to think of exercise and losing weight as part of working on my retirement plan. Investing in me, and all that.

@LeslckaBod I started weight training in January of 2017 a few months after reaching my goal weight. With my skiing, hiking, snowshoeing, and weight training within 4 months I was amazed at the transformation. I hadn't felt that good for many years, 30 or so. And now, just one session in, because of the mild soreness in my muscles, I'm reminded of the goal I had in 2017. With my husband facing declining health (at 66 :( ) I'm more determined than ever to accomplish this and stick with it. I'm just really sad that he hasn't jumped on board.

Good for you to focus on nursing school. There is such a shortage everywhere that you will do fine.

@Rocknut53 Is your goal a weight loss goal, or body composition goal, or something else?

Re nursing school, I think the congrats go to @Wishfulthinning18, who's working hard toward that!!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So this week was a success as far as losing weight. I'll miss my goal of 325 next weigh in but I'll be in the 320's. I kinda figured that would happen as my goal was kinda lofty anyways. Cool thing is one of my main goals is to be under 300 by 2019. I have plenty of time and should be there easily which is awesome.
    I also had that one jersey that was tight I wanted to bring on vaca. Was hoping it would fit loose enough (I hate shirts touching me when riding) but with 1 week to go I doubt I will bring it. I haven't tried it on in a cpl weeks but I doubt it's fitting the way I want. I'll have to try it out when I get off work. No biggy. The other 2 should be really nice and loose now lol.
    Let's see here. ..... my eating has been pretty good. Getting a little lazy on preparing foods early for the week tho. Need to tighten that up. Been riding my bike at least 4 times a week and have an 8 week challenge coming up next week. Looking forward to doing it. Need to buckle down because after my riding vacation my daughter is flying home from alaska to visit. She will want entertained I'm sure lol.
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    October 10

@Rocknut53 Is your goal a weight loss goal, or body composition goal, or something else?

Re nursing school, I think the congrats go to @Wishfulthinning18, who's working hard toward that!!

Yep, my bad, got lost in the thread for a minute. As far as my goals: I want to get back to where I was a year ago weight-wise and body composition. Long term goals are to stay off cholesterol and acid reflux meds and keep the aches and pains at bay as I get older (and older and older).
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    October 11
    Exercise: yes, house cleaning, dog walk and 98 minutes of strength training
    Calories: yes
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Question for the Week
    So, it doesn't have to be weight loss related at all, but What are you grateful for today? Bonus points if you post a picture to share with us! (Use the little picture icon to add the pic)

Been down these past few days. Haven't really ate anything due to being down (i tried to complete diary at 981 calories and got yelled at by MFP). Just not hungry.

Been down about a guy.. started off strong.. but now it's just the one word responses.. the ones you know where the interest has died off... I always have to make the effort to talk to him etc.... sigh. I'm 31.. I'm not getting any younger.

However, I am thankful because I moved to my current city/state strictly for the purpose of nursing school and then moving back home to my home state 1500 miles away.. He would have never moved... so I'm grateful that no matter what or how much it sucks now, it would have sucked a lot more later. Also, I no longer have the distraction from my school. I'm also about bettering myself... and he was happy living at home with parents (at 32) with an $11/HR paying job when he could apply himself and become a paramedic instead of a EMT. Maybe that's petty... but oh well.

I am also grateful for my new job at the hospital dispatching medical helicopters. I have been a 911 dispatcher for the past 10 years. It was something I never wanted to do, however the money was a lot better. I'm grateful for my strength that has pushed me to stop being unhappy and go back to school and go to nursing school so one day I can be a flight nurse instead of just dispatching them. My hospital also pays up to $4,000 a year for school.

I'm also grateful that the "diet" I have chosen has been working consistently without fail ever since I started July 18th. There hasn't been a week I didn't lose. Some I lost a lot more lbs then others but it's always been a loss. This past week I needed a little bit of cheer in my life and I had a great weigh in.

Sorry it was such a long post! [/quote]

I love the long post. It caught my attention and really spoke to me. This forum is great for fitness and weight loss, but it's always nice to hear the unfiltered "real life" stuff too. I can really relate to what you've written.

You are doing an amazing job. To lose consistently every week is an incredible victory!

The guy thing sucks. But you make good points about moving.

You are in the process of bettering your life. You say you aren't getting any younger, but you are getting stronger, more confident, and more knowledgable. Keep investing in yourself; I'm confident it will pay off.

(I also have been moody due to a guy recently, so you aren't alone! I'm also certain mine gave me mono. And have no clue where it's going. In large part because I'll be moving out of state for law school next year.)
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Well my husband has just left the house and will be gone for 3 full days! So it's me, my 2 and 4 yr old Boys and the cat! :s

But it gives me a chance to catch up on some Netflix viewing and get to bed earlier if I start trying to LNS! 😊

Unfortunately it means no running or gym, so I'll be a week behind on c25k but I'll just dust off some dvd workouts and do one at night after the boys are in bed!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 12
    Exercise. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Oct 12 exercise no calories no tracked yes
  • Lilmamawoz
    Lilmamawoz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oct. 11
    Exercise yes yoga
    Calories way no😖
    Tracked yes
  • doingitforcckandi
    Options
    Username: doingitforcckandi
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 291.6lbs
    Last week: 290
    Today’s weight 289.6
    Frustrating weigh in today. Ate clean all week and averaged 2041 calories per day and to lose two pounds my goal was 1830.
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    Weigh in week: October Week 2
    Previous weight: 147.5 pounds
    Today's weight: 147.5 pounds

Deja vu....I'm hoping water retention from weight training is masking a small loss...I can dream, right? Yesterday I was 147 :*
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: October Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 169.6
    Current Weight: 169.6
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Username: doingitforcckandi
    Starting weight: 291.6lbs
    Last week: 290
    Today’s weight 289.6
    Frustrating weigh in today. Ate clean all week and averaged 2041 calories per day and to lose two pounds my goal was 1830.

@doingitforcckandi The spreadsheet has you at 289.6 for last week, too. Was that an error?
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Friday, folks! Sorry I wasn't in here earlier. I'm still looking for a weigh-in post from @fe452436

Tomorrow's Saturday, and weigh-in day for @emmclean and @ShareASmile !

Enjoy your weekends!
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    October 12
    Exercise: yes, 4.5 mile hike
    Calories: yes
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So I've noticed that lately I have been more hungry than usual. Same diet. But some times like today I just couldn't satisfy it. Only thing I can think of is that it has been cooler outside lately and I just realized I have not been drinking as much water as I use to. Coincidence? This is probably why I have been feeling more hungry and I need to make sure I start drinking more often and see how that helps
This discussion has been closed.