Like Minded Lushes - Fall 2018

Options
124»

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    great pic Syd. I used to love to play around downtown but it has really gone to hell. How cold did it have to get for you to turn on the heat? We are having beautiful weather, albeit cold weather. It was 23degrees outside on my way to work this morning.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    my house gets down to 60-61 degrees in the am so I run the heat for about 15 minutes to take the chill off. We SoCal-ers are wimps :p

More rain on the way...more red wine I'm sure. Just about done with my Xmas shopping. Should get the tree this weekend. Plugging along.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sydney- 60 is way too cold for me! We have the heat set at 68 at night. That keeps our frenchie happy, which makes me sleep better!

Enjoy the weekend! Wine tonight.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    We went to the Christmas tree farm and got our tree. It's a family tradition and every year I swear this is going to be the last. Dragging the 9 footer (and all it's needles) in the house...getting it straight in the stand (turns out the the trunk has scoliosis)...the cats think it's all about them (because cats are *kitten*), etc, etc, etc.

But the tree is up and it smells SOOOOOO good!! <3 The husband and I are still speaking. All is right....we'll probably go through it again next year. Although one day I may give up and go artificial.

Hope everyone is lushing along (or not) I had my fair share of wine as it was necessary o:)
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- we went artificial a few years ago and love it. We rolled it out of the closet a few days ago and will unzip it today. Comes with lights already on. Plug it in, put a few ornaments on it, and done. We did the real tree thing when the kids were young, but now its just so much easier with the artificial one.

So, your new family tradition will be to "coax the tree to come out of the closet"! >:)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Boy the MFP feed seems to be all messed up...not seeing anyone's updates.

Hope all is well. I'm going to try to get through all my wrapping today...which will require wine, of course :drinker:

Should we start the winter thread, Robin??
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Only a couple more days until the winter solstice! Big family gathering at our place on Saturday. After which I hope to get back to the basics. I am looking forward to longer days!

Have a great Holidays everyone!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    YES to longer days!!
    Good luck on your gathering, Gary. I've got everyone here on Christmas Eve. Should be a pretty mellow evening...as mellow as it can be with a newly walking 1 year old in the mix. :)

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

I think I'm going for 0's most of the week. I'm sure I'll make up for it by the weekend.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks Syd. We will have up to 24 more likely 20 but you gotta be ready. No even trying to get in any zeros.

Enjoy the newly walking 1 year old. They are a crack up at that age!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awww, one year olds are adorable!
    Christmas Eve at my house this year, Christmas day at my brother's house- should be interesting.
    Down to 70-some days till our big family cruise...time to buckle down!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Where ya cruising, Ann?

The 0s have been pretty easy. I probably will continue until tomorrow although I opened a red to make sauce so maybe I'll have a glass. I'm actually at my lowest weight which is great. But I'm horribly out of shape which makes me sad. I need to get my exercise groove back in '19.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Happy Winter Solstice! The dark days will begin getting lighter! Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Maybe we can start the winter thread? Robin, Syd, hint hint. ;)