21 day Atkins challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    fat fast day 2 today, I had butter for breakfast,, lol, yesterday I was grumpy, i get that way on the fat fast, i just hope the scale fly's downward,, keep it up, home streech! streach? lol
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! I read over your posts and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a "round two"? I see I'm quite late to this party;) How is everyone doing? How much weight have you lost and are any of you runners? I tried the Atikins in the past but always felt REALLY crummy for about the first two weeks, (and I've tried this more than once so clearly, it's my own personal thing:/ Any advice? Best to all of you!! Thanks for your time!!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    after sept `1st i am sure many of us will be happy to start a new goal, and about feeling crumy i have to wonder if you never fully got yourself into ketosis, and just hovered on the edge, that would be a very bad place to be, have you ever tried keto sticks during induction phase?
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Fat fast day 3, on the scale this morning and I have dropped 3 pounds since Sunday, the fat fast has broke thru my platue / stall,, yay, on my way down again
  • hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just lost 10 pounds doing the ASAP diet which is very very similar to this diet (low/no carbs but also has 6 oz. protein max daily. It sort of follows the HCG protocols which I find too restrictive (500 cals recommended)

I have a friend doing low carb and I'd like to support her (and we can make dinners together!) and I would like to up my protein/fats and eat some DAMN BACON. haha... so I am going to shift my diet to the Atkins! I had done it before and it started me on the road towards a 20 pound loss in 1 month (assisted with hoopdance of course).

I bought my ketostix, my freezer of meat and my fridge full of vegetables and I'm ready to start a 3 week challenge! I will be starting tomorrow as day 1 because I did visit Starbucks today :\

Its a good thing I LOVE pot roast.

And my diary is public! I'd love more friends to share in these adventures, please add if you feel the same way!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I love pot roast too!!! and Fried Chicken, yum,, Day 4 of the Fat Fast has resulted in a 6 pound loss on the scale this morning, I am super happy about that, only 3 days till the first, lets all chime in with out numbers then, and maybe we can start a Month of September club!!!???
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Last Day everyone, Sept 1st one day away, I picked the perfect time to stall during this period,, LOL, so here I sit, having lost only 6 pounds during the 21 day run, but alas its good to have lost those 6 pounds, but I still have 9 more pounds to go before I hit my first magical goal of crossing OUT of the 300 pounds range, I now weigh 309, so when Sept 1 arrives we are going to start a Sept run, I hope you all join in there, I hope you all find it within yourselves to post how you did during the Sept 1st challenge
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I lost 6.6 lbs, which is a healthy amount of weight loss for 4 weeks.
  • yasiralnakib
    Options
    Hi every body, I congratulate you all at the end of the 21 day atkins challange, and I wish that everybody came closer to his goal weight, during this challange (21 days ) I lost 15.4 it was suprisngly fun to shed this weight during this time, it was very pleasing to drop two sizes of clothes, i enjoyed my diet with your support,
    Thank you all