December Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• Bassagirl51
    Bassagirl51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey , I am in ! I need all the motivation I can get. Just started in November, this is my second week😮 so far no set backs!! I started at 183 ,current weight 175.5
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    kahart625 wrote: »
    Hello, Im new to the Keto Diet and only on day 3, but im hoping this will work where other "diets"/"lifestyle" changes have not.
    My question is, by mid day, i have eaten my macros of carbs and protein but have like 100 Fat to go! And thats having eggs/bacon for breakfast; cheese/deli meat for a snack if needed/ and then lunch and dinner are sometimes a challenge. I made Keto meat pie which was awesome but 600 calories and took me over the top for the day in all my macros. So today i had turkey and brussel sprouts and brocolli,, met my protien and carbs already, but have all fat left. now what! any suggestions to make this easier? I dont want to eat bacon and cheese all day, as tempting as that sounds.

I think your macros maybe wrong? There's plenty fat in eggs, bacon and cheese and very little carbs. MAybe you could post what your macros are either here or in the general part of the Keto forum and someone could take a look for you? I would but I'm currently with only occasional internet coverage and won't have any for a few days, sorry! Don't give up though.
  • GDowning2Fit
    GDowning2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been a member of fitness pal for a while now but never really engaged/used it. I really want to begin a healthier lifestyle and lose this weight. Any tips, motivation, encouragement is most definitely welcomed b/c I surely need it! So how does the group/challenge work? Do you guys share tips and recipes? Is there a menu or list of food suggestions?

CW 180
    GW 165
  • GDowning2Fit
    GDowning2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Very useful and thorough information! I really need to cut back on wine too! I think I can handle the food a lot better :)
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am in for December! I have put back on a few lbs that I keep trying to address, but I have been letting so many things get in the way that it is embarrassing how many times I have had to admit it. Would love to end the year strong!

Starting weight: 153
    Current weight: 141
    Goal Weight: 115ish (I'm 5'1")

Sunday 12/02
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Very useful and thorough information! I really need to cut back on wine too! I think I can handle the food a lot better :)

NP, I hope it is useful. Make sure you're tracking those alcohol carbs/info as well. I know it's harder to do and think of when imbibing of a few brews, but the things that seem hard at the start get easier with time. Plan out what you might have, track it, then drink. Set yourself a limit, etc. The phone app makes this easier once again. Gotta love technology aiding us in such ways.
    I am in for December! I have put back on a few lbs that I keep trying to address, but I have been letting so many things get in the way that it is embarrassing how many times I have had to admit it. Would love to end the year strong!

Starting weight: 153
    Current weight: 141
    Goal Weight: 115ish (I'm 5'1")

Sunday 12/02
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30

Good luck and here's hoping you reach the goals!
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Start Date: 29 July 2018
    SW: 178
    GW: 138

Thursday 11/29: 160.5
    Sunday 12/02:
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30

I was 158 on Thanksgiving, and I'm still working the last 2.5 pounds off from that meal... my counsin's mashed potatoes and the apple pie were worth it though! I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so 160.5 will be my end weight for November, which is still a few pounds down from the beginning of the month. I would like to be 155 by the end of the year, so fingers crossed I can make that happen, so with my parents coming to town and us showing them around, I won't be surprised if that doesn't happen. So long as I am in the 150s at the end of the year, I will be satisfied.
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    December will be the 12th month I’ve been a member of this group. In my opinion, this group has contributed more to my success in gaining back my health than any other single factor this year. I’ve told everyone on this group that I <3 keto! The truth is I <3 all my friends in this group. Your support, encouragement and thoughts have inspired me to be better. I look forward to 2019, knowing it has the potential to be another happy, healthy year thanks to all of you. December is going to springboard me into 2019 on a positive trend. Bring it!
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    kahart625 wrote: »
    Hello, Im new to the Keto Diet and only on day 3, but im hoping this will work where other "diets"/"lifestyle" changes have not.
    My question is, by mid day, i have eaten my macros of carbs and protein but have like 100 Fat to go! And thats having eggs/bacon for breakfast; cheese/deli meat for a snack if needed/ and then lunch and dinner are sometimes a challenge. I made Keto meat pie which was awesome but 600 calories and took me over the top for the day in all my macros. So today i had turkey and brussel sprouts and brocolli,, met my protien and carbs already, but have all fat left. now what! any suggestions to make this easier? I dont want to eat bacon and cheese all day, as tempting as that sounds.

Look up and make some simple fat bombs to add fat. Most people say to only worry about reaching fat% for the first few days to week (unless your goal is other than weight loss.) After you're in ketosis, the fat % is a maximum limit, not a daily goal you have to reach. The most important macro is the carb limit. You don't need to worry as much about the others. You can tweak those later as you learn more and what works best for you.
  • jenele14
    jenele14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m down...
    SW 183
    GW 160
  • mlm7281
    mlm7281 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This will be my first monthly challenge (not new to MFP but newish to Keto and new to this group 🙃).

Feel free to add me, too!

Start Date: October 8th 2018
    SW: 157
    CW: 142.6
    GW: 120

Sunday 12/02:
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30

Good luck everyone!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi, all.

I did a terrible job of logging for November, but did manage to be down 4 lbs for the month. I plan to do better a job of logging in December.

HW: 321
    Keto SW: 301 (Started 3/26/2018)

11/30 269.0

Sunday 12/02:
    Sunday 12/09:
    Sunday 12/16:
    Sunday 12/23:
    Sunday 12/30:

Good luck to everyone!

• ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was only able to add my name to the monthly spreadsheet as December cells seem to be protected. So here is my update for latest weight.

SW 237 (August 2016)
    Keto SW 161 (28 November)
    GW 130 to 140 range

Sunday 12/02 158.5
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/ 30

will admit logging in the evenings has been slipping so am going to aim to be more consistent.
    @NikkiJRM is it possible to have a look at the spreadsheet for December cells for me?

• Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    And here we go. Good luck everyone!

SW: 146.1 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

Sunday 12/02: 142.9 lbs
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sunday 12/02 222.0
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Start Date: 29 July 2018
    SW: 178
    GW: 138

Thursday 11/29: 160.5
    Sunday 12/02: 158.5
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30

Ended November in the 160s, and kicked off December in the 150s! (Full disclosure: I hit 158 before cheating on Thanksgiving, and am now back down from that temporary gain.) My parents arrive on the 18th to visit, and I would like to be 155 at that point. Fingers crossed!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps,

Apparently I had edit permissions set on the spreadsheet. OOPS! I fixed it and all should be good to go now.

Anyway, I just sat down at my desk and when my screen came on there were still Thanksgiving recipes on my desktop. Too much busy for me. I think I need to figure out how to be so busy and still find time to keep life keto. I haven't lost all control, but things being so hectic and there are a little bit of extra carbs here, a little bit there, and it's just enough that I've added on a few lbs each month since September. Most alarming for me is how I've been feeling lately. Not sluggish or anything, but fog-brained, and I had the absolute worst migraine I've ever had on Monday, so bad I thought I was having a stroke. It is the 1st migraine I've had since going Keto in 2017.

I'm not going to drive myself nuts this month. I think I just want to not gain another ounce from what I weigh now. I can definitely manage that!

Dec 2nd - 179.2
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My goal is to have a loss this last month of the year. Any amount accepted!
    Started Keto Oct 1 - 180.3
    Last weight in Nov. - 174.8

Sunday 12/02- 174.4
    Sunday 12/09
    Sunday 12/16
    Sunday 12/23
    Sunday 12/30
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    HW: 321
    Keto SW: 301 (Started 3/26/2018)

11/30 269.0

Sunday 12/02: 268.2 (-0.8)
    Sunday 12/09:
    Sunday 12/16:
    Sunday 12/23:
    Sunday 12/30:

That's a 0.4 lb a day average! LOL. Oh how I wish that were fat instead of water. Keto on, everyone!