countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Dec 17 5.53, Dec 18 6.22 and Dec 19 3.85 miles

exercise.png

MTD 89.10

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    Starting the month finally with 7 miles out of 150.

Adding 13 miles for 20 out of 150.

Adding 14 miles for 34 out of 150.

Adding 12 miles for 46 out of 150.

Adding 6 miles for 52 out of 150.

Adding 14 miles for 66 out of 150.

Adding 21 miles for 87 out of 150.

Adding 31 miles for 118 out of 150.

Adding 4 miles for 122 out of 150.

Adding 28 miles for 150 out of 150. Now in to the holiday vortex.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    I've had a relief vet in for the last three days. Spent most my time sleeping, eating and riding my bike. I think that qualifies as just about perfect. :smile: Guess I can't be a slacker all the time though so it's back to work again. I did get the Christmas lights up. :smile:

Dean: How is the new vet working out? I am so glad you are getting a well deserved break. I spent this past week hunting down gifts for five dogs I sponsored for Christmas at a rescue where I got my pup . Their gifts will go with them when they are finally adopted. It is fun watching them enjoy it. They also had five new dogs come in shot, attacked by coyotes, two hit by cars and one will have an amputation.
    Poor guy is just a year old.

It's just a relief vet this week. I did hire a new vet but they can't start until June. Emergency vets are in high demand and low supply. Well, good ones anyway.

That sounds like quite the week at the rescue. It sounds like one of my weeks at the ER. What happened that the dog will need an amputation?

I am sure specialty vets are in demand. My specialty veterinary practice is huge and I am sure lots of them find their way to places like PSVEC. The dog who will be have his leg amutated tomorrow has a left leg Humeral Malunion and Disuse Osteopenia from a former injury not being treated.

The other guy had his elbow shattered by two bullets. The vet said his surgery went really well. His triceps were still attached to the Ulna fragment which was reapposed with 2 pins and a tension wire. His activity level will need to be greatly restricted during his recovery to prevent bending of the pins. This will be followed by aggressive physical therapy to rebuild that triceps muscle. He's gone so long without walking on that leg, that it may be hard to convince him that he's allowed to use that leg again. There is still a chance that he will never start using the leg again and will need amputation. He did great under anesthesia, and the vet was able to remove the bullet fragments as well.

The other guy was hit by a car and had a plate put in for a rear displaced transfer fracture of the femur.

The Shepherd was attacked by coyotes trying to defend her pups. They killed all of but one pup but she died at the hospital. They did a number on the mother and she is missing a huge portion of his right ear.

What is it with gunshots. I’ve treated three in the last two weeks. All three were pellet guns but they still did some damage.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,321 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

CONGRATULATIONS to @SUFFERLANDRIAN (Dean) making GOAL!! :drinker:

@ANACONDA469 - Oh phew!! At first I thought you were saying you broke (cracked) your Strava device! :lol: Glad it was just your mileage goal you broke! :+1:

@K80FLEC - Glad to hear your masseuse got rid of your headache for you!! :flowerforyou:

Dave
    rI85m5.png

1gg3g8hnhcft.jpeg
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Adding 2

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Dave, I love that news advice. I laugh everytime I see it. If you haven't lived down south, you may not understand how important that sweet tea is. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Adding 6 more miles for 156 miles. Bonus miles. :smile:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    12/15 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/16 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/17 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    12/18 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/19 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/20 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 417.0 miles

exercise.png

Throw back Thursday My first Tour des Chutes 2014 after 50 miles

hk0unmenazgj.jpg
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    OMG its been a week since I posted! Yes its been CRAZY busy! Had to get rooms & house ready for relatives coming for a nieces wedding on my husbands side. All weekend (Thur-Mon) it was cook, clean & repeat. Then Monday I went back to the school to help them as kitchen manager for 6 to 8 weeks. Today was chiro & massage therapy on my back. Tomorrow its get ready to leave on Sat for Lowell Arkansas where we'll spend Christmas with our youngest son. In all the craziness I have covered some ground. Only in 2 mile increments but its something! Wanted to do a Tabata workout today but my back was not up for that so the furries & I got outside & walked. The weather here has been AWESOME! Upper 30 & low 40's, LOVE it!

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,363 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Wow...Janet, you have been one busy traveler. I bet you are glad to be back home.
    Dec. 18 -21Adding 18 miles of walking and cycling slowly.
    TTD: 170 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I've had a relief vet in for the last three days. Spent most my time sleeping, eating and riding my bike. I think that qualifies as just about perfect. :smile: Guess I can't be a slacker all the time though so it's back to work again. I did get the Christmas lights up. :smile:

Dean: How is the new vet working out? I am so glad you are getting a well deserved break. I spent this past week hunting down gifts for five dogs I sponsored for Christmas at a rescue where I got my pup . Their gifts will go with them when they are finally adopted. It is fun watching them enjoy it. They also had five new dogs come in shot, attacked by coyotes, two hit by cars and one will have an amputation.
    Poor guy is just a year old.

It's just a relief vet this week. I did hire a new vet but they can't start until June. Emergency vets are in high demand and low supply. Well, good ones anyway.

That sounds like quite the week at the rescue. It sounds like one of my weeks at the ER. What happened that the dog will need an amputation?

I am sure specialty vets are in demand. My specialty veterinary practice is huge and I am sure lots of them find their way to places like PSVEC. The dog who will be have his leg amutated tomorrow has a left leg Humeral Malunion and Disuse Osteopenia from a former injury not being treated.

The other guy had his elbow shattered by two bullets. The vet said his surgery went really well. His triceps were still attached to the Ulna fragment which was reapposed with 2 pins and a tension wire. His activity level will need to be greatly restricted during his recovery to prevent bending of the pins. This will be followed by aggressive physical therapy to rebuild that triceps muscle. He's gone so long without walking on that leg, that it may be hard to convince him that he's allowed to use that leg again. There is still a chance that he will never start using the leg again and will need amputation. He did great under anesthesia, and the vet was able to remove the bullet fragments as well.

The other guy was hit by a car and had a plate put in for a rear displaced transfer fracture of the femur.

The Shepherd was attacked by coyotes trying to defend her pups. They killed all of but one pup but she died at the hospital. They did a number on the mother and she is missing a huge portion of his right ear.

What is it with gunshots. I’ve treated three in the last two weeks. All three were pellet guns but they still did some damage.

Not sure Dean, but one lady from my one of the pages I am on for lost pet, a lady posted this. I think it is angry homeowner or kids thinking it is funny.
    Look at this one.

I'm not one to get super personal on social media. Sharing photos of my (super adorable) children and the occasional funny meme is as far as it goes. However, my family had something happen last night that shook us to our core.

Anyone that has come into our home or has known Chris and/or myself for the past 11 years has most likely met our sweet dog, Charlie. Last night I let Charlie out to do his business around 6:00. When I opened the door to let him back inside I noticed something was off. He was in shock, wasn't responding to any commands or my voice at all. He had a few what looked like superficial puncture wounds and I wondered if he had gotten hit by a car or gotten into a fight with another animal. A few minutes passed and he was getting worse fast. I rushed him to the vets where they quickly noticed his low heart rate and white gums before he was out of the trunk of my SUV. They swept him away as quickly as it had all started.

The veterinarian found me and wanted to go over a list of tests to run and costs. I quickly agreed. Anything to help our sweet boy. Just by looking him over she couldn't figure out why he was in so much agony. She too had thought he'd gotten bit by something and thought he was being a "baby".

Then the X-rays came back. Charlie was shot twice, once in the chest (lung) and once in the butt with (what we believe to be) a BB gun. The prognosis was not good.

Let that sink in... Shot with a BB gun twice IN OUR FRONT YARD where he was taught to feel safe. To all of the vet techs and veterinarians astonishment, he has pulled through. As long as we can steer clear from any infection he will be okay. Those bullets will stay with him forever though. He is 11 years old and we're not sure we would make it through a complicated surgery.

We do have security cameras at our house and the state police have been notified. A police report was filed and they are investigating. My family is offering a reward for any information on any suspicious cars/people in the area (308 near Renick's Tree Farm just north of Butler) on Sunday evening or any similar cases in Center Township. Social media is a powerful thing so I thought it'd be worth a shot to share our story. Please feel free to share this post.

To clarify, pissed is an understatement.
    I'm not one to get super personal on social media. Sharing photos of my (super adorable) children and the occasional funny meme is as far as it goes. However, my family had something happen last night that shook us to our core.

Anyone that has come into our home or has known Chris and/or myself for the past 11 years has most likely met our sweet dog, Charlie. Last night I let Charlie out to do his business around 6:00. When I opened the door to let him back inside I noticed something was off. He was in shock, wasn't responding to any commands or my voice at all. He had a few what looked like superficial puncture wounds and I wondered if he had gotten hit by a car or gotten into a fight with another animal. A few minutes passed and he was getting worse fast. I rushed him to the vets where they quickly noticed his low heart rate and white gums before he was out of the trunk of my SUV. They swept him away as quickly as it had all started.

The veterinarian found me and wanted to go over a list of tests to run and costs. I quickly agreed. Anything to help our sweet boy. Just by looking him over she couldn't figure out why he was in so much agony. She too had thought he'd gotten bit by something and thought he was being a "baby".

Then the X-rays came back. Charlie was shot twice, once in the chest (lung) and once in the butt with (what we believe to be) a BB gun. The prognosis was not good.

Let that sink in... Shot with a BB gun twice IN OUR FRONT YARD where he was taught to feel safe. To all of the vet techs and veterinarians astonishment, he has pulled through. As long as we can steer clear from any infection he will be okay. Those bullets will stay with him forever though. He is 11 years old and we're not sure we would make it through a complicated surgery.

We do have security cameras at our house and the state police have been notified. A police report was filed and they are investigating. My family is offering a reward for any information on any suspicious cars/people in the area (308 near Renick's Tree Farm just north of Butler) on Sunday evening or any similar cases in Center Township. Social media is a powerful thing so I thought it'd be worth a shot to share our story. Please feel free to share this post.

To clarify, pissed is an understatement.a4i8axx5p5bw.jpeg
  • clepant
    Options
    Wow...Vhuber. You have been one busy lady. I don’t know if I could keep up with you. I thought my life was crazy this past four days but you have me beat for sure.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Dec 20 5.91 miles

exercise.png

MTD 95.01

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    adding 3 miles

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    12/20
    2.25 miles
    12/21
    29.44 miles
    390.89 miles MTD
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Clepant - That's really sad. We had a husky in two weeks ago that was on his property and was shot by a pellet gun in the chest. Lungs were collapsing. We managed to save him but the first vet they went to recommended euthanasia and they weren't ready for that. When the owner said "Pissed is an understatement" she wasn't kidding. Now we are filing medical records with police departments and animal control. We have a list of missing puppies at the front desk. People are getting puppies for Christmas and people are steeling them from the yards. Just don't let your pet outside unattended. This time of year, people can be really cruel.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,310 Member
    Options
    Adding 22.01 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Adding 15 miles for 171.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    12/15 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/16 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/17 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    12/18 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/19 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/20 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/21 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 442.0 miles

Ticker took a hiatus, its plus 25.0 for 442.0 miles

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,924 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations to @clepant on making goal!!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend leading up to Christmas. Florida is full of people here for the holidays -- I couldn't believe the lines at the grocery store. I don't like the wait but I do enjoy thinking about all the families getting together for the holidays. I started out to do my last long run before Disney today but family stuff came up and I only did 7 miles. I'm going to try again on Monday. 44/50
This discussion has been closed.