JTH11706 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Hi there! Sorry to be MIA - I didn't read ALL the posts I missed but it sounds like most of you are well. I'm finally back in the US but after a 12 hour turn around I left again for my son's graduation. I can't believe both my boys made it through college! My younger son had to battle learning disabilities and I couldn't be more proud of him. I better remember to bring tissues to the ceremony!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    I've had a relief vet in for the last three days. Spent most my time sleeping, eating and riding my bike. I think that qualifies as just about perfect. :smile: Guess I can't be a slacker all the time though so it's back to work again. I did get the Christmas lights up. :smile:
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I thought I signed up for 50 miles in December but can't find my post. I must be getting old! LOL! Anyway updating my miles for December. I'm at 25/50.

exercise.png

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
    Doing well so far but away for second part of December, so lets see.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    12/15
    19.88 miles
    288.07 miles MTD
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,362 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »

exercise.png

14th: 4.1 miles, 1.1 m TM, 3 m purposeful walking - MTD 64.46

The running club had its Christmas social last night ... I had my meal, a couple of G&T’s and was home and in bed for 11 .... whilst the rest partied on. I might have the stamina if I wasn’t childminding 2 x 4 year olds full time B):DB)

They will where a person out. I taught 5 to 11 year olds all day and I was pretty beat when I got home. I most definitely would have called it a night too.
  • clepant
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dec. 14 and 15: Adding 14 miles. I got to nice walks in with my cancer pup. I also got a few miles on my x bike and hit my stair quota. My knee is swollen again but not painful.....a good thing.
    TTD: 122 miles.

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options
    I've had a relief vet in for the last three days. Spent most my time sleeping, eating and riding my bike. I think that qualifies as just about perfect. :smile: Guess I can't be a slacker all the time though so it's back to work again. I did get the Christmas lights up. :smile:

Dean: How is the new vet working out? I am so glad you are getting a well deserved break. I spent this past week hunting down gifts for five dogs I sponsored for Christmas at a rescue where I got my pup . Their gifts will go with them when they are finally adopted. It is fun watching them enjoy it. They also had five new dogs come in shot, attacked by coyotes, two hit by cars and one will have an amputation.
    Poor guy is just a year old.

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    12/14 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 292.0 miles

12/15 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 316.0 miles

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congrats to @anaconda469 on making goal -- wired jaw and all!

Fabulous day yesterday watching my son graduate. Off to New York City for Christmas dinner with my in laws. I'm going to be happy to get home when this is over.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    A very mixed week new TTD 53 miles
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    8th Dec 5.37
    9th Dec 6.33
    10th Dec 6.23
    11th Dec 3.56
    12th Dec 5.78
    13th Dec 4.04
    14th Dec 3.36
    15th Dec 2.13
    16th Dec 7.26 miles walked

Total miles walked to date 78.64
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Dec 14 5.08 miles Dec 15 3.53 miles

exercise.png

MTD 68.73

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »

Dean: How is the new vet working out? I am so glad you are getting a well deserved break. I spent this past week hunting down gifts for five dogs I sponsored for Christmas at a rescue where I got my pup . Their gifts will go with them when they are finally adopted. It is fun watching them enjoy it. They also had five new dogs come in shot, attacked by coyotes, two hit by cars and one will have an amputation.

It's just a relief vet this week. I did hire a new vet but they can't start until June. Emergency vets are in high demand and low supply. Well, good ones anyway.

That sounds like quite the week at the rescue. It sounds like one of my weeks at the ER. What happened that the dog will need an amputation?
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Ran outside for the first time in ages. It was snowing like crazy last Sunday and 60 degrees today. NC weather is never boring.

Adding 4 miles (some walking in there too)

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,007 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12/8 5 miles
    12/9 7.25 miles
    12/10 9.50 miles
    12/11 7 miles
    12/12 8.50 miles
    12/13 10.75 miles
    12/14 9.50 miles
    12/15 6.50 miles

As of 12/15 113.75 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,307 Member
    Options
    Adding 20.36 miles. Getting back up to our 5.0 miles a day!! We are at 2.75. So excited!

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a good week.

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    12/16
    12.05 miles
    300.12 miles MYS
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    12/15 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/16 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 341.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    edited December 2018
    Options
    clepant wrote: »

It's just a relief vet this week. I did hire a new vet but they can't start until June. Emergency vets are in high demand and low supply. Well, good ones anyway.

That sounds like quite the week at the rescue. It sounds like one of my weeks at the ER. What happened that the dog will need an amputation?

I am sure specialty vets are in demand. My specialty veterinary practice is huge and I am sure lots of them find their way to places like PSVEC. The dog who will be have his leg amutated tomorrow has a left leg Humeral Malunion and Disuse Osteopenia from a former injury not being treated.

The other guy had his elbow shattered by two bullets. The vet said his surgery went really well. His triceps were still attached to the Ulna fragment which was reapposed with 2 pins and a tension wire. His activity level will need to be greatly restricted during his recovery to prevent bending of the pins. This will be followed by aggressive physical therapy to rebuild that triceps muscle. He's gone so long without walking on that leg, that it may be hard to convince him that he's allowed to use that leg again. There is still a chance that he will never start using the leg again and will need amputation. He did great under anesthesia, and the vet was able to remove the bullet fragments as well.

The other guy was hit by a car and had a plate put in for a rear displaced transfer fracture of the femur.

The Shepherd was attacked by coyotes trying to defend her pups. They killed all of but one pup but she died at the hospital. They did a number on the mother and she is missing a huge portion of his right ear.
This discussion has been closed.