December 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I was biking in to work tonight and I see a small tail light ahead of me. I realize from the headlights on the cars that there is a cyclist dressed in dark clothes with one itty bitty tail light just above the rear tire. I jumped on the pedals and caught up to them and rode behind them with all my lights so they could be seen. When we got to an intersection where we parted ways, I pulled one of my Beryl lights off my saddle bag and handed to them. I told them, "Put this on your backpack. You're hard to see." They seemed really surprised. They thanked me and said they would get it on once they crossed the highway. It was kind of fun to see their face when I pulled the light off my bike and handed it to them. :smile: I love biking in the snow. I find it really relaxing.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Starting the month finally with 7 miles out of 150.

Adding 13 miles for 20 out of 150.

Adding 14 miles for 34 out of 150.

Adding 12 miles for 46 out of 150.

Adding 6 miles for 52 out of 150.

Adding 14 miles for 66 out of 150.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »
    @k80flec - Cars on fire? I thought you were in England, not France. Why were cars on fire? That's scary.

Electrical faults, petrol leaking onto a hot engine .... two, fifty miles apart is very unusual.

Wow. How weird is that. Glad it wasn't yours.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,347 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dec. 9 and 10: Adding 10 miles of walking and some very slow x bike. My knee blew up yesterday. So much fluid on it, I can barely bend it. Going back to ortho tomorrow to see if I can get some fluid off of it. I cannot take it, not exercising. I am going to become a blimp and my muscles are getting flabby...yikes!
    TTD: 92 miles

exercise.png

@Dean: What a wonderful thing to do.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ohhhh clepant!! I know EXACTLY how you feel but with it swelling with fluid like that "must" mean you are irritating it & I just cringe when I think of it & the pain you go through.
    While trying to be LOW KEY in my fitness after this last round of who knows what I have gained some pounds too! Well I'm sure the sugar consumption has helped apply it faster than trying to be a low key exerciser! Today was a good day & my goal is to stay focused on VERY LITTLE sugar & to get more physical in my workouts. Walk faster, do inclines, pump arms faster, go more miles or jog with all the above mentioned will torch some unwanted calories. My metabolism has slowed down sooo much with menopause
    I would REALLY appreciate it if you all would once in a while ask me how its going so I stay motivated & held accountable. I'll be honest with ya if its been a win or a defeat day with the sugar monster!

Got in 2 miles on foot today.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@ANACONDA469 - 7 years, that's wonderful!! Congratulations!! :star:

@CLEPANT - I'm so sorry about your knee. I hope if feels better fast!

@SUFFERLANDRIAN - Thanks, Dean. I'd say I'm close to 95%. Still a little stuff in my upper respiratory that keeps me coughing trying to get it out. But I feel pretty goodf for the most part. :+1:
  • vhuber
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@ANACONDA469 - 7 years, that's wonderful!! Congratulations!! :star:

@CLEPANT - I'm so sorry about your knee. I hope if feels better fast!

@SUFFERLANDRIAN - Thanks, Dean. I'd say I'm close to 95%. Still a little stuff in my upper respiratory that keeps me coughing trying to get it out. But I feel pretty goodf for the most part. :+1:
    Glad you are feeling better! I have found that if I MOVE IT that junk comes up & it clears the chest! Also this old German doctor told me to put a small pot of RO water with sea salt mixed in it on the stove & make steam. I use a small plastic funnel to breathe through. Be careful to not burn your throat but it stops coughing & opens the airways! Try it, you don't have anything to lose..

• KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    12/3-12/10 = 26.78

exercise.png
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dec 8 4.52 miles, Dec 9 4.01 miles and Dec 10 5.72 miles

exercise.png

MTD 45.35
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,266 Member
    Options
    @clepant, @k80flex, @Dean Thank You! When the Doc said 1/2 male or 30 mins I just looked at DH and smiled. :D

@vhuber, I know it's only been one day, but How is it going? I hope today was a good one for you. I know what you mean about the slow metabolism and menopause...I bounce all the scale. The hardest obstacle now is the meds my doc has me on mention...in small print...on page six..."MAY CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN." This morning's number was NOT good, so I'll join you in getting rid of these unwanted pounds and watching the sugar and salt.

Chris
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,266 Member
    Options
    Adding 10.08 miles.

exercise.png

I hope everyone is doing well.

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,799 Member
    Options
    12/10
    4.5 miles
    ———-
    12/11
    23.55 miles
    216.68 miles MTD
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Starting the month finally with 7 miles out of 150.

Adding 13 miles for 20 out of 150.

Adding 14 miles for 34 out of 150.

Adding 12 miles for 46 out of 150.

Adding 6 miles for 52 out of 150.

Adding 14 miles for 66 out of 150.

Adding 21 miles for 87 out of 150.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Chris - I can't even imagine what it's like to go through menopause, but it sounds like a perpetual version of the flu. It does remind me of a song my brother used to sing the the tune of "It's great to be a God" from El Dorado (Disney animated). "It's great to be a guy. No mascara in your eye. …." I can't remember all the song. I may have to have him write it down some day.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I had the surgery session yesterday to cut the wires and put the parts back in. My whole face is swollen and I still can't chew much but I can open my mouth (some people wishes it would have been longer). Now it will be just appointments to the alignment of lower to upper. Not speaking much right now, sounds like I got marbles in my mouth. Have to get used to having the metal plates back in there. But so far, so good.

12/08 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/09 - 24.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/10 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    12/11 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 220.0 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @anaconda469 , Today was a good day! Its hard to go "completely" sugar free but I did good. I expect the withdrawal headache tomorrow. I sure hope the jaw renovation goes fast!!!

A busy day & had to drive 90 minutes one way to the middle grandsons kindergarten Christmas program . But I put the treadmill on 4.5-5 mph with a 6.5 incline for 2.25/ My shins may feel this tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the sugar issue vhuber. I went back in to the ortho office today and sat for over two hours today just to get 45 cc’s of fluid taken off my knee. Lets just say, I am seriously considering amputation or seeing a witch doctor...lol. So count me in on sugar withdrawal and accountability.

Meanwhile....hang in there Susan. I am praying all goes well with your new parts.
    Posting a big fat zero miles today.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @clepant - 45CC!!!! Wow! That's a lot. Your knee must have looked like a basketball. If I had 45 cc on my knee, I wouldn't be sitting for two hours. After the first 30 minutes I would have been heading down the hall to get the stuff to drain it myself. :wink:
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Dec 11 5.46 miles

exercise.png

MTD 50.81

This discussion has been closed.