12/21 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 442.0 miles

12/22 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 467.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    @Clepant - That's really sad. We had a husky in two weeks ago that was on his property and was shot by a pellet gun in the chest. Lungs were collapsing. We managed to save him but the first vet they went to recommended euthanasia and they weren't ready for that. When the owner said "Pissed is an understatement" she wasn't kidding. Now we are filing medical records with police departments and animal control. We have a list of missing puppies at the front desk. People are getting puppies for Christmas and people are steeling them from the yards. Just don't let your pet outside unattended. This time of year, people can be really cruel.

Agree Dean. I posted a similar comment as yours. Here is what I said:
    As I follow a numerous posts on lost or missing pets, I have become keenly aware of the increasing number of animals that are being stolen out of fences in yards, poisoned or shot such as this one.
    While I freely let my pup run in my fenced in back yard, I am no longer allowing him to be unsupervised. Sadly, we now live in a day and age where not only our children are unsafe, but also our fur children.
    Yesterday, I almost ran over a neighbor’s door that was in the middle of the street licking some kind of food off the ground along with whatever rock salt or brine that was under it. The sun was in my eye and I barely caught a glimpse of him on the road.
    Please, do not assume you live in a safe area. Please do not assume that your neighbors love animals like you do and do not care if they are doing their business in someone else’s yard. And please don’t assume that they will be found without, ID tags, collars and a chip.
    Note: In Ocala, Florida, someone is stealing dogs and placing them out on the military bombing range as their sick idea of fun.
    190twxg3hqmy.jpeg

While my guy is just a mutt, he is my family member. I would be devastated if he were stolen.
  • clepant
    Options
    Dec. 23: Adding 10 today. My knee is spanking me for it too. Walking and x bike miles.
    TTD: 180 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options
    Dave, Loced that weather report you shared.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    ... and he’s a beautiful mut @clepant.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    19th Dec walked 5.11 miles
    20th Dec walked 4.29 miles
    21st Dec walked 5.8 m8les
    22nd Dec walked 5.65 miles

Total miles walked to date 110.27
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Options
    rf8mjqisfpwp.jpeg
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    @clepant I respectfully object to "just a mutt." He's a mutt, he's a gorgeous dog, a companion, a fur baby, whatever you want to call him, but no "just." :smiley:

Adding 3.4 miles.

exercise.png

• k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

23rd: 3.5 miles - MTD 96.96
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    With all the sickos out there abusing doggies/kitties and other creatures, I would love to take one in to love and care for it. I have been prescribed a companion animal by my doctor, but where I live unless it is a working dog, I can't have a doggie. But I donate tons of spare cash to animal charities to help these abused animals. Maybe someday I will have a fur baby again.

12/21 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 442.0 miles

12/23 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 492.0 miles

exercise.png

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I made my goal. I haven't been on the board here for a bit because I've been sick with a bad cold. I'm getting better. Glad I made my goal low this month. Hopefully, next month I'll be even more active.

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @lamlam, I hope you're feeling better! It's that time of year where all kinds of sicknesses are around!
    @clepant, You are such of a generous soul! Your dogs "know" they are LOVED! My dogs are at the boarder right now & I hate it. They don't get exercised, its sorta cold in there & they don't get much attention but it's the only boarder in town. I miss them very much & I know they miss me & will be super excited when they see me!
    We are in Arkansas with our son & GF. It was 50* with flowers still blooming outside! AMAZING! I took their little dog for 2 miles of walking! He's outta shape. Had to bring him back so he wouldn't croak! LOL

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,924 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congratulations to @lamlam2013 and @2essie on making their goals! Way to go.

@vhuber - enjoy your time in the "warm" weather. In Florida 50 is extreme cold. Which just goes to show how its all relative.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Snuck in 1 mile of laps before a yoga class.

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options
    @kar: My dogs are the best. All of my dogs were either given to me or rescued. A few were purebred but my mixed pedigree have always been the best. To mean my guy is absolutely a sweetheart. I would miss him terribly.
    @anaconda: I hope you can have a dog some day. They are the best companions.
    Merit use to run two miles with me in her better days. This guy always did my mile loop in my neighborhood.
    @lamlam: Hope you feel back to your healthy self soon.
    Vhuber: Enjoy your trip. We may kit 59 temp. before the end of the week. We are .66 inches from setting the year’s highest rainfall for our area. The record went to 2004 when Hurricane Ivan came through. But this year, it seems that my yard has never dried out and my basement keeps leaking.
    Dec. 24: Adding 10 miles of biking 6 and walking 4 miles.

exercise.png

TTD: 190 miles.
    Here is a photo of my mantle.This my grandfather’s German Santa sleigh and lead reindeer.

7bpgmfi1yjcz.jpeg
    aj2io98996g6.jpeg
    llqyhl368gmk.jpeg
  • k80flec
    Options
    Hope we’re all on the nice list. May the next few days be peaceful and spent with those that are important to you

i3rljlzf6zce.jpeg
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12/23 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/24 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 517.0 miles

exercise.png

Merry Christmas Everyone

p3ishtm2zs7q.jpg