December 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Food poisoning. Last night was a real struggle here at work. Tonight is not so bad. Mostly aches and soreness. At least no more vomiting.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,311 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Dean! I've had it a couple of times...awful! Hope you are better soon.

Chris
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

And that's GOAL for @JTH11706 (Janet), @SUSSEXBYTHESEA and K80FLEC!! :drinker:

Sorry to hear you were sick. The stomach flu is just about the worst. I hope by now you're back to normal!

GF & I are on our post-Christmas Getaway at a super nice resort up in northern Minnesota along the North Shore of Lake Superior. Much relaxation has been had. Sadly, today is the day we check out to go back home. Waaah. :)

Hope this finds you all doing well!

Dave
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    I love all the beautiful Christmas posts. @clepant - your mantel is fabulous. I hope everyone's holiday was as nice as mine. I've had a lovely few days with my husband and boys, including our new Florida tradition: the pre-Christmas mini-golf tournament LOL. Yesterday I finally did my long run and got in 17 SLOW miles. That's as ready as I am going to get for Disney. I have my boys for another week and I intend to enjoy every minute - see you all later! 63/50 puts me at goal.

Without me looking, is the Disney half marathon on the same course as the full marathon. Just curious, Good for you on getting your miles done. I like your mini Golf tournament. What a great way to have fun. I always ran New Year’s Eve with my trail runnging group and ran New Year’s mornings a tradition. I am hoping for a New Year’s Day hike.
  • clepant
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Dec. 26: Adding only 5 miles today. Spent 5 hours in the hospital waiting for my dad to get hydration before a CT scan. He came back crying and in pain because they stretched him on his back in an arched position. I pumped Tylenol in him, fed him and pumped fluids to flush his kidneys of the dye. He went to bed exhausted and I managed to strain either my hamstring or gastrocnemius muscle attachment in my bad knee. Can’t quite tell where the pain is coming from except that it hurts to extend my knee. Icing, icing and more icing.

I get the part of stretching him to get the best picture possible but if it hurts, at least give him something for the pain. Sometimes I think we are kinder to our patients in veterinary medicine than human hospitals are to humans.

Agree Dean. We have more compassion for our fur friends. They told my dad that the table was hard and uncomfortable. My dad has been hunched over for so long, that I am sure that having him in hyperextention was brutal on him. He was crying during the test and broke down when he got back to his room. He said that he is done with tests. I cannot say that I blame him.
  • clepant
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12/22 -y made t 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/23 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/24 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/25 - 12.5 miles turbo trainer
    12/25 - 14.5 miles cycling (Christmas Day road ride dodging weather)

Total: 544.0 miles

exercise.png

Here is my bestus buddy, my beloved fur baby Bear, who only made it to 7 yrs. He has been gone since 2011 but I still feel his presence.

wftjbxgzj8m4.jpg

He looks a lot like my Merit!
    @anaconda: I have been trying to find a picture of Merit. Here is one, but not as clear.

afkku311f5ib.jpeg
    llqjl6aaqf2e.jpeg

• clepant
    Options
    Dec. 27 and 28: Adding 8 for yesterday and 4 today before getting my knee lube injection.
    TTD: 213 miles

exercise.png

@Leanz: Had a wonderful Christmas! How was yours?
  • clepant
    Options
    Dave or Janet: Quick question. I have not checked my stats for awhile. Do you know when I missed my goal streak or am I just not listed yet for December.? I don’t think I missed any and it says 47 for some and 46 for me.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Dec 20 5.91 miles

exercise.png

MTD 95.01

Happy Holidays! Looking to see where I left off.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Adding for Dec 21-27 28.59 miles

MTD 123.60/110 goal

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    12/27
    25.23 miles
    455.60 miles MTD
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Dean, Sorry you suffered food poisoning. Must say I've NEVER had it before but have heard its horrendous! Glad you are feeling better. By the way, our Budha is not scratching himself to death after covering his new bed with a cotton blanket. We had bought him that bigger bed the end of July & he must be allergic to the durable/wool material in it. Thanks for your opinion!
    Got in 14 on the ex bike AFTER doing an hour Tabata!

exercise.png

• belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... bit off target this month despite feeling like I haven’t stopped moving all month! Still a few day left to try to get closer but feel like I could do with a few days on the couch ;) !

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    @dean - I've had food poisoning several times and it's terrible. I would crawl to the scale several times a day to see the weight drop, but it would be back the minute I started eating. Hope you're doing better.

I've got a head cold and can't taste anything. Eating seems pointless.

Adding 3.1 miles.

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,017 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12/26 7 miles
    12/27 8.50 miles
    12/28 7.75 miles

As of 12/28 200.25 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    23rd Dec 5.56 miles walked
    24th Dec 5.18 miles walked
    25th Dec 2.97 miles walked
    26th Dec 5.54 miles walked
    27th Dec 5.65 miles walked
    28th Dec 5.52 miles walked

Total miles walked to date 133.65
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Took my congested head on the treadmill for 2.2 miles.

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,924 Member
    Options
    Dave or Janet: Quick question. I have not checked my stats for awhile. Do you know when I missed my goal streak or am I just not listed yet for December.? I don’t think I missed any and it says 47 for some and 46 for me.

@clepant - it looks like it was a mistake. I've fixed it. Thanks for spotting! Your admins humbly apologize.

• JTH11706
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    I love all the beautiful Christmas posts. @clepant - your mantel is fabulous. I hope everyone's holiday was as nice as mine. I've had a lovely few days with my husband and boys, including our new Florida tradition: the pre-Christmas mini-golf tournament LOL. Yesterday I finally did my long run and got in 17 SLOW miles. That's as ready as I am going to get for Disney. I have my boys for another week and I intend to enjoy every minute - see you all later! 63/50 puts me at goal.

Without me looking, is the Disney half marathon on the same course as the full marathon. Just curious, Good for you on getting your miles done. I like your mini Golf tournament. What a great way to have fun. I always ran New Year’s Eve with my trail runnging group and ran New Year’s mornings a tradition. I am hoping for a New Year’s Day hike.

@clepant - the full marathon starts out the same as the half, departing Epcot and going through the Magic Kingdom, but whereas the half marathon heads back to Epcot from there the marathon has to find a way to burn another 13 miles so it runs through Animal Kingdom down to ESPN then back up to Epcot by way of Hollywood studios. It hits all the theme parks.
  • JTH11706
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations going out to @GrandmaJackie, @countrycreek and @vhuber (aka "I don't know how she does it") as they roll past the goal line!

@darkrider42 - glad you had a getaway! Sounds lovely (if cold LOL).

@sufferlandrian - sorry about the food poisoning, and with your heavy work load I don't know how you do it. The only time I've had food poisoning was on a trip abroad when I stupidly ate chicken from a street vendor, that was probably contaminated with salmonella. I've had some great street food but never again will I order chicken. I first realized something was wrong when I found myself looking for a second blanket after having already wrapped myself in one. Shortly after the fever and chills came the stomach upset. I was very sick for 3 or 4 days. It was fortunate that I was young. I hope you have bounced back by now!
This discussion has been closed.