2019 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    I had a strong end to 2018 and am in the groove for now. Don’t think I can keep up this pace of miles per week though. Starting to feel some of those warning pains.

@alanpeisakoff - take heed of those warnings and don't overdo! I am living proof of what happens when you don't!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I had a strong end to 2018 and am in the groove for now. Don’t think I can keep up this pace of miles per week though. Starting to feel some of those warning pains.

@alanpeisakoff - take heed of those warnings and don't overdo! I am living proof of what happens when you don't!!

Me too! Rest now to avoid regretting later!
  • mwurtzberger
    mwurtzberger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "warning sign pains" - I did not heed them about 2 years ago and ended up with the dreaded PF.
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    91.4 miles for More & Less now! Looks like we'll earn our 100 mile bib very soon. :D
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    And the current rankings are Run Happy in 1st with 111.7, Runderful World in 2nd with 111.6, Team More and less in 3rd at 89.4, Runderful Runners in 4th with 83.6 and Five for nineteen in 5th with 73.2 <3 Great job guys and I can't tell you how motivating this is for me personally.

It does help you stay engaged! Of course, once we leave 85F and fo back to 35F i wont promise to maintain this motivation.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I managed 3.5 miles on the treadmill last night. I should have gone running at the park instead! I run longer outside than I do on the boring treadmill.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sorry Runderful World runners I've not been able to add any more miles yet. The pain in my shoulder and numbness in my right arm has finally been diagnosed as nerve damage. Got painkillers for it today but they haven't kicked in yet. Fingers crossed I'll be clocking miles by the weekend!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    Sorry Runderful World runners I've not been able to add any more miles yet. The pain in my shoulder and numbness in my right arm has finally been diagnosed as nerve damage. Got painkillers for it today but they haven't kicked in yet. Fingers crossed I'll be clocking miles by the weekend!

No worries dear! Heal first, run later.
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    And the current rankings are Run Happy in 1st with 111.7, Runderful World in 2nd with 111.6, Team More and less in 3rd at 89.4, Runderful Runners in 4th with 83.6 and Five for nineteen in 5th with 73.2 <3 Great job guys and I can't tell you how motivating this is for me personally.

It does help you stay engaged! Of course, once we leave 85F and fo back to 35F i wont promise to maintain this motivation.

And this morning's run @Elise4270 started at 32F and dropped to 30F by the end of it. WTH! It was upper 40s-low 50sF yesterday :s
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I got 1 mile in today. It is 24 degrees with a windchill of 9 degrees here in Pittsburgh, PA. I ran a half mile and then a half mile back. Here’s hoping for an early spring!
  • greyparks206
    Options
    Woo hoo! Did 2.5 miles today and pushed Team More & Less over the 100 mile mark! We're hanging in there solidly in third place.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Did 2.5 miles today and pushed Team More & Less over the 100 mile mark! We're hanging in there solidly in third place.

Go @greyparks206 ! Tomorrow is usually my long run day but I am tapering so I am only allowed to run 6. :(
  • greyparks206
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Go @greyparks206 ! Tomorrow is usually my long run day but I am tapering so I am only allowed to run 6. :(

Six miles still sounds long to me! My long run day is Saturday, and my plan calls for 5 miles this week. It will be my longest run EVER. Eek!

• workaholic_nurse
    Options

Six miles still sounds long to me! My long run day is Saturday, and my plan calls for 5 miles this week. It will be my longest run EVER. Eek!

Go girl! Soon enough 5 miles will be a walk in the park...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

And this morning's run @Elise4270 started at 32F and dropped to 30F by the end of it. WTH! It was upper 40s-low 50sF yesterday :s

Yuck. Then I can’t/won’t complain (too much) about walking a mile down 1000 ft and back the *kitten* up on a 25% grade over 0.6 miles in 80F/27C. Gah. Talk about being “butt-hurt”. Beautiful views though in the Wiapio valley, you might know it as the opening scene in Jurassic Park. *roar*
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    We are having perfect running weather here - sunny with lows in the upper 40's low 50's in the morning and not even hitting 70 in the afternoon. I wish I were able to get out there every.single.day for a run! Of course it is supposed to start raining tomorrow night and rain the majority of the next week.... but we do need the rain (and snow in the mountains)!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Crazy week at work. I'll fit my 10 in this weekend and get caught up!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Question, I dont actually log into the RTY tracker much atm cause its linked to strava so is just doing its thing.

I logged in this morning and noticed it hadn't included my run from this morning yet (about 4hrs ago now) How quick does it update? It was only around 2 miles total but it all counts!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    That seems a little slow but I have had some lag. My run yesterday didn’t update for almost an hour. I’m sure it will do its thing.