Like Minded Lushes - Winter 2018

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Happy Winter Solstice! Here's to longer days and the soon to be New Year! May the lushes and their families have all the best health and happiness! :drinker:

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I've made my list and checked it twice...I think I'm in pretty good shape for Christmas Eve.

Red wine tonight (and probably daily until after Christmas :D )
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Stressed out? My son wrote this article especially for caregivers but I really think it applies to everyone. It was featured on the Alzheimer's San Diego website and I'm quite the proud mama. How in the hell did I end up with such a wise young man? <3

https://www.alzsd.org/notes-from-a-dementia-expert-holiday-stress/
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Syd- your son wrote a wonderful article. I can relate as my wife has been balancing visiting her dad, taking part in the facility Christmas program and planning our extended family get together- which happens today!

Thanks for the post and the link! And thanks for starting the thread. <3
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I thought of you and your wife, Gary. Been there. Good luck on your gathering!! Hope you all are able to celebrate and enjoy each other <3
  • ryzeman
    Options
    The gathering went great, we had the FIL over yesterday from the care facility- that went very well. Everything turned out fine. Now to relax and enjoy the rest of the holidays! Cheers! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas lushes!
    Syd- your son is very wise and I liked his article very much :)

I'm definitely glad to slow things down a bit... :#
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks, Ann!

well I'm just about recovered from Xmas but have our NYE celebration to plan. I think we all decided to do the old people's version of New Years Eve and celebrate it on east coast time! Lasting until midnight rarely happens anymore and all the "kids" have other parties to get to...so I'll grill something early, we'll pre-party with everyone and play games. I'm sure I'll be ready to wrap things up around 9 :p

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- we do the East coast celebration as well!

Actually got my three miles walking in despite the misty rain and 45 degree weather. Looking forward to a few drinks and maybe a movie tonight.

Have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    Options
    We do East coast time as well, but that's cause that is our time zone! :D The last two years, we've fallen asleep on the couch and just happened to wake up just before midnight.. ;) We always have filet and lobster tail on New Year's Eve but New Years day is right back to vegetarian eating and much, much healthier choices!! Enjoy and be safe everyone!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy 2019 lushes!

When I cook I seem to make the mistake of not eating enough (tired of looking at my food all day) so I woke up feeling pretty crappy after too much champagne NYE.

I'm happy to have the holidays behind us. I need to get the decorations down today. I'm excited to have my house back in order.

How was everyone else's celebration?
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Well now, happy new year lushes! May 2019 be an enriching year for all of us. I look forward to hearing of your triumphs and being there for your hardships. Cheers to you all! :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-0

I may continue this for a bit. Let's see how it goes.
    I checked my weight from last year at this time and I'm .1 pound lighter :D I guess that's better than gaining but I'd certainly describe that as an official plateau
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Well done Syd!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Tues - 0
    Wed-0
    Thurs - 0

Funny Syd, I checked my stats as well from one year ago New Year's Day - I'm 8 lbs less, which is good however it also means I only lost a total of 8 lbs in one year... :# not so good...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks Gary :*

Ann...I'd love to be 8 pounds lighter!! That's great
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been away forever. Started the year with the flu and am still in a funk. No wine since 2018. Mostly because I have had no desire to drink. Gotta make a change this year and lose the weight. Hope all of you are doing well and have hit the new year off right! Happy New Year!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi Gwenn...good to see you...and welcome back :) Hope you feel better soon and are able to get on track. Keep us posted how it's going.

I'm working at getting back into a good exercise routine. Right now I'm just forcing myself to move more and trying not to pass any judgement on myself about how out of shape I am :/ I'm drinking wine, but seem to have figured out how to moderate. The weight is sloooooowly coming off. Hopefully I can get through the weekend without blowing all my progress.

How's everyone else doing?
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Like many of you, I am stuck in a holding pattern. There are lots of distractions, ie, aging parents, that take my focus off of ME.

Like Syd, I am just trying to get myself up and move around more! Moderate, and be consistent!

Have a great weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Had to put down our oldest cat. :'( It was time and the right thing to do, but my heart is still breaking.
    Wine.
    Maybe I'll break out the vodka
  • ryzeman
    Options
    So sorry Syd! My thoughts will be with you today. <3