Like Minded Lushes - Winter 2018

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes!

I think I'm about to 100%. Keeping with the chiro for the back but everything feels pretty ok. Hoping to pick up the exercise a bit.

27 degrees this am. :|

Was totally dry for about 2 weeks. Had my 1st glass of wine Saturday on a mini staycation the husband and I took for our 32nd anniversary. I think I'm going to try to stay dry during the week. We'll see how that goes.

How's everyone else doing??
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Syd- I didn't think San Diego got that cold! I am glad your back is getting better!

Not dry here, but it would help to get the lbs to come down. The snow is finally melting- we had 22 inches on the ground last Friday.

That's about it. Hope all is well with the gang!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Me either, Gary!! Scraping the ice off my car has become the new norm for me this winter.

Had a couple of dry days this week. No more rain in the forecast for a week so plans are to get out and at least walk. Still treading lightly with the back.

Have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I got buried by the snow. My kids in Vegas had a bunch of snow and the other morning my MIL had snow in Tucson. Gary, I am starting Keto today. need to lose before Maui. and the wedding and all of the other reasons we need to lose. Syd, I get vertigo all the time. just something I have learned to live with.

BTW Hi all, sorry I just haven't gotten my groove back yet. I will try to be here again tomorrow.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to discuss snow :p one of the things I do at work is property management for business tenants. We've had to do so much snow removal this year- good for the bottom line, rough on our guys that work here! Yesterday, Michigan had 24 hours of wind, gusting to 60mph and snow- fun! :#
    Weight is coming off, not drinking and other stress is a great but not recommended way to lose weight!

Syd- glad you're feeling better
    Robin- so good to hear from you!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Robin! I don't envy your vertigo. The only semi-good thing I got out of it was losing weight because I was so nauseous from it.
    Ann, I don't mind stress related weight loss if I know it's temporary. Hang in there! The Caribbean is calling B)
    Hope you're hanging in there with the parents, Gary. How's the Keto going?

All good here. I've maintained my recent weight loss but haven't done much to add to it. I did book another desert getaway in March and a couple of staycations in April and May at the beach. We've had sunny days here but still overnight temps in the low 30s. C'mon Spring!! We're ready!!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Hey all!
    Up here in WA State, Robin and I have gotten over what the local news called "Snowmageddon". During which we lost a large maple tree due to snow weight. However, nothing like Ann is dealing with in Michigan.

The keto is going well. I found that I still need to count calories, if not I tend to eat more than I need. I do feel better and don't miss the pastas or breads. The scale shows it is working.

We have been dealing with health issues of our parents. Wife's mom passed in 2012 and her dad is now in a care facility. My folks are still living independent but I am moving more into a support role, taking them to Dr appts, running errands etc. Times go by so fast. Every time the phone rings and I see its their number, my heart skips a beat.

Up early today at 5:30. Just woke up and and couldnt sleep. I guess old people to those sorts of things.

Have a great day!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Day 3 of keto and I am losing so I am happy. I haven't quite mastered getting enough calories before I go to carb heavy. I am avoiding starch bread and pasta but when cheese has a carb here or there and greens have 3 or 4 they add up really quickly. I am also going alcohol free as long as I am happy about it.
    Snowmageddon was a challenge. the last remnants on the north side of the house are just about melted. I am ready for more normal weather.

Have a wonderful day my dear Lushes.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Gary, " Every time the phone rings and I see its their number, my heart skips a beat"...

boy oh boy do I remember that. You don't realize how much stress that causes. I'm guessing it's probably why you're up at 5:30. It's only recently I've been able to get back to decent sleep patterns. Ever try meditation? It took me forever to get into it but I finally did (with the help of the calm app) I absolutely love it.

Had more wine than I should have last night after a busy day. Trying to coordinate the son's real estate efforts. I'm proud he is able to consider buying, but I remember why I've been in my house for 25 years. The looking, the numbers, the seller's demands, the lender's changing rates and (the biggest uncertainty of all) the housing market in general...are all things I'd rather not deal with. In the meantime my son is like LadeDa about it all. It's only money :D

:drinker: cheers to you who are indulging. and B) peace out to those who aren't
  • rjadams
    Options
    Still plugging along. 3 easy zeros Mon, Tues, Wednesday. weight is coming off so I am happy.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Meditation. I used to do something like that to fall asleep. I would imagine myself on a warm beach the tide gradually covering me from feet to head- all the while consciously relaxing each part. I would then drift the warm currents looking at all the peaceful sea life. After a month of doing that I could fall asleep in 10 minutes. I should get back into that.

Sticking with the keto. I am not having as good results as Robin, but I haven't given up the booze. So far 7 lbs. I do feel better and most important, I feel like I am in control.

Syd- I am glad your son has you to guide him through the house hunting. My dad (a former bank exec) used to say buying a home was the single best investment a person could make!

Have a great weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    That's pretty much how meditation works! I use guided meditation to keep me on track. I'm working on keeping up with it when things are going well and not just turning to it during stress. It's made me a calmer/better person. Oh...it's dropped my blood pressure as well. B)
    Rain all weekend and more this week too. :| Red wine is my friend
    Have a great week lushes!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sticking with Keto. I have my moments where it is hard but then I think "Maui" and I power thru. Rain and snow in the forecast. Oh boy, :grimace:
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF lushes! I only managed Monday thru Friday last week with zeros. This week I have had one glass of wine a night. Hope you are all well.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Well I hope you all had a great weekend. I finally activated 3 smart plugs I bought over a year ago so I feel like I accomplished something. Sticking to Keto. Seeing results.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Way to go Robin! We are sticking to the keto as well, but I am not losing as fast as I would like. Too much snacking after dinner, etc.

Switching back to daylight savings time has helped my mood. Looking forward to spring- its just around the corner!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I see sun and 70s in our forecast...woohoo!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Friday. I hope you celebrate all things Irish this Sunday!!!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Have a great weekend!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Happy Monday! We are in for a stretch of nice Spring weather- right Robin?

Going to start cleaning up the snow storm damage in the yard- lots of fallen branches and one large maple tree down.

Looking forward to earning some guilt free evening drinks... :drinker: