Like Minded Lushes - Spring 2019

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Welcome to the Spring thread!! :flowerforyou:
Looking forward to longer days and warmer sun, and of course...cocktails enjoyed out on the deck! :drinker:

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    ^^what syd said!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Spring. A challenge for me. I love a bottle of white wine. Not a good idea on Keto.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Cute pic, Robin!

Yes, I've switched to white wine too. I need to get my diet back on track. The lbs are sneaking back on
  • rjadams
    Options
    Yeah, I finally got brave enough to actually post a picture where you could see me. thanks Syd. I am doing a 3 day fat fast to kick this keto into gear. Much harder than it sounds.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Great profile pic Robin. Grats on the lbs lost this week!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF Lushes.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Looking forward to a weekend of family! (and friends Jack Daniels, Ms Jameson, etc. :drinker: Have a great weekend!
  • rjadams
    Options
    April Fool's Day!!!!!!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Really feelin this spring weather! Gin and tonics and working outside are the order of the week!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay on track here and it's been a challenge. My son is getting married in August so I need to really kick at least 15 pounds. I've been off an on this week with the wine but dinner out with friends promises a glass or three. Happy Spring to all !
  • rjadams
    Options
    Plugging along. All zero's so far this week.
    Gary it is raining at my place this morning.
    Welcome back Gwen.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Hi Gwen! Looks like your summer will be filled with wedding planning!

Robin- drizzle here, but hope it clears. Nice job on the zeros. I need some of them to jump start the weight loss.
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome backs, all! :) Robin, great job on the zeros. I had 1 zero and hope to have another tomorrow. Two per week is a win for me! ;)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Not a zero last night but I am sure there will be one tonight. Gwen my motivation is also a wedding. My daughter is getting married in November.

Gary this weather is so bizarre. Rain and then sun and then clouds. I can't wait until I can actually enjoy it. Doing some serious retirement planning right now.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin- so glad to hear of your retirement planning. It is amazing how little we need to be happy! As for the weather- yep, typical spring time. I need a couple days of dry weather to do some weed control. Maybe later next week. Great job on the zeros Gwen and Robin. I don't see any in my future.
  • gwenm4
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Robin, congrats! Happy almost weekend everyone. Last night was a zero but tonight I'm going to enjoy one (or two) glasses or red wine. Aiming for 4 zeros next week. I just did a check in on the scale and I've GAINED 7 pounds since last year at this time. It's time to really get serious. Feeling a little discouraged at the moment. I broke my foot last year and that did me in. Ugh.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Welcome back, Gwen!

Robin, we're in some serious retirement planning as well...because the husband's company laid him off (along with many others) At 63 odds are he won't find much in the way of work so we're trying to figure out if we can swing retirement 2 years earlier than planned. I think it may end up being a blessing, but for now there's still a lot of anger at a company who has zero loyalty to a 20 year career employee. B@st@rds!!

Stress levels pretty high here, so I don't see any 0s in my future. But the few lbs that had sneaked up on me are now long gone, so there's that at least.

Rainy and gloomy here still. Spring still can't find its way. Happy weekend lushes! :drinker:
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Oh I hear you about the zero loyalty! My husband is trying to retire this year so we're in the same boat. Glad to hear you're maintaining a balance, even with the zeros. I'm trying to figure out a plan for getting rid of at least 25 pounds now. That alone will drive you to drink. :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Syd I can totally relate. Doug had 31 years when it happened to him. It was not a good Friday and that made the whole weekend pretty bad. I caved and threw my self out of Ketosis. So all day yesterday I struggled to get back in. haven't made it yet. Needless to say I didn't lose anything last week. The 2 pieces of pizza were so totally not worth it. Zero last night. Hoping all week.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- I have expressed how angry I am at companies that treat their employees as disposable commodities. Usually the CEOs also make millions on the backs of the employees. What goes around comes around. I hope.

At least we have each other to lean on. Gwen, good luck on the retirement planning. I retired at 55 and we have never regretted it. Health Insurance is our biggest expense at 2300 per month, but it is what it is.

Robin, we had an off weekend of too many carbs, but will recover and get back to the zone.

Have a great week my friends.