Team WORKOUT WARRIORS - JANUARY 2019 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I am happy to report that I’m back to my stationary bike for 10 - 30 km each evening. With the holidays past I am finally back to work and into my routines so it’s back to oatmeal for breakfast, lots of fruit at work and no late night eating. First step: undo the holiday damage!

Have a great day, warriors!
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Check in!

I’m going well over the last few days. Struggling with no appetite Sun/Mon compared to ravenous on Saturday, so hoping this balances out in the next week or. Been under my calories every day since the 3rd! Woo.

Trying to get my steps up by doing some steps around the house. My pain is pretty high this week but still aiming for 5k.

• TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    rheaj1991 wrote: »
    Bad news is yesterday and today I totally lost track of my calories and water. Good news is the snacks were mostly fruits and veggies. I did have a few sugar free peppermint candies today and a chocolate pastry my friend made but kept the portions small. I saw a small gain this morning which scared me a bit but hopefully can go back down to below weigh in day weight by the end of the week. Need to be more vigilant.

I'm worried about next week. I have to travel to the field again for a week which means I have no idea what I will be eating. I'm trying to bring along some healthy snacks. Anyone have ideas on what I can pack in a suitcase that's low in sugar, salt and fat?

Homemade granola, unsalted nuts, trail mix?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    murrell007 wrote: »
    Murrell007
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 154
    Todays Weight: 153.7
    I hit my 10,000 steps the past 6 days including today. My water consumption is up. I am on the right path. I had a bad yesterday or my hard work the rest of the week would have paid off.

@murrell007
    POSTED
    NICE LOSS

• iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Good Morning
    I went to the gym this morning and it is busy with all the new yrs resolutions. I have read that it will die off in about 6 weeks or so. It was so busy, all 4 showers were full... so I went to the closest treadmill for 4 minutes waiting on someone to leave LOL
    I took the munchkin to school (he was excited for the gym today for bagel Tuesday LOL)... I just had breakfast and now I am working. I am already over 5k in steps today.

awesome day already!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 1 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Trimstones - 0.38%
    2nd - Weight No More - 0.15%
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 0.10%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Trimstones - 29.0
    2nd - Weight No More - 10.4
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 7.6

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @trinalong79 - 3.33%
    2nd - @clmumaw74 - 2.81%
    3rd - @pjmfitforme - 2.63%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @trinalong79 - 6
    2nd - @clmumaw74 - 5.1
    3rd - @SaraMakingChanges, @deconstructeddancer, AND @zogini1234 - 5.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@czvanut @carlsoda @boehle
    @melichalupa @MzManiak
    @SaraMakingChanges @cyndiesstuff

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Trimstones - 701,901
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 680,322
    3rd - Weight No More - 636,232
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mi7tlk25lsvo.jpg

YAY!!! We made it past January week 1! You have all done an amaying job this week no matter what your results were. The important thing is we are HERE and doing our best to better ourselves each day. I am so proud to see that we are all still walking hand in hand giving each other all the support and encouragement we need. KEEP GOING EVERYONE!

maq0o.gif

1lul56h4bxew.jpg

Please don't forget we have a STEPS CHALLENGE going on for the whole month of January. Those of you who signed up to be one of your teams 12 steppers, remember you MUST post your steps daily in the Steps Challenge announcement. Simply click on the link below to do so. We will be needing all your numbers in order to give results each week so get those to us as soon as you can.

There are some teams that still have spots open so if you are interested please reach out to your team captains!

HAPPY STEPPING!!

January 2019 Step Challenge

giphy.gif

dmbzp4nkry30.jpg

This weeks TEAM CHALLENGE is brought to you by TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES!!

Some of us may have let some of our good habits and structure slide over the holidays. To help each other get back to the good habits and routine we had before the holidays we wanted to encourage some sharing of ideas, suggestions and tips about a variety of topics. By sharing your ideas it will help someone else and might also help you get back on or keep on track.

Head on over to the challenge page and start sharing those ideas!!

WEEK 2 GROUP CHALLENGE
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Morning Check in

I stepped on the scales this am for a peak and WTF!!!!!!!! I am up 3 lbs from Saturday (weigh day) and 2 from yesterday!! My calories were under 1300 yesterday and every bite logged.

I have been drinking more than my fair share of Sprite Zero. Maybe I was dehydrated before? Maybe this is TOM -hysterectomy, so I have no idea when it is supposed to be unless my family tells me that I'm being a real b!+c#. Also, I did eat crappy and heavier Sunday, but why wouldn't that have shown up yesterday.

Ok, vent over -- just a little perplexed here.

I have pre-logged my day. I am currently at 809 calories. I know this will increase as the day goes along, but it is a good outline and plan to work from.

What do we do when we see these hiccups? WE TRUST THE PLAN, STAY ON POINT, DRINK OUR WATER and DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

Have a great day, Warriors!!!!!!!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    So far I have everything logged for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    I am at 1248 cals.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM
    MAN OH MAN HAVE I JUST LET YOU GUYS DOWN....WHILE MANAGING MY PERSONAL LIFE WITH MOM AND SKIP I HAVE DROPPED THE BALL HERE. FOR THAT TEAM I AM TRULY SORRY....
    OKAY MOVING ON FROM THAT THEN.

WEIGH INS STILL NEEDED ARE
    @PATTI705...SUN
    @xrsize4dad ...MON
    @BecklynH ...LAST TUES & TODAY

WE AS A TEAM ARE ALREADY AHEAD OF WHERE WE WERE LAST WEEK AT THE SAME TIME...
    WTG WARRIORS THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKIN ABOUT!!!

I HAVE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL OF MY FOOD AND EXERCISE LOGS AND HOPEFULLY WILL NOT LET THAT GET IN THE REAR AGAIN.

SNOW FINALLY HIT HERE AT OUR LEVEL ON THE MOUNTAIN SO OLD MAN WINTER IS UPON US NOW.

KNOW THIS FROM LAST SATURDAY THRU YESTERDAY I HAVE BEEN ON POINT FOR
    EXERCISING, WATER,CALORIES UNDER STEPS HAVE BEEN SO-SO AND I AM GOING TO WORK ON THAT STARTING TODAY.
    MY ATTITUDE STINKS RIGHT NOW, BUT I SAW THAT COMING AND I AM GETTING PROFESSIONAL HELP TO WORK THROUGH IT ALONG WITH MEDS TO HELP ME ALSO.

MID-WEEK WEIGH IN TOMORROW SO MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED FOR A GOOD RESULT. I WANT TO START TEAM CHALLENGES AGAIN SO i WILL CHAT WITH @Beka3695 AND SEE WHAT WE CAN COME UP WITH.

WELL THAT'S IT FROM THIS CORNER OF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST...STAY WARM STAY DRY AND STAY HYDRATED
    GREG
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WEEKLY FITBIT STATS
    ef1d63edmvd7.png
    hjx6wko1cnlo.png
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    rheaj1991 wrote: »
    Bad news is yesterday and today I totally lost track of my calories and water. Good news is the snacks were mostly fruits and veggies. I did have a few sugar free peppermint candies today and a chocolate pastry my friend made but kept the portions small. I saw a small gain this morning which scared me a bit but hopefully can go back down to below weigh in day weight by the end of the week. Need to be more vigilant.

I'm worried about next week. I have to travel to the field again for a week which means I have no idea what I will be eating. I'm trying to bring along some healthy snacks. Anyone have ideas on what I can pack in a suitcase that's low in sugar, salt and fat?

I'll be honest, because I have food allergies and celiac, I always find a grocery store and buy fresh fruit and high protein Boost when I get there.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Midday check in. Why did I come to work today? Oh, yeah, because I was well enough physically. Nothing could have prepped me for the mental challenge. There is a tizzy amongst my coworkers because the VP has called a department meeting with us. If she would tell us what she wants so I don't have to listen to rumors it would be great.
    Anyway, doing well on calories and way better on steps and it's time to just keep moving forward.
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin - I'd be happy to step up to the step challenge, unless anyone else is keen? I can log my steps from the start of the month if that helps? Where / how do I sign up?
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Tuesday Morning Check in

I stepped on the scales this am for a peak and WTF!!!!!!!! I am up 3 lbs from Saturday (weigh day) and 2 from yesterday!! My calories were under 1300 yesterday and every bite logged.

I have been drinking more than my fair share of Sprite Zero. Maybe I was dehydrated before? Maybe this is TOM -hysterectomy, so I have no idea when it is supposed to be unless my family tells me that I'm being a real b!+c#. Also, I did eat crappy and heavier Sunday, but why wouldn't that have shown up yesterday.

I have pre-logged my day. I am currently at 809 calories. I know this will increase as the day goes along, but it is a good outline and plan to work from.

What do we do when we see these hiccups? WE TRUST THE PLAN, STAY ON POINT, DRINK OUR WATER and DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

In my experience (and many others I have communicated with in this community) have noticed that when we eat bad or not as healthy as we would like it can take up to two days to show on the scale. For example, i ate terribly on Saturday but lost weight on Sunday but gained on Monday, regardless of the crazy exercise day I had on Sunday.
  • abowersgirl
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I worked hard for this!!
    xwhbrsvxui0c.jpg

I took the screen shot at 1 am so that's why the below stats seem off for a day
  • abowersgirl
    Options

molxfkzpzqw1.png

31st : done (that was easy 😛😛 lol)
    1st: done: ran for 1.5 and walked the rest
    2nd done: ran 3 walked the rest
    3rd done: all walking
    4th done: chances are I will be working out since although I did walk yesterday, i took it as a regular routine rest day...i can't see myself not walking regardless.
    5th done: 1.5 run, rest walking
    6th done: 1.5 run and walked the rest
    7th done

• Beka3695
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    @mari_moulin - I'd be happy to step up to the step challenge, unless anyone else is keen? I can log my steps from the start of the month if that helps? Where / how do I sign up?

You can have my spot. I am very inconsistent and only counting so we can have a full team
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Tuesday Morning Check in

In my experience (and many others I have communicated with in this community) have noticed that when we eat bad or not as healthy as we would like it can take up to two days to show on the scale. For example, i ate terribly on Saturday but lost weight on Sunday but gained on Monday, regardless of the crazy exercise day I had on Sunday.

I am sure that is it. I guess I have some catching up to do.
This discussion has been closed.