Options
    Omg!!! Yay!! @showkitten is back!!!!!

#daymade
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Thursday check in

I am still struggling with back issues. Yes, I have made an appointment with my doc.

I did pretty well yesterday until 8 pm then the snack bug bit me. I was under calories until then. I am identifying the trigger and will do my best to avoid this tonight.

My fitness has been non existent. This will pick up as soon as my back will allow.

HANG IN THERE BECKY I AM PULLIN FOR YA
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Beka3695 Hang in there my friend. Pain is a big trigger for me as well... have some healthier snack options available for those trigger times. Floss and brush your teeth after you have dinner, gargle a little mouth wash. That has saved me many times from the night time snacking. You got this!! <3

Edited* to add drink 16oz of water after you brush as well.... this will give your belly a fuller feeling and while its not a snack it will create the illusion of being full and hopefully keep you from snacking. B)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    New Years I woke up and weighed 174.8
    Today I woke up to 169.6
    I have been working on cutting my carbs and haven't been LNS or having any sugary snacks.
    I am about to have some breakfast that is already logged for the day.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in

I am still struggling with back issues. Yes, I have made an appointment with my doc.

I did pretty well yesterday until 8 pm then the snack bug bit me. I was under calories until then. I am identifying the trigger and will do my best to avoid this tonight.

My fitness has been non existent. This will pick up as soon as my back will allow.

Oh no Beck

I have back issues too and I know first hand how my back feels when it acts up. I've had three compression fractures in the Thoracic Spine over the years and sometimes it is hard even to sit through a dinner. Do what you must to control the pain and don't give in to the unhealthy eating, remember, it's just going to make you feel like *kitten* afterward and you already don't feel well. Opt for some healthy snacks and take it easy.... I want you to share with us everything you snack on - we are holding you accountable through this... Post before you indulge, let us step on that snack bug.

• Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello group have a great day!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time not napping today LOL
    That is the tough part about working from home... so I am drinking coffee.
    One thing I really need to work on this yr and getting to bed at a decent time. I think I stayed up until 2am last night/today and didn't get up until 9... when I should have been logged in working at 7am.
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Name: RunRaineyRun
    Week: Jan wk 1
    Day: Thursday
    PW: 248
    CW: 248

I’m okay with a maintain this week, I still wasn’t eating the best but my bloating has gone down so that’s something :D I’ve been a bit under the weather lately - tiredness, slightly dizzy... like being drunk but without the alcohol - so my gym sessions haven’t fully begun yet. I’m hoping to put that behind me in the next few days and get an early start at it on Sunday morning (oddly my fave time to go) and hopefully the New Years Resolutioners don’t have the same idea!

Thank you for the kind words last week @abowersgirl, I really appreciate it! 😘

And YAY @showkitten it’s been a while! Nice to see you back, hope you’re doing okay.

@beka3695 sorry your back is feeling grumbly! Sending you good vibes x
  • murrell007
    murrell007 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm back to work and my daily check in is scheduled for 3. I did get my 10,000 steps yesterday. I am working on getting those today
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    MIDDAY CHECK IN
    CALORIES SO FAR TODAY ARE 569 GOT ANOTHER 1000 TO GO AND 3 MEALS LEFT TO DO IT IN.
    WATER 48 OZ IN ME AND MORE TO GO
    STEPS 11880 SO FAR WITH THE REST OF THE DAY TO GO
    HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    Omg!!! Yay!! @showkitten is back!!!!!

#daymade

I am back!!! Although I do wish I wasn't and was instead in a bikini somewhere ;)

Hello all! I am Steph, I'm 29 and I live in Scotland. I got all the way down to 195 in 2017 for my wedding then a mix of honeymoon, illness and too much eating and I'm way back up to 240, just 5lbs from my highest. You know it's bad news when your elasticated leggings are too tight...

My 2019 goals are to get back into onederland. I have my 30th in March and family weddings in both May and June. I'd like to be feeling more confident for these events. My main wish is to feel fit and healthy by the end of the year so I can think about adding to our lil family.

I'm back on keto today as I've found it the easiest way for me personally to control my binge eating. I do it alongside calorie counting, though as that's the most important.

I can't do much exercise due to my chronic pain but I'd like to up my steps. I've challenged myself to walk 1000 miles in 2019. Last year I only did 609 (yikes).

Glad to be back in the group and look forward getting my motivation on :)

Welcome back even though I wasn't here when you were before.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    So, yeah, I was supposed to check in, but it's been a day in my hospital world. There was a fire and explosion at Holston Army Ammunition Plant which triggers all sorts of panic in Healthcare, but thankfully we ended up with one patient for observation. Then we had to disclose that we have three employees who have hepatitis A. There have been 15 cases in our area in the last year and we are confident that our employees caught it treating them, but still scary stuff. I don't work at the same facility as the sick employees so right now, I don't have to get a Hep A vaccine, but I am going to discuss it with my doc since I have a compromised immune system.

ETA: my health system has 21 hospitals. The sick employees are at the smaller facility in my town.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello @ShowKitten, I’m a Steph, too! Welcome back!

Still on track for the most part this week, logged every day, and drank at least 5-6 cups of water each day. I did end up having chocolate last night but was within calorie goal.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Drank a ton of water and tea at work today. The key is brining a big jug to work of water. Since no sink or drinking fountain near my classroom.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Done for the day
    Step goal ✔
    Within calories ✔
    Min 30 minutes workout ✔
    Ab challenge complete ✔

3cd2y8gvv7w7.png
  • rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    First day back to the gym for the year. I had a back to back cardio kickboxing class and martial arts class. Strangely I feel more energized now and not half dead like I usually do. Not great when I have to wake up early tomorrow. Hopefully I crash once I stop moving. Anyway my water goal was blown out of the water today. 160oz down so far. Step goal has also been obliterated. I'm under calories but had a lot of sodium today. Hopefully the extra water will help flush it out. Have to go home and prep for tomorrow's lunch.
This discussion has been closed.