Team WORKOUT WARRIORS - JANUARY 2019 Team Chat

Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    @Beka3695 Hang in there my friend. Pain is a big trigger for me as well... have some healthier snack options available for those trigger times. Floss and brush your teeth after you have dinner, gargle a little mouth wash. That has saved me many times from the night time snacking. You got this!! <3

Edited* to add drink 16oz of water after you brush as well.... this will give your belly a fuller feeling and while its not a snack it will create the illusion of being full and hopefully keep you from snacking. B)

I'm going to have to remember to try this!!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    steplaj wrote: »
    quiarga wrote: »
    @steplaj That dog is adorable!! He's grown a lot already! And I'm sitting here drinking hot tea getting my extra water in. I need it today, because after a loss on the scale this morning I blew my carbs and calories out of the water with fast food for lunch. I'm kind of glad it's the last day of winter break for us and we are back to regularly scheduled programming in the morning!!

Casey, I was thinking about you when I created the YETI MEME...

Yes, Pepper is getting big, she is about 45 or so pounds now and is so full of energy. She has learned commands sit, down, here, Nani (bed) for crate, and is staying pretty solid for a good 30+ seconds before getting inpatient. She is now riding in the truck with me quite a bit.

Don't worry about those carbs, just work em' off and get back on track. Remember, push that water... Happy New Year - 2019 is going to be our year!

AWE!!! And I'm definitely back on track! Finishing off the leftover corned beef and cabbage from New Year's for lunch today. It got pretty chilly again here so I've been keeping a cup of hot tea nearby at all times. It's good to drink and to just hold on to! =)
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Loving all these daily check ins! Definitely going to help keep my motivated pants on.

I’m feeling full of the first days of diet happiness, I’m going to work on keeping this willpower strong - especially as I have a mini holiday to Leeds next week to see Maximo Park. Went out for breakfast this morning and I stuck to an Americano and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Husband got lumped with the toast. Just finished a lovely stir fry for tea, so will end my second day under my calorie goal woo.

Managed to get up to 5k steps today from my walk around town so happy with that. My legs are killing me tonight though (bloody fibro) so it’s hot water bottles, pain killers and Reddit browsing for me.

We bought a fancy food processor today so I’m going to look up some recipes on Pinterest as well, and maybe start a new crochet project. Making the most of the festive holidays before work on Monday!

• murrell007
    murrell007 Posts: 65 Member
    I am checking in. 3:00 is my rough time and on Friday I'd rather reach for candy cuz hey it's Friday. Anyway, I got my 10,000 steps in yesterday and my water intake was good yesterday. I walked today to get some early steps. I need to get some more water in today. I'm probably at about 4 cups...
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    I have been on my bum a decent amount of the day actually doing some work.
    I had breakfast but that is all I have had thus far today. I am going to make some burgers and cauliflower rice shortly.
    All 5 of my sons fish died within 24 hours. He is pretty bummed but we have cleaned the tank they were in and re-setup.... as well as setting up his other tank
  • ShowKitten
    Midday update. Did you know that if you have asthma and already have bronchitis and the munitions plant has an explosion, then you cannot breathe the next day? Seriously, I can make it from the bed to the bathroom without needing my inhaler, but anything else is not happening. There was some nasty crap in that smoke. Nasty crap.

Gosh that sounds horrific. Hope it improves soon.

boehle wrote: »
    I had breakfast but that is all I have had thus far today. I am going to make some burgers and cauliflower rice shortly.
    All 5 of my sons fish died within 24 hours. He is pretty bummed but we have cleaned the tank they were in and re-setup.... as well as setting up his other tank

Sorry about the fish, that’s rubbish :(
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member

Sorry about the fish. That's kinda weird and sad for him.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    @TattooedDolphinGirl78
    A SPOT JUST OPEN UPPED ON THE STEP TEAM
    I NEED YOUR STEP COUNT FROM 12/30 TO PRESENT
    PLEASE POST HERE ON THIS THREAD
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714714/january-2019-step-challenge#latest
    THANKS GREG

Thank Greg but I've been having trouble with my Fitbit lately so I'll delay my participation until next month if that's ok.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Username: TattooedDolphinGirl78
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 204.8
    Todays Weight: 208.8

Going to be back on track for next week's weigh-in as this is unacceptable to me. I'm pretty sure it's water weight as I haven't been drinking enough of the H2O lately.
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    holmesp603 wrote: »
    My name's Petrie aka Holmesp603 my health continues to give me hell and I'm trying to fight back.. So I can't do much activity right now but I can get the eating together...
    My goals for January are to lose 5 pounds and NOT give in to the negativity and depression thats trying to keep me down. And to move as much as possible! Next year this time, my plans to go to maintain mode! Haha

I hear ya girl. Same here. Up 30 lbs just in like 7 months this past year. But trying to get back on track. We got this ☺️
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Made this a rest day... i am running a fever and still battling this stupid respiratory infection 🙄
    Stayed in calories
    #RestDay

nfl4bs3dcnzt.png
  • rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Fridays are usually my cheat day. I stuck to my meal plan for breakfast and kunch but went out with the girls for happy hour. Stuck to one sangria and had mac and cheese. Not exactly the best food choice but I was hungry and nothing else on the menu was any better. I am about 200 calories above my goal today but I have been so far in the green the past couple days I am not worried at all. Steps were atrocious today. Was feeling lazy all morning then got stuck in a long meeting at work. Only managed 4625 today. Water goal was again blown out of the water abiut 130 oz down today.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Username: LonniJay
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 243.4
    Today's Weight: 247.4
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Hey all!

I got in decent steps today (12,999). Eating fell off again. I am so ready to get back to routine and away from the things I stupidly stuff in my face. Made cupcakes with puffin heads on them for my daughter’s 8th birthday party tomorrow. Of course there were some leftover candies and icing calling my name. Supper was also not a win. I picked up sushi from Walmart after gymnastics class. Would you believe it was the freshest and possibly best sushi I’ve ever had?! I ate far more than I should have.

Tomorrow I will track calories all day. Not just the first few hours when everything is under control.

Goodnight!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member

Hopefully the clerks at the aquarium store can help you get some answers on the fish, maybe something your tap water has too much or too little of. That’s so disappointing and sad.
  • ShowKitten
    Username: maithileesj
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 136.9
    Todays Weight: 135.8

This weigh-in is momentous for me - I turn 40 yo tomorrow! And I can't believe I'm so excited to be reaching this milestone, considering how sad I was when getting out of my 20s, ten years ago. I'm in far better shape now than I have been in the past ten years, most of that transformation occurring in the past year and a half.

I'm a stickler for metrics, so I actually did some number crunching based on the extensive records I've been keeping since 2008.

Loss since Jun 2017 (when I was at my heaviest and most unfit, and when I joined MFP):
    Weight - 10 kgs/ 22 lb
    Inches - 35

Loss since Jan 2018 (my last birthday)
    Weight - 5.9 kgs/ 13 lb
    Inches - 18

Loss since Jan 2009 (my 30th birthday, ten years ago!)
    Weight - 3.4 kgs/ 7.5 lb
    Inches (this is the kicker!) - 21

I'm still about 5 kgs (11 lb) and 15 inches away from my goal but I'm in a highly self-congratulatory mood to have arrived in the 40s slimmer, stronger and fitter than I did when reaching my 30s.

Today's my first day of 5-2 IF (first full-fasting day). Let's hope I can stick with it this time.

Happy new year, y'all!

Happy birthday!! And those are awesome stats. You’ve done amazing <3

This discussion has been closed.