TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited December 2018 in Social Groups
Welcome TEAM WAISTAWAYS CHALLENGERS

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the JANUARY Challenge - We have five (5) teams returning this month!

Our group and team leaders for the JANUARY Challenge are as follows;

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)

Our Team Captains;
[*] Team Workout Wonders - @beka3695 and @Navydaddjtc
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
[*] Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
[*] Team WaistAways - @orngnerdz and @Running2Fit
[*] Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8

Our Motivators
[*] Team Workout Warriors - @boehle and @Goinhard64
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @UTMom81and @tess5036
[*] Team WaistAways - gabi_texanmom (Motivator)and OPEN SLOT
[*] Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
[*] Team Trimstones - OPEN SLOT and OPEN SLOT

Captain responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team WORKOUT WARRIORS
Week 2 - Team SLIM POSSIBLES
Week 3 - Team TRIMSTONES
Week 4 - Team WEIGHT NO MORE
WEEK 5 - Team WAISTAWAYS
(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 3 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for JANUARY. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Lets make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!
THANKS YOUR MODS

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2018
    Options
  • asheetagupte7272
    asheetagupte7272 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Asheeta here. I'm a SAHM to a 6 year old. We moved from Texas to Singapore a couple of years back & let's just say I didn't do my waistline any favors by trying absolutely every food out here!! I'd like to lose 18-20 pounds total and 10 pounds in this challenge.
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Lauren and I am a wife, teacher, and dog mom to 3 mutts. I am 10 months away from turning 30. I have been on MFP for a few years and had great success with weight loss before my wedding ~5 years ago. Since moving to SC 4 years ago I have put back on all the weight I lost the first time plus more. I have never been more uncomfortable in my own skin and I want to make longterm changes. Overall I'd like to lose 65-75lbs but I'm shooting for 5-10lbs this month!

I am not following any particular diet, but I am trying to cut out soda and cut back on white bread, pasta, & sugar. I am excited to get started with Y'all!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new members! Looking forward to getting to know you, starting a new month, and starting a NEW YEAR! Wishing everyone the best as we start this new chapter.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE STEP PAGE IS NOW UP AND RUNNING HERE'S THE LINK YOU CAN SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714714/january-2019-step-challenge#latest
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Greg aka @Navydaddjtc here one of your team Captains and moderators along with Becky aka @Beka3695. This year 2018.... as it comes to an end has stunk for me personally. My younger brother died in October and mom and my older brother are not doing so good either. So 2019 is not starting off that good.
    I am a retired/disabled Navy spec ops vet handling War dogs in Vietnam. I worked as an Executive Chef at sea on board ocean gong tug boats for 13 years I was medically retired from there after a tug boat/ barge accident. I just recently retired from the Boys&Girls Club after 20 years as a Chef Instructor. That job was very satisfying for me.

I have been on the Workout wonders and the Workout Warriors for sometime now and
    THE FAT 2 FIT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE is my home for weight loss. I truly treasure the friendships I have made here and have enjoyed the GOOD,BAD AND THE UGLY TIMES we all have shared from time to time.

MY GOALS WILL FOR 2019 WILL NOT BE LOFTY....THEY WILL BE SIMPLISTIC ( ONE OF MY GOALS IS TO MATCH @boehle AND @Beka3695 STEP FOR STEP IN THEIR TRAINING FOR ROAD RACES THEY WILL RUN IT I WILL WALK IT SO BRING IT LADIES) .....THEY WILL BE ATTAINABLE FOR ME.....I WILL NOT SURRENDER TO THIS WEIGHT PROBLEM. I WILL FIGHT IT WITH EVERYTHING I CAN...MY MEDICAL TEAM...MY NUTRITIONIST....MY FAMILY.....AND MY TEAM OF WARRIORS
    I WILL DRAW MY INSPIRATION FROM MY TEAM MATES...... I WILL PUSH MY SELF WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THIS BODY AND IT'S PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS..... I WILL NOT SURRENDER....I WILL NOT QUIT ON YOU MY TEAM MATES...
    IT IS
    jrmbntgu7sjx.png

IN 2019 I WILL NOT LET YOU SIT BACK ON YOUR LAURELS AND QUIT....I WILL PUSH AND CHALLENGE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU...IF YOUR RUNNER AND IN TRAINING FOR A 3.5.10.15.25. K OR WHATEVER I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE YOU FOR THAT EXTRA MILE.....IF YOUR INTO WEIGHT LIFTING I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE YOU FOR ANOTHER SET OR INCREASE YOUR REPS.....IF YOUR A CARDIO/STEPPING FANATIC LIKE ME I AM GOING TO PUSH AND CHALLENGE US TO ANOTHER 5,000 STEPS OR INCREASE YOUR HEART BEAT......
    YOU DON'T GET TO QUIT ON ME AND THE TEAM IN 2019
    YOU HAD BEST
    m6appy9jptoz.png
    WHAT'S IN YOUR PLAN FOR 2019 .....
    l2ta8wir8rec.png

• ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    I WAS JUST NOTIFIED MINUTES BY MY MOM THAT MY OLDER HAS TAKEN A HUGE TURN FOR THE WORST. THE SPREAD SHEET TALLIES MAY NOT GET DONE TILL MID WEEK. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY BROTHER AND FAMILY WILL COME FIRST. I WILL GET TO THEM ASAP.
    GREG

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I WAS JUST NOTIFIED MINUTES BY MY MOM THAT MY OLDER HAS TAKEN A HUGE TURN FOR THE WORST. THE SPREAD SHEET TALLIES MAY NOT GET DONE TILL MID WEEK. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY BROTHER AND FAMILY WILL COME FIRST. I WILL GET TO THEM ASAP.
    GREG

Praying for you and your family, Greg.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    GREG
    Of course they come first! That is as it should be.

We will be here when you are able to come back.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hello my name is Andrea. I am new to this challenge although I’ve been involved with a few on MFP for the last couple of years. I am looking forward to being with all of you. My goal for this year is to lose about 25 pounds. At 60 years old, I find it hard to lose very quickly. I try to get a fair amount of walking or stationary biking in and even do high-intensity interval training a couple of times a week.

To accomplish my goal I will have to alter my eating a bit more than I was ready to do last year. So thanks in advance for any encouragement you give me!

Best wishes for a terrific 2019 for all of you.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Jan110144
    Weigh In Day - Monday
    PW - 140.9
    CW- 139

Yesterday's weight was better (138.2) Still, I am amazed! Under 140... WOW. Truly did not expect it this week, although the previous weeks were very minimal losses. I am very pleased and will work hard this week ro try to stay here (or a bit liwer :smile: ) for next Monday's weigh-in.
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    GREG

Greg - I'm hoping and praying for good news for your family. Take care.
  • gabi_texanmom
    Options
    Username: gabi_texanmom
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Mondays
    Previous weight: 226.1
    Monday's weight: 225.8

Yay - finally going in the right direction
  • gabi_texanmom
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Jan110144
    Weigh In Day - Monday
    PW - 140.9
    CW- 139

Yesterday's weight was better (138.2) Still, I am amazed! Under 140... WOW. Truly did not expect it this week, although the previous weeks were very minimal losses. I am very pleased and will work hard this week ro try to stay here (or a bit liwer :smile: ) for next Monday's weigh-in.

Way to go!!! You did awesome!! You are in the elusive under-140-club! I haven't seen those numbers since high school ....
  • gabi_texanmom
    Options
    r27dlzqqju01.jpg
This discussion has been closed.