TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I will not be a fantastic stepper due to back issues, but should I put my data in anyway in case it is helpfu?? I get between 5000-12000 depending on how I am feeling and what other forms of exercise I do.

Did get another HIT class in today for 430 ish calories.. every bit helps!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I will not be a fantastic stepper due to back issues, but should I put my data in anyway in case it is helpful? I get between 5000-12000 depending on how I am feeling and what other forms of exercise I do.

Did get another HIT class in today for 430 ish calories.. every bit helps!

Since you are already on our team list, GO for IT!
  • cccallahan
    cccallahan Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    cccallahan wrote: »
    Username: cccallahan
    Weigh in week: January week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 291 lbs.
    Todays Weight: 286.6 lbs

Woo hoo!! Great job during a really challenging week of the year.

Thanks, Jan! Was probably carrying some water weight.

I’m also completely off of Prednisone now. Was weaning down my dosage in December. Those steroids really pack on the pounds fast.

Since my autoimmune arthritis is currently untreated, I woke up this morning with a softball-sized knee. I did get up, do some stretches, went to the grocery store, and put a nice healthy dinner on to simmer in the crock pot. Now I’m elevated, wrapped, and icing.

Breakfast and lunch were Huel. So far I’ve tracked everything and am on-par to stay within my calorie goals.

Hoping the gym is open tomorrow. We got a lot of new equipment, and I’m ready to get the water out of this knee!

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Checking in on you, Greg. How are you doing?

WE ARE GOOD, IT'S A DAY BY DAY THING NOW SKIP WAS A MARINE AND HE WILL FIGHT THIS AS LONG AS HE CAN, BUT THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL. THANK YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT US
    GREG

Skip would probably say, "Once a Marine, always a Marine." 😀 I honor his service and sacrifice.☺
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Good start to the New Year! 20 minutes on the rowing machine and an hour doing weights this morning. Out to the barn for a 50 minute session on my horse, Annie. Spent the rest of the day catching up with friends across the country. Calories under daily allotment :-)
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Not sure what format is required for this group's thread, so I'll just use what I use on another thread...

Username: evangsimmons170
    Week: January Week 1 Monday
    PW = 347.2 (Dec 29)
    CW = 347.4 (Dec 31)

January's goal weight is 337.

I posted my weight yesterday, but here it is again. Sorry you missed it, @jugar.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    THIS IS THE CURRENT LIST I GOT FOR THE JANUARY STEP CHALLENGE
    IF YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS IS A DAILY OR BI DAILY REPORT SO WE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE LOGGING OF IT.

@AmyHammons1
    @BMcC9
    @Karenesg
    @hope002
    @Offitgoes
    @sue_01
    @vicky2767
    @orngnerdz
    @bear479
    @gabi_texanmom
    @andreabroadley

Please take me off the list. Thank you!!
  • jan110144
    Options

I’m also completely off of Prednisone now. Was weaning down my dosage in December. Those steroids really pack on the pounds

Glad you are able to be off the prednisone. Hope you can find a better way to manage the arthritis.

I am very fortunate that my arthritis issues are all osteoarthritis. Losing the weight and exercise has allowed me to get off all meds.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @jan110144 ...I also have osteoarthritis. Staying active and exercising definitely helps. I read where you said you lost weight and are now off of all meds. Congrats!!! I plan on being able to say the same thing by year's end. How much weight did you lose? How long did it take you?
  • BMcC9
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I am just gonna put this out here.

As a personal growth thing, I would like to offer a "pen-pal" 5 week mentorship opportunity to anyone who is either:
    • new to MFP and would like to receive some specific pointers on how to log / what macro numbers MEAN / how to search the message boards etc. or
    • would like direct accountability check-in on some personal specific S.M.A.R.T. 5 wk target goal. Some marker you WANT to reach by (Chinese) New Year's on Feb 5. The goal doesn't HAVE to be either calorie in or exercise target related. It can be any kind of quantifiable goal.

This would be in addition to all the wonderful group support and interaction that this team provides. NOTHING can replace that.

You would also get to bug me BACK about meeting my own S.M.A.R.T personal goal statement (not yet composed)

PM me if you are interested.

This won't be a "Friend Notice on your board" thing, both because I am just not good at that kind of tag-phrase cheer leading (generational thing most likely) and because I want to be able to offer MORE than that. And receive more than that, too.

I am also trying to get a profile glitch solved that prevents me from opening and accepting Friend Requests.
  • jan110144
    Options
    @jan110144 ...I also have osteoarthritis. Staying active and exercising definitely helps. I read where you said you lost weight and are now off of all meds. Congrats!!! I plan on being able to say the same thing by year's end. How much weight did you lose? How long did it take you?

Not counting the 20.pounds l lost and regained several times while I figured out what worked for me, I have list just shy of 50 pounds since the end of July (nearly 70 since last January).
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    I posted yesterday.

tdrjustus3 Member
    December 31, 2018 8:16PM
    Tdrjustus3
    SW: 286.2
    CW: 286.4
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Had a great day today. really busy but notwithstanding that..

Logged and was under my goal
    Said no to snacking and ate healthy meals.
    Drank a good amount of water.
    Went to an HIT class and burned 430ish calories
    Went for a nice winter walk.. about 2 miles..
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Daily check in for: Tuesday
    Logged: Yes
    Within calorie targets: Yes
    Water: 72 oz (complete goal)
    Exercise & Steps: 6737 + 6080 steps by jogging on my mini-trampoline while playing my Wii exergame. Steps logged on January Step Challenge Thread.

I was restless today, and ended up doing 2 full sessions - my steps won't usually be as high as this, especially when I head back to the office on Jan 7. B)

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday January 1

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: I am on vacation this week. Hard to get motivated.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    @jugar
    I posted yesterday.

tdrjustus3 Member
    December 31, 2018 8:16PM
    Tdrjustus3
    SW: 286.2
    CW: 286.4

Gotcha! Thanks and you know it is going to get rolling soon! Earn your showers, make small changes <3
  • jugar
    Options
    Today felt really good. On Sunday, I "ran away from home" after a tiff with my taller half. I needed to cool off and figure some stuff out. I went to visit my sister, and she was amazing - we talked through everything, she gave me a massage (she's a massotherapist - best sister ever!), and she really helped me see how to step back in where I was not sure what to do next.

Well, whatever those discussions and massage did, it is feeling a whole lot better today! I got home last night, had a good sleep, and today my husband and I have had some great conversations and gently explored how we can adapt to all the changes that have happened in the last while. And since those things were feeling more hopeful, it also felt great to dive back into this wonderful group. Eating is back on track, and I made sure to really earn my shower today. 2019, here we go!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

Not counting the 20.pounds l lost and regained several times while I figured out what worked for me, I have list just shy of 50 pounds since the end of July (nearly 70 since last January).

Wow that's so awesome!!!!! And so encouraging. I'm down 13 lbs since October 23.
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Holidays are over, folks. Let's earn our showers and eat with our minds fully engaged - and check in! It's always great to hear from ALL the team members.

Weigh-ins due today:

@AmyHammons1
    @karenesg
    @kkmark
    @nicole3921
    @offitgoes
    @Raven9145

Unless I missed them (always possible - I do have too much air in my head sometimes) I also need:

@evangsimmons170
    @MoStacy
    @iluvnufoods
    @orngnerdz

So just post your username, previous weight, and current weight. If you don't remember the previous, don't worry - it is already in the spreadsheet from sign up or last month (thanks, moderators!). Put it here in the discussion thread, and I'll answer with POSTED as soon as I add it to the spreadsheet.
  • jugar
    Options
    27eww3fuvbnn.png
This discussion has been closed.