Options

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    User name:pjmfitforme
    Previous weight- 175.4
    Current weight-173.4

I stepped on the scale twice just to make sure my eyes were not playing games on me. I really think I did well with my choices this week Two weeks in a row with a good loss

Fantastic!!!!!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check in
    Calories: Under, on plan, and on time
    Water: On target
    Exercise: 45 min step aerobics

Sunday goals
    - Food on plan and on time (currently holding off on breakfast so I hit 13 hour mark)
    - Water - drink a little extra today!
    - Exercise - 45 min outdoor walk
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,820 Member
    Options
    After a day of traveling driving 7 hrs. helping my daughter and her family move boxes. I am back home weighted myself this morningand am down 2 lbs. Made good chocies on the roadand drank losts of water and coffee. Day off to today
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Jaybo37 wrote: »
    @pjmfitforme - that’s a great loss, when you say you’ve had 2 weeks with good losses, any idea if you did anything different? The reason I ask is when I get anything like a 1.5-2lb loss, the following week I get a gain or a tiny loss. Now I know it’s down to what I’m eating, as I weigh daily and take an average I know it’s not carb weight etc. I know it’s down to Cico - actually saying all that there is no mystery. It’s like I can’t stick to good behaviour for more than 1 week at a time. Ack!!!! I should say the only mystery gain was from the time when I was in anti inflammatory meds for a week where despite sticking to my cals, eventually I realised it was the meds (and the folk on here pointing it out)

I started following points on ww. Changed my way of eating. I still believe in cico-but needed to change up my eating. Also, more consistent with my exercise. I feel like you need to constantly change your eating/exercise routine to see results
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 4 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Weight No More - 0.39%
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 0.35%
    3rd - WaistAways - 0.30%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Workout Warriors - 23.3
    2nd - Weight No More - 22.6
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 14.3

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @kirsten11872 - 2.73%
    2nd - @Carlsoda - 2.66%
    3rd - @ShowKitten - 2.55%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @ShowKitten and @tdrjustus3 - 6
    2nd - @kirsten11872 - 4.7
    3rd - @TattooedDolphinGirl78, @WishfulThinning18, and @bethanie0825 - 4.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@gottagetthisdown @tdrjustus3 @Andreabroadley
    @bethanie0825 @TattooedDolphinGirl78 @daisytripp
    @DaveJ_43

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 768,099
    2nd - Trimstones - 634,790
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 534,193
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Calories: under, good choices, breakfast late enough to allow for 13 hour overnight fast
    Water: on target
    Exercise: 48 min. outdoor walk

Friday goals
    1. Food on plan, good choices, breakfast late enough to allow for 13 hour overnight fast
    2. Water on target (80 oz)
    3. Outdoor walk

Why the 13 hour overnight fast? Do tell.
    Thursday check in
    Calories: under, good choices, breakfast late enough to allow for 13 hour overnight fast
    Water: on target
    Exercise: 48 min. outdoor walk

Friday goals
    1. Food on plan, good choices, breakfast late enough to allow for 13 hour overnight fast
    2. Water on target (80 oz)
    3. Outdoor walk

Why the 13 hour overnight fast? Do tell.

Hi @sunshineplace ,

I have been clear for a while that, for me, it's not just what I eat, but when. Restricting eating to no more than a 12 hour/day window was advice I got from a very qualified nutritionist (both a Certified Nutritionist and a Certified Clinical Nutritionist, stays up to date on research and has been working in the field for 25+ years). Dr. Joel Fuhrman, author of Eat to Live (the basic plan I follow), suggests upping it to 13 hours to give your body a little more time in the fat-burning state, and I have been paying attention to that.

Here's an article about the 12-hour window:
    https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/a-12-hour-window-for-a-healthy-weight/

I know there are lots of people doing intermittent fasting, restricting the window for eating to 8, 6, 4 hours, etc. I am happy to just nudge the time window a bit.

Austin
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,202 Member
    Options
    WEEK 5 CHALLENGE! Team Waistaways challenges you to get more veggies onto your plates and into yourselves every day:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10722931/week-5-team-waistaways-challenge/p1?new=1

Go to the challenge page and share your meals, recipes, veggie stories. Really. Veggie stories - you know you have them!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: I only did a 20-minute recumbent bike ride today.

I went to an engagement party at my church today and of course, there were two tables loaded down with tasty food. I didn't go near that table. We stayed to see the happy couple and wish them well and then we said our goodbyes and came home to my sensible dinner. I'm proud of myself for not getting derailed.

@AustinRuadhain, I read that link on the 12-hour eating pattern. Very interesting. I've been thinking for a while now that I really need to cut out my evening snack. I know that if I go to bed a little hungry I usually always have a loss. I'm going to give it a serious try and see what happens in February. :)
  • crmacph987
    crmacph987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MFP User ID: crmacph987
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (sorry I'm late - had to get a new computer)
    Weigh in Week: 4
    Previous Weight: 352.5 (Starting Weight 354)
    Current Weight: 351.5
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Sunday Check in

I went to an engagement party at my church today and of course, there were two tables loaded down with tasty food. I didn't go near that table. We stayed to see the happy couple and wish them well and then we said our goodbyes and came home to my sensible dinner. I'm proud of myself for not getting derailed.

@AustinRuadhain, I read that link on the 12-hour eating pattern. Very interesting. I've been thinking for a while now that I really need to cut out my evening snack. I know that if I go to bed a little hungry I usually always have a loss. I'm going to give it a serious try and see what happens in February. :)

Oooh! You deserve to be proud of yourself! Parties can be so challenging!

For what it's worth, @TeresaW1020 , I don't go hungry much. I just close the kitchen right after dinner! (And think of my mom and my grandmothers -- no snackers, all healthy weights, and all close(d) the kitchen after dinner!) If I think I am going to be hungry before bedtime, I add a bit more fat at that last meal.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories - probably over
    water - not enough
    exercise - rock climbing (indoor)

We went to the rock gym for a few hours today. It probably wasn't good for my shoulder, but I really really wanted to go. Then we had a mini birthday party at my parents house, so food was all over the place. Goal is to get out and run tomorrow afternoon, and then I've got to go to PT.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @crmacph987 - Yikes to needing a new computer! And hurray to that brilliant loss!

@digger61 - Fabulous that you made it work while on the road and moving! SO impressive!

@pjmfitforme - Wonderful work! You are getting on a roll!
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, finding the end of the month tough as the money dwindles before payday and it's tempting to yield to cheap treats. There are now digestive biscuits in the house too, because hubby asked for them.

I've only had 3 drink days all January, and recording them on Alcodroid has been eye-opening. I seriously recommend it for awareness of impact on your health as well as waistline and wallet. I wasn't doing 'Dry January' but telling people I was helped, so might just go for 'dry quarter' excuses to carry on. Or say I'm on antiobiotics or something. I am feeling generally fine, but various things getting in the way of sleep, so maybe the lack of alcohol is helping, but I'm not sure yet.

The broken toe is getting in the way of me getting any decent steps in, and I have not been to the gym. Maybe I can go swimming next weekend.

One of those weeks where those physiological and psychological factors have pushed me to eat a bit more than I should, so 1lb gain.

Username: Wishusdonna
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 169
    Current weight: 170
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Username: Ruthann2
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 149
    Todays Weight: 149
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Team Challenge - Ready, Set, Focus!!

(Sorry I am a little late. We got home later than expected yesterday from our weekend away.)

Pick your problem macro or nutrient and work on keeping it in range every day this week. Focus on making sure you keep in line all week.
  • Kres567
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    After a day of traveling driving 7 hrs. helping my daughter and her family move boxes. I am back home weighted myself this morningand am down 2 lbs. Made good chocies on the roadand drank losts of water and coffee. Day off to today

Great job @digger61!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Sunday Check in

What a great day @TeresaW1020 - focusing on your friends and the happy couple!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hello everyone, finding the end of the month tough as the money dwindles before payday and it's tempting to yield to cheap treats. There are now digestive biscuits in the house too, because hubby asked for them.

I've only had 3 drink days all January, and recording them on Alcodroid has been eye-opening. I seriously recommend it for awareness of impact on your health as well as waistline and wallet. I wasn't doing 'Dry January' but telling people I was helped, so might just go for 'dry quarter' excuses to carry on. Or say I'm on antiobiotics or something. I am feeling generally fine, but various things getting in the way of sleep, so maybe the lack of alcohol is helping, but I'm not sure yet.

The broken toe is getting in the way of me getting any decent steps in, and I have not been to the gym. Maybe I can go swimming next weekend.

One of those weeks where those physiological and psychological factors have pushed me to eat a bit more than I should, so 1lb gain.

Username: Wishusdonna
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 169
    Current weight: 170

You are still doing great despite the tough month. I just heard someone on the radio say what a long month January is and yours must seem extra long given your broken toe and your boyfriend’s accident.

Take care this week!
  • Kres567
    Options
    crmacph987 wrote: »
    MFP User ID: crmacph987
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (sorry I'm late - had to get a new computer)
    Weigh in Week: 4
    Previous Weight: 352.5 (Starting Weight 354)
    Current Weight: 351.5

Great loss! Currently the moderators have moved you to the Drop List because of the no weigh ins. I’ll ask to have you moved back up. Did you want to change your weigh in day for February to one that might work better?
This discussion has been closed.