2019 Reboot

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Day 16 P2.
    I'm sore from head to toe from yesterday's PiYo class. yay.

Today's plan:
    treadmill walk this morning. Weight lifting class tonight

br: kellogg's quiche cup
    sn: some arugula and a babybel (I can't wait until these stitches come out I'm dying for some raw veg and humus!)
    lu: shiritaki noodles with spinach, pesto, tomatoes
    sn: babybel
    di: leftovers: lean ground beef, spinach, black soy beans
    de: ricotta with sf maple syrup
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Sabine do you mind if I join your thread to keep track of what I'm eating daily as I experiment with a more SB woe, or I can start my own thread too :)
  • silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sabine, it's easier to have good menus when you're retired B)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    Sabine do you mind if I join your thread to keep track of what I'm eating daily as I experiment with a more SB woe, or I can start my own thread too :)

Absolutely!! Do it! Silvergirl does as well, as does Magic sometimes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Sabine, it's easier to have good menus when you're retired B)

JEALOUS!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Day 16 P2.
    I'm sore from head to toe from yesterday's PiYo class. yay.

Today's plan:
    treadmill walk this morning. Weight lifting class tonight

br: kellogg's quiche cup
    sn: some arugula and a babybel (I can't wait until these stitches come out I'm dying for some raw veg and humus!)
    lu: shiritaki noodles with spinach, pesto, tomatoes
    di: leftovers: lean ground beef, spinach, black soy beans
    de: ricotta with sf maple syrup

EDIT: I decided to have a big pre-made salad (local organic place on campus) with a can of sardines. YUM.
  • zeejane03
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ok, after binge reading through some of the SB books (pulling out the highlights of the program), I'm going to give it a try-think having a bit more structure will help me hit my protein/fat goals better.

Phase 2/Day 1 (have about 10lbs of maintenance creep to correct yet, down from 14lbs at the beginning of the month); morning weigh-in 138.6lbs/tom

B: 2 slices sprouted whole grains bread, toasted, with 2 triangles of light cheese spread
    -no veggie, need to figure out how to incorporate them into breakfast

S1: x (have never had a morning snack because I don't eat breakfast till later in the morning)

L: 4oz piece of Pollock, 'marinated' in light Italian dressing; large salad with spinach, tomato, sweet mini-peppers, green and black olives, cubed pepperjack cheese, mild pepper rings, mushrooms, broccoli and light Catalina dressing; multi-grain crisps

S2: green smoothie: kale, small banana (not recommended on phase 2 but it's the only way I can tolerate the kale :p ), 2 clementines, plain Greek yogurt and ground flax seed

S: sweet potato with regular, full fat ranch dressing; 1 serving/.5c of beans (I mix various kinds of canned beans with a large can of baked beans and keep some in the fridge, some in the freezer)

de: x

E: 1 mile brisk walk

what's different than how I was eating before: added another triangle of cheese to breakfast, to get in 2 more grams of protein (and for only 25 calories too), and I cut out a third fruit from my green smoothie, which I normally would have added.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Day 17 P2
    The scale has suddenly become stubborn, which my rationale mind was expecting, but still. (I knew that when I added back some more carbs my glycogen stores would fill and I'd stall. I also doubled exercise this week, as I'm back at work and the work gym so it's water retention central.)

One more week of soft foods. Stitches come out next week. Man this is boring and im not eating enough veggies.

br: kellogs egg cup (with red peppers)
    sn: baby bel
    lu: lean ground beef, spinach, feta
    sn: quest bar
    di: small lean steak, steamed broccoli
    de: ricotta with unsweetened cocoa
  • zeejane03
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Day 2 P2 weight: 137.8/tom (down almost a pound this morning :) )

B: 2 slices sprouted whole grains bread, toasted, with 2 triangles of light cheese spread (overslept this morning, will do the veggie quiche another morning)
    S:x
    L: Large salad: spinach, tomato, sweet mini-peppers, green and black olives, cubed pepperjack cheese, mild pepper rings, diced onion, broccoli, 1/2c black beans and light Catalina dressing; multi-grain crisps
    S2: green smoothie: kale, small banana, 2 clementines, plain Greek yogurt and ground flax seed
    S: finglerling potatoes, roasted with spices and 1/2tbsp oil, mixed together with water sauteed mushrooms, steamed green beans and Parmesan cheese; 1/2c baked beans mixture (kidney, pinto and black)
    de x

E: 1 mile brisk walk
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Day 17 P2
    The scale has suddenly become stubborn, which my rationale mind was expecting, but still. (I knew that when I added back some more carbs my glycogen stores would fill and I'd stall. I also doubled exercise this week, as I'm back at work and the work gym so it's water retention central.)

One more week of soft foods. Stitches come out next week. Man this is boring and im not eating enough veggies.

br: kellogs egg cup (with red peppers)
    sn: baby bel
    lu: lean ground beef, spinach, feta
    di: small lean steak, steamed broccoli
    de: ricotta with unsweetened cocoa

Whoops! Forgot my exercise.
    Walk 2 miles to work. Piyo at noon, strength class at 5. Walk 1 mile home.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Day 18 of my reboot:
    exercise: walk 2 miles to work. Pilates class at noon. Walk 2 miles home.

br: left over steak and scrambled eggs and spinach
    lu: leftover lean ground beef, spinach, feta
    sn: muscle milk
    di: no idea

Yesterda's lunch was an attempt at a big salad and I hurt my stitches. DAMN.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,778 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Today's Menu:

Green smoothie (kale, spinach, swiss chard, pineapple, banana, water) in my very wonderful, brand new vacuum blender by BioChef!

Mean Green juice

Carrot/Orange Juice

chicken

vegan pho without noodles nor tofu

the end

starting weight 1/7: 144.4

Today's weight: 141.4

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Today's Menu:

Green smoothie (kale, spinach, swiss chard, pineapple, banana, water) in my very wonderful, brand new vacuum blender by BioChef!

Mean Green juice

Carrot/Orange Juice

chicken

vegan pho without noodles nor tofu

the end

starting weight 1/7: 144.4

Today's weight: 141.4

fwiw, I find that shirataki noodles are GREAT in pho. We make it at home often.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Whoops! Missed a day. Day 20. Now holding at an 8Lb loss. But still FRIGGING FANTASTIC!
    exercise today: long walk, Yoga class tonight.

br: eggs, spinach, turkey bacon
    lu: egg drop soup
    sn: chopped peppers and humus (I hope, have to see how my mouth reacts)
    di: I'm thinking a salmon filet and broccoli
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Whoops! Missed again (I'm been lurking on the facebook group "South Beach Diet Book Support Group" and forgetting to check in here. That group is HUGE, active, and helpful!

today:
    exercise: walk 2 miles to work. Piyo class at noon. Walk 2 miles home.
    br: filet mignon left overs, brussels sprouts
    sn: half a quest bar
    lu: shiritaki noodles with spinach, tomatoes, and pesto
    sn: half a quest bar
    di: left over shrimp stir fry over cauliflower rice
    de: hubs made a low carb cheese cake (what?!?)
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,778 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Morning pals...

Today:
    Green Smoothie (spinach, pineapple, peaches, banana, chia seeds, water)

Carrot/Orange fresh juice

Lettuce Salad with avocado Evoo and Lemon

Bean tostadas two Ezekiel corn tortillas, refried beans -VEG, shredded cabbage, corn, pico de gallo

Sleepy time tea

After today, OUT of Freshly made juices...I love my new vacuum blender...now I am waiting for the mason jar accessory that will vacuum seal my 16 ounce wide mouth jars that I fill with fresh juice. Should arrive tomorrow. Amazon prime. Gives a longer fridge shelf life. I have decided freezing my juice is good to have stock but bad cuz it changes texture and taste. So I am going a different route. Also, this gadget will be great for storing greens in wide mouth 32 ounce mason jars. YAY!

Have a lovely day.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Folks, I'm back from my mini-vacation and in desperate need of a Phase 2 reboot!

Sabine, I wasn't aware of the Facebook group, but I will look into it.

Today:

Br: V8 low sodium veg. juice, Kellogg's All Bran Bran Buds with bananas,skim milk
    Lu: chicken broth, spinach salad with hard-boiled egg and hummus, Ak Mak crackers
    Sn: pear with mozzarrella stick
    Dinner: mixed green salad, chicken or salmon with veggies, Dave's Killer thin whole wheat bread slice, pistachios
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Monday!
    My Dry January is almost over. I've been **mostly** good. heh.

today: walk to work 2 miles. Walk home. Strength class tonight.

bs: quest bar (not hungry)
    sn: left over brussels sprouts
    lu: left over vegetable omelet
    sn: peppers and humus
    di: vegetable soup
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Sabine, I'm always so amazed at how much exercise you get. You are so good! I just try to walk as much as possible and go to a weekly yoga class. My dog gets me out for 40 minutes in the morning, then 2 20-30 minute walks during the day. Of course, our walks are more strolls since she does a lot of sniffing along the way.

Today:

Br: V8 low sodium veg. juice, Kellogg's All Bran Bran Buds with banana,skim milk
    Lu: spinach salad with hard-boiled egg and hummus, Ak Mak crackers
    Dinner: mixed green salad, chicken or salmon with veggies, Dave's Killer thin whole wheat bread slice, pistachios
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Sabine, I'm always so amazed at how much exercise you get. You are so good! I just try to walk as much as possible and go to a weekly yoga class. My dog gets me out for 40 minutes in the morning, then 2 20-30 minute walks during the day. Of course, our walks are more strolls since she does a lot of sniffing along the way.

Today:

Br: V8 low sodium veg. juice, Kellogg's All Bran Bran Buds with banana,skim milk
    Lu: spinach salad with hard-boiled egg and hummus, Ak Mak crackers

It sounds like you get a lot too!