Happy New Year! It's the January weigh-in & accountability thread

Options
Hello lovely ladies! Hope you all had fabulous Christmas and New Years celebrations!

After a roughly 3-4 month absence I am back. Heavier, but also more determined to get healthier as I'm not in the best place and have decided that being kind to myself and my body is the best first step towards improvement.

I intend to start C25K again in the hope that my foot holds out, and am aiming to go to the gym 3 times a week, like I used to.

Height: 5'10"
HW: 183lbs (Fri 24th March 2017)
SW January: 168.4lbs (2nd January weigh in)
Ultimate goal: Around 150lbs
January goal: 163lbs
January body fat goal: 26.8%

2nd Jan: 168.4lbs – Body fat 27.3% (Moving Average 166.9)
9th Jan:
16th Jan:
23rd Jan:
30th Jan:

Replies

• Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I’m back too. I’ve been struggling for months, and have gained 7kgs since last Christmas (2017, not the one just gone :D )

SW 67.8kg (2/1/19)

My goal this month is 1.5kg loss.

I’m hoping that my head is in the right place now, I’ve been pretty down recently.

Good luck everyone :)
  • mnsmov15
    mnsmov15 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hope to be accountable by being back on track.
    Height 5' 4"
    SW 147
    GW for Jan end 144
    UGW 124

Jan 2 147 lbs
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    3lbs is not too bad. I gained 4-5lbs :|

Welcome everyone!
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    So, December was a rough month for me in nearly all the major areas of life (with the exception of my health) - but, job news, housing news, relationship - ya, that all pretty much sucked.

This led to a low-level depression for the last half of the month and through the holidays, but there's a light at the end and coming through the other side. The not-bad part of all this was it made sticking to my weight loss goals REALLY easy LOL.

I'm sorry, that sounds like a pretty *kitten* situation. I hope things are on the up again on all fronts.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone, I’m back in too. Dropped under my original goal weight of 125 around Thanksgiving but some of that was due to stress. Now I’m at the high end of my maintenance range and feeling fluffy. Time to manage maintenance better.

5’6
    CW 1/3 - 130.0
    Goal 125-127
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    So, December was a rough month for me in nearly all the major areas of life (with the exception of my health) - but, job news, housing news, relationship - ya, that all pretty much sucked.

This led to a low-level depression for the last half of the month and through the holidays, but there's a light at the end and coming through the other side. The not-bad part of all this was it made sticking to my weight loss goals REALLY easy LOL.

n:

Sorry you are dealing with all this. I feel you on the irony, hitting goals while every area of life is under stress. Hugs and hoping everything works out ok.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! Hope you all had fabulous Christmas and New Years celebrations!

After a roughly 3-4 month absence I am back. Heavier, but also more determined to get healthier as I'm not in the best place and have decided that being kind to myself and my body is the best first step towards improvement.

I intend to start C25K again in the hope that my foot holds out, and am aiming to go to the gym 3 times a week, like I used to.

Glad you are back! Sounds like a good plan.
  • oneillm45
    oneillm45 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Jumping on the new year, new me bandwagon to give this another go.

Height: 5'6"
    SW: 159lb
    Ultimate GW: 128lb
    January GW: 152lb

I'd like to be down 7lb by the end of January, but I'm mainly choosing that goal because some of my SW is artificial gain because of the holidays. After I lose that and even out a bit, I'll be happy with a steady 0.5-1lb loss a week until I get to my goal.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Ultimate goal: 125-129 lbs
    Current Weight: 133.8 lbs
    January Goal: 129 lbs

Jan 3: 133.8 lbs
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Hello shark week. That was a bit earlier than expected. Hoping it will mean that some of my weight gain was in fact hormonal water weight and this month's goal will be a doddle..

In other news, re-starting C25K will have to wait until Feb at least. I stubbed my 4th toe really hard just before Christmas and that caused it to click when I walked. That only lasted 1-2 days because I barely moved over Christmas, so I'm guessing the rest did it some good. Cue retuning to work this week and walking a fair bit more (desk job but I walk to work and go for lunchtime walks, even if just home), and the clicking has come back with a vengeance. Had it checked out and they reckon it's a torn ligament. Not painful, but the clicking sensation makes my skin crawl, it's unpleasant. No running until it's healed, so weight training at the gym it is!

@vla246 That does sound like some lovely hormonal water weight. The joys of being a woman... :#
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options

SW 67.8kg (2/1/19)

4/1/19 67.4kg
    11/1/19
    18/1/19
    25/1/19

My goal this month is 1.5kg loss.

I’m doing REDJANUARY this month, some days it’s just a walk or yoga, but I’m determined to do something every day.

• aelexow
    aelexow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies:

I am new to the group and MFP in general, and I'm happy to find a group of people in the same boat as me. I typically hover right around 140#s, but since October 2018 I've been up to 150#s (my husband and I go big for Halloween, and it was all downhill from there). I'm working on weight loss with my husband, but morale tends to drop pretty fast when he looses 5#s and I only lose 1. Glad to have some ladies here for motivation and support.

Height: 5'4"
    SW January: 148.8#s (January 1 weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 130#s
    January goal: 142#s
    January body fat goal: 28%

2nd Jan: 148.8#s – Body fat 31.6%
    9th Jan:
    16th Jan:
    23rd Jan:
    30th Jan: