Replies

• Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    SW 67.8kg (2/1/19)
    4/1/19 67.4 kg
    11/1/19 67.0kg
    18/1/19 66.8kg

Not the loss I was hoping for, my week hasn’t gone as planned again, I have been feeling so tired and have ended up having a nap instead of exercising twice this week. I really must try harder!!

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »

I love the idea of also adding the trend right. Which ajo do you use? I use Libra.

I use Libra as well. I adjusted my smoothing line out a bit though as my day to day can fluctuate a lot. So that's at 14 days for smoothing (I think 10 is the default).

That was going to be my next question! I have my forecast at 7 days and my smoothing at 14 days.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My weekly check in:
    Starting weight: 1/4/19: 149.5
    1/11/19: 147
    1/18/19: 144.4

It has been 2 weeks since I started back working on losing weight. I have lost 5.1 pounds. I know that a big chunk of that is due to water weight loss and just less food in my digestive track. But I am really encouraged by this loss, and my clothes are feeling a little less tight already.
    I have learned, over the last couple years, that I must be very focused to lose weight. I know that some people find losing weight very slowly, while still enjoying food and eating, works better for them because they aren't tempted to binge or cheat.
    I am the opposite, if I allow myself extra snacks, I will slowly nibble my way out of a calorie deficit. If I am focused, I am not tempted to binge or cheat, and watching my weight decrease is satisfying enough.
    5 down, 15 to go! We can do this!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Late update from me, I was just so busy yesterday. This is the first moment since yesterday I actually get to sit and look at this thread, I’ve not even managed to leave my desk for lunch today.

Down, though not as much as I’d like (though another 0.2lbs gone since yesterday’s weigh in). I have been a bit bloated for the last three or four days so that may play a part in that. Down is down. Toe appears to be healing, shoulder is good again, and I am a regular in the gym. Go me!

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs (Fri 24th March 2017)
    SW January: 168.4lbs (2nd January weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 150lbs
    January goal: 163lbs
    January body fat goal: 26.8%

2nd Jan: 168.4lbs – Body fat 27.3% (Moving Average 166.9)
    9th Jan: 166.4lbs - Body fat 26.9% (Moving Average 167)
    16th Jan: 166lbs – Body fat 26.9% (Moving Average 166.3)
    23rd Jan:
    30th Jan:

@Crafty_camper123 You’d be surprised with your own ability. I have never been a runner (I can sprint, but endurance has always been my downfall) but found that the way C25K is set up enabled me to do so much more than I ever thought I could. Excellent progress so far! I can’t wait to get started again!

@Astrue I see. It’s hard, I’m sure (don’t have kids, cannot claim I understand). And yes, celebration foods are just dangerous!

@HoneyBadger155 I’m glad you are starting to feel happy again. What’s a little gain in comparison to happiness and a good workout?

@bettina8037 Nice loss! Good work on the step increase too. Such a small effort, and it has such an impact! The higher weight in the last week could just be hormonal or something.

@lynnJ9 Excellent start! And yes, we can do this. One month at a time! HappyScale user here.

@mahsh75 Slow and steady win the race so baby steps are good!

@Cora0477 Well done on managing with all the restaurant visits. Buffets in particular are evil things! I’d hold off on the tailoring, especially if you are so close to your UGW.

@oneillm45 @ARGriffy Nice start, even if holiday weight!

@peppermintcaroline Exciting! Good luck with the training! Sometimes those WW drops are incredibly motivating.

@poolchicko5 Ah, it gets so hard sometimes when you get busy and out of routine! Don’t beat yourself up over it, it’s not as if you’ve gained all that much!

@skinnybribri I’m sure you look fab now too, but I get what you mean. I looked fab about a year ago, and I miss it. Mind you, we all know how to get back there!

@clega044 I remember being at uni and was at my heaviest when I graduated. Living round the corner from every take away imaginable, and all the alcohol intake, was a killer!

@Anniebotnen Welcome! Sounds like you’ve got it cracked!

@Tryingtogetfitdeb Bloody ToM. Every time. I crave more in the few days before it, and tend to allow it too (to some degree). Are you back on the exercise track yet?

@f1tafter40 Hello fellow tall person! (Even taller!). Full time desk jobs are killers. I love my Fitbit for making me get up every hour (unless I’m insanely busy – which seems fairly common nowadays)

@katierenew2017 Fellow 5’10”er! Slow and steady wins the race. Whatever you do, don’t starve yourself to hit 2-2.5lb a week. I’d actually only aim for 1lb a week because you won’t restrict yourself as much, and it will feel easier.

@brittlb07 You’re not far from the 130s! Hope 2019 is a better year for you!

@kellyshell215 Of course you can join! This is the place to get support on your journey!

@lbride If your calorie limit is too low, try to up it. For me that works on the basis that I am less likely to go overboard on other days. If I starve myself I crave unhealthy foods.

@RobinAlex666 That’s the attitude! It’s the sides and drinks that are the killer most of the time!

@leah_not_leia You are probably right about the WW. You’ll be fine. I have found that my body is having to get used to exercise again and the scales reflect that a bit, Love a trend app to keep me focussed.

@MaVieEntiere It’s never too late to start!

How are you calculating your body fat percentage each week?
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    vla246 wrote: »
    Hi gals, do you all take measurements as well as weighing yourselves?

I did mine this morning for the first time in years and planning on checking monthly.

I just started a couple weeks ago now that I am getting closer to goal. Wish I had started sooner!

@bettina8037 I think I wasn't ready before but I'm in a good place now... It would be interesting to see what they were 10lbs ago for sure.
    Hi gals, do you all take measurements as well as weighing yourselves?

I did mine this morning for the first time in years and planning on checking monthly.

I just started a couple weeks ago now that I am getting closer to goal. Wish I had started sooner!

@bettina8037 I think I wasn't ready before but I'm in a good place now... It would be interesting to see what they were 10lbs ago for sure.

Hi ladies, new to this group but not MFP. :) I measured and weighed myself from the onset of my weight journey which started back in 2011. I have certainly taken the longer road learning about food, fitness and my body type all the while learning to love what I see in the mirror. It's been a long trip but I'm glad I have kept going even with all of my set-backs as I still have work to do. So those of you ladies just starting out or re-starting don't give up! Have your bad days, weeks, months but keep moving forward. We are worth it. :)

My MFP start and current weight and measurements are below.

Weight 1/5/11: 208.6
    Weight 1/3/19: 171.1

Chest 1/7/11: 43
    Chest 1/18/19: 36

Waist 1/5/11: 39.5
    Waist 1/18/19: 33

Hips 1/5/11: 50
    Hips 1/18/19: 44

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am a little late to this January weigh-in thread. I just joined the group and am looking for an active group of ladies to help keep me focused on my health. Hopefully we will have a February weigh-in thread I can join. :)

I weighed myself on the 3rd as a starting point for 2019 and my weight was 171.1. I plan on weighing myself mid-week to see where I am at. I don't have a specific weight goal per se but want to see what strength training is going to do in regards to my weight this year. I slowed down on the cardio in Sept 2017 (that is what I was mostly doing) and started focusing on strength training.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @rianneonamission , thanks!

@JRIV60, congratulations on your progress so far! Im a huge fan of strength training. Even though it supposedly doesn’t burn that many calories, it definitely revs your metabolism up for hours afterwards.

Here’s my progress this week. My calories are calculated to lose 1/2 lb per week, so I’m right on track. Feels weird, but also very familiar to be back to logging and weighing every day. One of the things I really like about MFP is that once you get your calorie level figured out, and you know you’re not exceeding it, there’s no panicking when the scale suddenly jumps up. Like mine did Wednesday morning, from 148.25# to 149#. Almost certainly due to extra sodium in the form of an Arby’s roast beef sandwich the day before :-).

Original SW 172# (1/2014)
    Original GW 145# (reached 10/2014)

Post holiday weight 1/2019
    1/12/19 148.75#
    1/19/19 148.0#
    1/31/19 GW 147#
  • lbride
    Options
    Here's the (one day early) log in. (prob just a low water weight day, so taking it and logging it!)

Also- let me know if anyone has ever done something low carb or keto for just a short time in order for muscles to "pop" or look more lean for a specific event. I want to try that, but only do it for the (really minimum) time necessary.

SW: 135
    Short term GW - 130 by Feb 1
    GW: 126 - by March 31

01/01 - 135
    01/02 - 134
    01/06 - 133.5
    01/13 - 132
    01/20 - 130.5
    01/27
    01/31
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @lbride I use a scale with a BF function. It’s not exactly the most accurate, but it does seem to give me a good enough indication (as in it moves down as I exercise and eat at a deficit, and goes up when I gain). 3of6qgnry5fn.jpeg
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the group, and am new to using MFP with any devotion. I am 36 and mom to two young kids. My goal is to get back down to 130-135, which was the weight I was at my fittest about four years ago. I have restarted weight training after a nine month hiatus. And I have restarted my yoga practice. My goal for January is consistancy in my exercise and eating and stop treating both of those things like a temporary state I need to only maintain until I look and feel healthy.

5'6"
    SW January 160
    GW January 155
    UGW 130-135

3rd Jan: 160
    10th Jan: 156.4
    18th Jan: 152.6
    24th Jan:
    31st Jan:
  • lbride
    Options
    @lbride I use a scale with a BF function. It’s not exactly the most accurate, but it does seem to give me a good enough indication (as in it moves down as I exercise and eat at a deficit, and goes up when I gain). 3of6qgnry5fn.jpeg

tx. I always wondered what my "real" fat % is (but not enough to do anything about it I guess!)
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    1/1 130.0
    1/20 132.2
    I hope I’m making a little muscle here.
  • malmh1252
    malmh1252 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have finally actually been committed to losing weight for a solid 3 months now 😁 I always thought eating healthy was not worth all of the work, and giving up delicious foods. Little did I know, some healthy foods are delicious. I’m so glad I decided to take this seriously, and start to invest in my health😊
    Height: 5’6”
    Staring Weight: 153
    Current weight: 129.6, 17.6% Body Fat

Ultimate Goal Weight: 125

January Goal: 127

• bettina8037
    bettina8037 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    malmh1252 wrote: »
    I have finally actually been committed to losing weight for a solid 3 months now 😁 I always thought eating healthy was not worth all of the work, and giving up delicious foods. Little did I know, some healthy foods are delicious. I’m so glad I decided to take this seriously, and start to invest in my health😊

Haha I love this! We have similar starting point and similar goals. It's true that it is worth it!
  • lorilrob
    lorilrob Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Back for another try. 😂
    Height 5’3”
    SW. 133.2. 14 Jan 19
    CW. 131.8. 21 Jan 19
    GW. 122
  • lbride
    Options
    malmh1252 wrote: »

I'm at 128-130 and want to get down to 125 too (and am 5'6). So hard with those last few pounds! And my dr is amazed at my numbers and always asks if I eat healthy (fact is, I love McDonalds but would be hungry in 10 minutes, so I gear toward more filling foods, salads with grilled chicken, etc, so that I'm not hungry and which tend to be healthier)
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Disappointing loss this week, but I’ve been a regular at the gym again since this year has started and I feel much better for it! I felt incredibly bloated yesterday so I am hoping there may be a mini whoosh on the horizon. And I shouldn’t forget that my moving average has dropped a decent amount.

Thursday & Friday I have First Aid refresher training, meaning I won’t be quite as active as normal. May have to combat that by walking to the training centre, which is a 25 min walk from home.

23rd Jan: 165.8lbs – Body fat 26.8% (Moving Average 165.6)
    30th Jan:

@strangerun Welcome! Slow and steady is good!

@vla246 Hope you are feeling better. Don’t blame you for not training (save your energy for fighting the bug) but I suppose you could try to focus on your food by making sensible choices that will aid your body in fighting said bug.

@Tryintogetfitdeb But it’s a loss! A loss is good!

@LynnJ9 Funny you mention that, because I am the exact opposite. I eat everything (and I am a mindless snacker) but have learnt to log that and pick better snacks/smaller portions. If I give up certain things I can’t sustain a diet. That’s the thing though: If it works for you, then that is all that matters!

@JRIV60 For a second I misread the dates and thought: “how on earth did she lose 7 inches around her chest in two weeks?!”. Then I read it again. Impressive change! Given that you have reduced cardio in favour of weights, is your main focus recomping?

@Anniebotnen The combination of MFP, and daily weighing with a trend app have made me so much more aware of my body and how it fluctuates. I don’t panic anymore either, which is a dream.

@lbride Nice drop. You seem to be on a roll this month!

@Astrue You too are on a roll this month! Even if it is post holiday weight, that’s still a nice bit of motivation!

@wellnesschaser Looking at your arm in your profile pic I’d say that’s likely to be some muscle gain. Nice definition!

@malmh1252 Some healthy foods are indeed delicious, and not necessarily a whole lot of work either!

@lorilrob This is the right place to be. Keep coming back, interact, and it will make the journey a whole lot easier.
  • lbride
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Disappointing loss this week, but I’ve been a regular at the gym again since this year has started and I feel much better for it! I felt incredibly bloated yesterday so I am hoping there may be a mini whoosh on the horizon. And I shouldn’t forget that my moving average has dropped a decent amount.

Thursday & Friday I have First Aid refresher training, meaning I won’t be quite as active as normal. May have to combat that by walking to the training centre, which is a 25 min walk from home.

23rd Jan: 165.8lbs – Body fat 26.8% (Moving Average 165.6)
    30th Jan:

---I was only able to get to the gym one time this week. Weight always falls off easier when I am not working out. Since you were at the gym a lot this week, you may drop a decent amount after the few days you take off. (At least this is how it works for my body--have no idea why; I work out for the muscle and so my bones don't get old and crackly! nothing to do with weight)
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    HW: 176
    CW: 159
    Height: 5'8"
    January goal: 157
    Ultimate goal weight: 153

1/9: 160.5
    1/16: 158.5
    1/23: 159

Kind of disappointed with the gain. It doesn't match how I feel. Oh well. We'll see what next week brings!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    SW: 159
    CW: 135.6
    GW: 120's

January Goal: Complete 4 weeks of Couch 2 5K. Weight loss will be consequential hopefully, but not the priority. Let's shoot for 133.

1/2/19: 135.6
    1/9/19: 135.6 (Average 135.4)
    1/15/19: 135.6 (Average 135.1)
    1/23/19: 134.6 (Average 134.9)

Woohoo! That Average is coming down ever so slowly, but she's going down! At this rate I'll see 129 by this time next year! :lol: I have a feeling my losses will pick up speed a bit though. This week marks week 4 on Couch to 5k. I actually ran enough that my fit bit picked it up this time and auto-recognized my running. I feel I will be doing this week twice though. It kicked my butt! I made it the first 5 minutes, but the 3rd and 4th runs were tough. I couldn't complete them. (Missed each by about 30 seconds. ) I think I might be dialing in my nutrition a bit to make cutting my calories a bit easier too. So that will help. But ramping up the intensity might leave me back at square 1, lol. We'll see. I'm more focused on eating around maintenance to be able to perform and recover properly. I'll focus on really cutting when I get the hang of this running thing I think.