Megan's Fitness Journal

Options
124»

Replies

• megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I joined the Ultimate Accountability Challenge for April and I feel so much more in control! I really need something like this to keep me on track. I also took the time to do a comparison of a photo from December and a photo from March and it's kind of amazing how much healthier I look. I don't feel as much of a need to cover up. My arms look not exactly smaller, but more toned, and I'm starting to develop some biceps! I've never had noteworthy biceps before, so this is a huge deal for me. I can see changes in my skin and hair too. It's like I'm an all-around changed person. It might seem like I don't need to lose any more weight or try to get more fit, but I want to keep cutting weight until I get down to around 120 so that I can start to build more strength and muscle. Ultimately my goal is to progress in climbing and feel good enough to spontaneously do things like hiking, biking, and playing a pick-up ball game. Right now, I'm not quite there. But I will be!
  • megbeveridge93
    Options
    Today I almost didn't eat lunch. It was breakfast day in the office and I had half a bagel mid-morning so at lunch time I wasn't hungry. Then I took a 30 minute walk instead of eating. Then I got busy with work. When my stomach started grumbling, I thought, "I might as well just wait until dinner, less calories is better anyway." And then I realized: less calories isn't better. Not when I biked to work, took two walks, and will be climbing this evening. Calories are fuel. My body needs them! I think we get stuck in this mindset of "less is best," but it's really damaging. There's a reason MFP gives you a warning when you complete your day with too few calories, it just isn't healthy.

So with all that said, I'm sitting and enjoying my whole wheat and potato gnocchi with creamy sauce (made with Greek yogurt), chicken sausage, and broccoli. Dang, it's good!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    How have things been going?
  • megbeveridge93
    Options
    I'm finally back! I got a bit off track, but with the help of my coworkers, I'm in it to win it! A few of the women in my "pod" are keeping each other accountable for the next five weeks before two of them go on vacation. I figured I might as well join in.

I've started making myself smoothie bowls in the morning and while it's a great morning ritual, I need to cut back on a few things on days that I don't exercise as much. Today it was over 600 calories! I was planning on climbing tonight, but now it looks like I'll be grocery shopping instead. I'll try to get in a yoga practice to at least move my body. Tomorrow, climbing is a priority.

That's all for now, but I'll check in again soon!