February 21 Sign In

Options

Replies

• jesseme
    jesseme Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    February 21st
    Yes x3
    Focused on upper body strength exercises today since the ever occurring charlie horse woke me up the other night. I really need to figure out why I keep getting them.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    2/21
    Exercise? 40 minute session this morning with YouTube hikes along the Great Wall and in Iceland. 30 minute low impact aerobics this evening.
    Calories? Good
    Tracked? Yes
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Yes x 3 today. Had a really nice dinner out, but previewed the menu before going, so made good choices. Heading off for a week in California on Sat, so I will be facing some challenges to this month's winner's circle.

Have fun in my home state!
    Where abouts are you headed?
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    jesseme wrote: »
    February 21st
    Yes x3
    Focused on upper body strength exercises today since the ever occurring charlie horse woke me up the other night. I really need to figure out why I keep getting them.

I have been told I need to drink more water by my medical friends when I get those.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    hkfleming wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - weight training. Stronglifts Workout A. Got some helpful advice from a fella in the gym about my squat form, which I very much appreciated.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Today was monthly weigh in and monthly measurement day. I'm down 7.5 lbs over the past 30 days, and took some inches off waist and hips. NSV was that my "Active Pants" (lol, that's how they're categorized on Amazon) have started to work down slightly during vigorous exercise. Not to the point (yet) that they're TOO big, but now they're definitely looser than they were at the beginning of January.

I like today's intro post very much. A great way to think about and reframe this journey.
    hkfleming wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - weight training. Stronglifts Workout A. Got some helpful advice from a fella in the gym about my squat form, which I very much appreciated.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Today was monthly weigh in and monthly measurement day. I'm down 7.5 lbs over the past 30 days, and took some inches off waist and hips. NSV was that my "Active Pants" (lol, that's how they're categorized on Amazon) have started to work down slightly during vigorous exercise. Not to the point (yet) that they're TOO big, but now they're definitely looser than they were at the beginning of January.

I like today's intro post very much. A great way to think about and reframe this journey.
    Way to go!!
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    February 21, 2019

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 3 mile treadmill run followed by 30 minutes of strength (core and arms) this morning

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and slightly under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!

@BonnieHosk85 -- that is one fantastic NSV!

@jesseme -- I used to get horrible charlie horses at night. I found upping my potassium levels during the day and stretching out my calves before I went to sleep helped a lot.

@jan110144 -- Safe travels to my state! :)

@hkfleming -- Congrats on your amazing loss and NSV! I always say clothing that's too big is a good problem to have! :)

@RangerRickL -- great quote!

The healthy goal I want most is twofold -- get back to my personal goal weight (I'm about 9 lbs shy of that right now) and continue to get strong for my running and upcoming Spartan race.

What price are you willing to pay to obtain the healthy goal? Continue getting up at 5am every weekday and early on Saturdays for long runs; watch and record everything I put in my mouth; and be a food snob -- if it's not worth the calories, it's not worth being in my body.

If you don't pay the price to obtain that goal...what will be the cost to your (whole-of-life well-being) health if you let yourself get in your way? I'd regain the 50+ pounds I've lost and kept off for almost two years now, and I'd love being a runner, which has become one of the ways I define myself. No food is worth losing those!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (outdoor walk)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Another excellent quote @RangerRickL !

I'm still alive in the challenge. I think I'll be able to walk outside tomorrow while my sister at her medical appt. Fingers crossed!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Had an evening workshop with some delightful fellow seniors! It was fun!
    Today's report:
    Calories: under by more than 300cals.
    Tracking: okay
    Exercise: intentional stroll at 2.5-3 mph for 30 minutes.
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I’ve been mia the past few days. Family vacation was wonderful. Loose tracking, somewhat intentional exercise, great visits with friends and family, no regrets! Definitely over my pass days for the month, but back to regular tracking and routine tomorrow.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    I'm still off work, so able to do a lot more, which means I get to eat more :D . Today, hike along beach cliffs w dog, dance practice with a friend, then Zumba class. I'm exhausted, but got to eat cookies and have cream and sugar in my coffee.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    February 21:

Exercised? Yes
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Excercise: Yup
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Right were they need to be.

Busy day today! Hope everyone had a great day!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    Feb 21
    I DID IT!
    Yes x 3
    67 mins walking 9K steps plus 1/2 PT arm stretches
    Under by 90 calories.
    Tracked all.

UAC rocks❣️
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member