Feb 21
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    Last weeks weight: 169.4 lbs (close to this)
    This week’s weight: 165.0 lbs

This is good news! I returned to what I know works for me: tracking calories, eating fresher foods, and moving a little more. Although it wasnt perfect, I guess it got rid of that bloat I had. Im now under my initial starting weight (165.4 Lbs) from September. Thank goodness.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE FEB Wk3

Fri Feb 15th
    Meal Logging - Yes
    Under Calories - No but I’m ok with it as had a drink and buffet food at a good friends wake to celebrate their life
    Exercise - No

Sat Feb 16th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym cardio and weights

Sun Feb 17th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no. 45 over and I expected way more as it was a planned cheat meal day
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym; cardio and weights

Mon Feb 18th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes 45mins aqua aerobics class

Tues Feb 19th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - no, but will forgive myself after a 13hr work day 😭😭

Wed Feb 20th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes; made good choices st training lunch
    Exercise -yes 1hr gym

Thurs Feb 21st
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes, avoided the cake again
    Exercise - yes 30 min swim

******** WEEKLY WEIGH IN **********
    PW 202.25
    CW 202.25

Man so frustrating!!!! Grrrrrrrr
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I've had a blip (more like a 3 week blip) they do say it wanes and waxes. I'm starting a new job on Monday and I was determined (or I thought I was) to feel good about myself when I started but having no work and no set routine combined with some bad environmental triggers, I've done the opposite. I start working shifts again on Monday and I'm not sure what it'll do to my diet and routine. I won't lie, I'm scared of going to the classes in the gym and my all or nothing attitude had broken me.

PW: 193.7
    CW: 196.3

I'm looking forward to getting some routine back and smashing this gain. I'm not daft and I know I can do CICO, I have just lacked determination to overcome some obstacles. If I can't turn this around this week, I'll leave because gaining is not the point of being here, I understand that. Thank you for your patience everyone.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    Weigh in Friday this week only (usually on a Wednesday)

Starting weight: 170.0
    Current weight: 158.8
    Goal weight: 126.0

Last week 157.2
    This week 158.8

Increase of 1.6lb. Spent the last 4 days away at a spa with my daughter to celebrate her birthday...will soon be back on track

• swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: Β»
    WEIGH IN
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting weight on 7/25/2018: 309
    September start weight: 290 (-19)
    October start weight: 279. (-11)
    November start weight: 264.7 (-14.3)
    December start weight: 254.8 (-9.9)
    January start weight: 247.5 (-7.3)
    February start weight: 238.2 (-9.3)
    -β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
    Previous Week's weight: 231.2
    Today's Weight: 230.2

Another one bites the dust
    And another one gone, and another one gone
    Hey, I'm gonna get you, too

I may actually be into the 220s by the end of the month. Un-friggin-believable!

nice work this week!

P.s. That song will now be in my head and keeping me motivated all day long!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: Β»
    WEIGH IN

nice work this week!

P.s. That song will now be in my head and keeping me motivated all day long!

Nice work for you too! Single digits next week for you :)

As soon as I saw the 1 pound gone this morning it popped in my head. I love when a good song gets in your brain. :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    Last weeks weight: 169.4 lbs (close to this)
    This week’s weight: 165.0 lbs

This is good news! I returned to what I know works for me: tracking calories, eating fresher foods, and moving a little more. Although it wasnt perfect, I guess it got rid of that bloat I had. Im now under my initial starting weight (165.4 Lbs) from September. Thank goodness.

@mickey10111, That is not good news....it's great news!! It sounds like the clouds have lifted and you can see again!! Going back to basics.... tracking calories, choosing better foods and moving more.... it seems so simple, yet most of the time, simple is what works best!! Congratulations on having this a-ha moment!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2019
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE FEB Wk3

Fri Feb 15th
    Meal Logging - Yes
    Under Calories - No but I’m ok with it as had a drink and buffet food at a good friends wake to celebrate their life
    Exercise - No

Sat Feb 16th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym cardio and weights

Sun Feb 17th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - no. 45 over and I expected way more as it was a planned cheat meal day
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym; cardio and weights

Mon Feb 18th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes 45mins aqua aerobics class

Tues Feb 19th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - no, but will forgive myself after a 13hr work day 😭😭

Wed Feb 20th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes; made good choices st training lunch
    Exercise -yes 1hr gym

Thurs Feb 21st
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes, avoided the cake again
    Exercise - yes 30 min swim

******** WEEKLY WEIGH IN **********
    PW 202.25
    CW 202.25

Man so frustrating!!!! Grrrrrrrr

@Tracie_Lord, I get that it's frustrating, but you have lost seven pounds so far this month!! This week of maintenance is just your body taking a rest before you drop the next seven!! You are doing all the right things, so it'll happen.....just be patient!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday no
    Thursday yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    T34S3l wrote: Β»
    Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I've had a blip (more like a 3 week blip) they do say it wanes and waxes. I'm starting a new job on Monday and I was determined (or I thought I was) to feel good about myself when I started but having no work and no set routine combined with some bad environmental triggers, I've done the opposite. I start working shifts again on Monday and I'm not sure what it'll do to my diet and routine. I won't lie, I'm scared of going to the classes in the gym and my all or nothing attitude had broken me.

PW: 193.7
    CW: 196.3

I'm looking forward to getting some routine back and smashing this gain. I'm not daft and I know I can do CICO, I have just lacked determination to overcome some obstacles. If I can't turn this around this week, I'll leave because gaining is not the point of being here, I understand that. Thank you for your patience everyone.

@T34S3l, Hey, T. Yes, you may have gained a little, but you've also learned a lot, and that is worth almost as much as a drop on the scales!! You've learned that routine is crucial for success. You've identified some environmental triggers that cause you to reach for food and the obstacles that will require the most mental energy from you to overcome. You've also recognized that your all or nothing attitude eventually leads to your downfall every single time! You are still here, working through it. You haven't given up, and by that standard, you have earned your place on this team. Don't leave because you have had three bad weeks. Stay because you have had three bad weeks and continue to work though it!

As far as the apprehension about going to the classes at the gym is concerned, can you seek out the instructor ahead of time? Introduce yourself, and tell him/her about your anxiety and they will undoubtedly reassure you that you will be fine. This way, too, the instructor will not be a stranger and the recognition between the two of you will also help to put you at ease.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in Friday this week only (usually on a Wednesday)

Starting weight: 170.0
    Current weight: 158.8
    Goal weight: 126.0

Last week 157.2
    This week 158.8

Increase of 1.6lb. Spent the last 4 days away at a spa with my daughter to celebrate her birthday...will soon be back on track

@prehistoricmoongoddess, you only put on 1.6 pounds while you were away from home for four days...that is not bad at all! It will fall off in no time, especially now that you are home and all relaxed from being away at a spa! Hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH IN

@mikea2g, you are un-friggin-believable, consistently losing a substantial amount of weight every month, including this month! A bright light for sure amongst this motley crew of Big Butts!! And the beauty of that song, aside from being so apt in this case, is that everyone knows it, no matter what decade you were born in!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: Β»
    Friday weigh in
    Previous weight 213.2
    Current weight 210

Whoop whoop! I will be in single digits by the end of February!

@swauters, Hey, Sara!! Well done!! You were disappointed about losing just under two pounds last week, but when you add it to the just over three pounds this week, suddenly it seems quite alright!! Whoop whoop for sure, for single digits next week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: Β»
    Weigh in
    Last: 253.1
    This: 252.6

With last week’s big disappointment and vacation now one week(!!!) away I have gone in to maintain mode. Still getting exercise and going to the gym, still eating healthy. But i am not obsessing over every little detail. I was actually expecting another gain but I’ll take the half pound loss even if it isn’t much

@erikNJ, this is a good experience in maintenance for you, one you can draw on in the future when you reach goal weight, or whenever losing weight at the moment is not an option, or you just need a mental break from it. It seems like the "mental break" from losing weight is doing you the most good right now. Because you are in a good head space at the moment, you will go away on vacation and you will enjoy yourself immensely, while at the same time being cognizant of eating and drinking only the best tasting calories (not throwing caution to the wind on just anything!). You will come home completely relaxed, and when you are ready, you will tackle your next phase of weight loss with renewed vigour!

Oh, and not to be lost in all of this...well done on losing half a pound!!
This discussion has been closed.