TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,899 Member
    Options
    :smiley:
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am Christine, Im 26 living in Connecticut.
    I am currently involved in the Game Of Thrones challenge, and wanted to join this challenge to encourage my weight loss more.

SW:246.0
    CW:235.5
    GW: 160
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Diana and I live in Coventry, England.

Starting weight: 170.0
    Current weight: 160.6
    Goal weight: 126.0
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Britton and this is my first time being in a challenge. I'm getting close to the finish line and I need to step things up a notch!

SW: 194lbs
    CW: 155lbs
    GW: 140lbs

Edited to add: 5'4 31 yrs old, female
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I’m Jackie from Washington State, I’m looking to lose about 15 pounds before August. We have a vacation planned so I would love to have a cushion. I’m struggling right now and came across this challenge and thought it was a great way for me to have some accountability.

Plus in June my daughter and I are running a half marathon, I’m starting to get back into running. I love the concept of this challenge, logging regularly would definitely help.
  • kim4653
    kim4653 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kim from Bedford, UK. Been struggling to lose weight since having my second child a few years ago... feeling motivated this time round especially with this challenge to keep me on track!

Starting weight: 257lb
    Current weight: 240lb
    Goal weight: 168lb
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have a very long journey ahead of me but know this challenge will help me keep my goal in sight! Let's do this!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to February and a special welcome to the newcomers. It's great to see all the introductions so far!! I am a little late to the party as I just returned home from a vacation to Mexico. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the team if you haven't done so already, and tell us a little bit about your goals for the month.

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am your captain for January. I have been with The Big Butt Theory for over a year now. I am 52, a Canadian living in Southern Ontario, married 27 years and have two grown sons.

I need to get myself back on track now that my vacation is over. No more icy drinks by the pool on a daily basis!! I am hoping that the mindset that comes with starting a brand new month will be the kick start that I need. Regardless, being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water!! If you are struggling, it can help you, too. So, the more you interact, the more you will feel the team's support.

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EST, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

Yes, this is a weight loss challenge, but I would like you to think of it more as a support group. Sometimes, you can do all the right things, but the scale just doesn't move. If you have taken measurements you will be able to see that you are making progress, just not contributing to the team's weight loss. But we don't want you to despair, or leave, if this happens, thus the focus on the "support" aspect!

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great February everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The February Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, February 3rd, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, February 3rd!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @HASWLRS, thank you Lisa for creating the Mini Challenge. This challenge as helped me stay focus during stress times, unfortunately I’m a emotional eater, 😈😫👿

I love your train of thought, “Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss.”
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS, thank you Lisa for creating the Mini Challenge. This challenge as helped me stay focus during stress times, unfortunately I’m a emotional eater, 😈😫👿

I love your train of thought, “Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss.”

I am glad the Mini Challenge is helpful for you, Jackie, but I didn't create it so I can't take the credit! It was in place when I got here, implemented by one of the moderators, @craigo3154. I just administer it!!

Penny is very cute!! Much cuter than a pure pug, in my opinion!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Mike and this begins month 7 of my journey and month 4 or 5 with the team. I started 7/25/18 at 309 pounds and have been steadily losing the weight. My last weigh in on Friday has me at 238.2. My goal is a range from 220-225 then focus on recomp. I’m 6’4” but fairly big boned (literally) and have some decent muscle weight. This means my BMI will forever be “overweight”, woe is me :)

I live in central Florida and work from home. My wife and I homeschool our 2 girls (4 and 8). We have a couple acres and I get a lot of exercise working on the property. Nothing like chopping wood to burn those calories! :).

Food first, exercise second. It’s done great for me this time around. I’m getting more active as I lose the weight, which means something amazing...soo many more exercise calories to eat back :)
    Hope everyone has a great month of working towards their goals!

For February I would love to see the number 229, but I’m really shooting for 232. I’ve got a good lifting routine I’m working on as well as cardio, at home kettlebells and outdoor activities. Combined with smart food choices I think I’ll do well this month.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi team I am Tami aka Murdog3t
    Been around for 8-10 months I think. I am doing a IF/ keto lifestyle since July down 18-22 lbs give or take 5 lbs. i love the accountability, it helps to keep me on track let’s have a rockstar February 💕❣️💞
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Hi team I am Tami aka Murdog3t
    Been around for 8-10 months I think. I am doing a IF/ keto lifestyle since July down 18-22 lbs give or take 5 lbs. i love the accountability, it helps to keep me on track let’s have a rockstar February 💕❣️💞

I also am doing IF and a modified keto lifestyle. Keto is so tough and i get more than 20 carbs some days, but that is life. I refuse to not eat birthday cake on my grandsons birthday or have a drink with coworkers once in a while. I started both the IF and semi-keto dec 1 and have lost 19.8 pounds so far with diet and exercise.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Sara from Wisconsin. I am a 47 yr old mom of 3 adults and a nana to a 5 year old who lives with us every other week. I also work full time in special education nd couldnt love my job more than I do.
    I have been on and off the weight loss wagon abput 900million months (my whole adult life). In December I had a dr appt and my blpod pressure and blood test results came back a little scary so I got serious about getting healthier. I satrted IF in December and modified keto in January. January was my first month with this challenge and it really helped me be accountable. We have some great group members!
    I am very competitive and set small goals for myself, both scale and non scale. This weeks goal is to get all my steps in each day.

I lost 13.8 pounds in January so I am starting Feb at 214.2 hoping to get to about 207 by the end of Feb and be in the 100's by the end of march. Ultimately my goal will be around 150 but getting out of the 200s will be a huge milestone for me.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

I am in total agreement I like a drink and popcorn once in awhile
    IF is easy keto is the hard part sometimes I just gotta have carbs .......
  • mikea2g
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My name is Mike and this begins month 7 of my journey and month 4 or 5 with the team. I started 7/25/18 at 309 pounds and have been steadily losing the weight. My last weigh in on Friday has me at 238.2. My goal is a range from 220-225 then focus on recomp. I’m 6’4” but fairly big boned (literally) and have some decent muscle weight. This means my BMI will forever be “overweight”, woe is me :)

I live in central Florida and work from home. My wife and I homeschool our 2 girls (4 and 8). We have a couple acres and I get a lot of exercise working on the property. Nothing like chopping wood to burn those calories! :).

Food first, exercise second. It’s done great for me this time around. I’m getting more active as I lose the weight, which means something amazing...soo many more exercise calories to eat back :)
    Hope everyone has a great month of working towards their goals!

For February I would love to see the number 229, but I’m really shooting for 232. I’ve got a good lifting routine I’m working on as well as cardio, at home kettlebells and outdoor activities. Combined with smart food choices I think I’ll do well this month.

You're from central Florida? I used to live in Ocala..
    I just moved to Pennsylvania in November.

You moved there just in time for the cold! :) I live in Deland, about 20 minutes SW of Daytona beach.
  • mikea2g
    Options
    If anyone has a Fitbit you should friend me. There’s a few people in the group who do the workweek and weekend step challenges. It’s fun and another way to stay accountable.

My username on Fitbit is Mikea2g
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I’m also on the kind of keto thing having 18% - 25% carbs. There’s NOOOO way not having any carbs, I’m about 7 pounds from my highest maintenance weight. My workouts are to ridiculously high to not have any carbs. Beside, I can’t NEVER have sweets life is way to short.......
This discussion has been closed.