Feb 2 Mini challenge

Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 60 minutes Orange Theory, 20 minutes shoveling
    Water: 9 cups
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I’m Erik. I started this journey when I hit the second heaviest I had ever been in December of 2017. I was 275.5 and pretty bummed out. I started everything on my own for the first six months and joined this group June of 2018. By the end of August I was down 30 lbs, to 245. Then I hit a wall but was maintaining til about November. The Holidays got the best of me and I was back up to 256.
    I’m around 253 now and honestly have lost all motivation. But this group and challenge is very helpful and I knew quitting wasn’t the right move. I leave for Jamaica in less than 4 weeks. I was hoping to be under 240 by then but that isn’t happening, so now I am just hoping I can get under 250 by then.
    Hopefully the new people can pump some life back into this. I feel like activity lost steam for most of the team by the end of January. Maybe I am wrong but that’s my take on it.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    All righty then. Right off the hop, we are missing all those who have a Sunday weigh-in. I know it seems odd to weigh-in on the first official day of a challenge, but it has been approximately a week since you posted a starting weight. So, this weigh-in represents what you have been able to lose (or gain :'( ) in the first week.

Missing Sunday Weigh-Ins from:

@CJDaniel7, @firecat1987, @Jl20alon2564, @MelsLeanDream and @pkg1998
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Grand Finale Results for January

Overall, for January, team The Big Butt Theory did not have a great month. We lost 57 pounds (103.6 for first place) and our percentage lost was 1.29% (1.96% for first place) which put us in 5th place in both categories. That being said, we did have some individual Big Butts that had an OUTSTANDING month.

Placing second overall in the whole challenge was our very own @swauters with a loss of 6.05%!! Sara also lost the second highest amount of weight of anyone in the challenge with 13.8 pounds!! Congratulations, Sara!!

Placing third overall in the whole challenge was our very own @Kclee2903 with a loss of 5.92%!! Kclee also lost the most amount of weight of anyone in the challenge with 15.5 pounds!! Congratulations, Kclee!!

The following Big Butts had an outstanding month, losing over 3% of their body weight:

@swauters - 6.02%
    @Kclee2903 - 5.92%
    @mikea2g - 3.76%
    @kathamh - 3.00%

The following Big Butts had a very good month, losing over 2% of their body weight:

@lozenger1984 - 2.85%
    @Rawrbyn - 2.75%
    @eatingfoodles - 2.13%
    @T34S3l - 2.12%
    @abowersgirl - 2.08%

The following Big Butts had a good month, losing over 1% of their body weight:

@heaz10 - 1.99%
    @karrihowlett - 1.63%
    @brandi_84 - 1.61%
    @MelsLeanDream - 1.44%
    @erikNJ - 1.25%
    @kc9agz - 1.07%
    @aminor55 - 1.06%

Well done to all of the listed Big Butts as well as any other Big Butts who managed to lose some weight in the month of January! Goal for February....NOT to be in the basement!!
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is the correct format...sorry I didn't post earlier.

Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting weight: 324lbs
    Current weight: 320.6lbs
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is the correct format...sorry I didn't post earlier.

Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting weight: 324lbs
    Current weight: 320.6lbs

@Jl20alon2564, you absolutely posted in the correct format!! Almost 3 and half pounds gone!! Well done for you!! And thank you for starting February off with a great weigh-in for team The Big Butt Theory!!
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    3/2/19
    Track food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes - nice big deficit and I've been brave and not dipped into it after a 13 hour shift(even though I have a super tasty homemade fish pie to eat).
    Exercise: Lots of walking today, all day and BWE before I went to work this morning :smile:
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm T, this will be my fourth month in this challenge, can't believe it's been that long already! I was 280 at my heaviest and my latest weigh in was 193.5, my goal is 154 so I still have a ways to go BUT this group is so incredibly helpful in ways that I never imagined it could be. I think about giving up everyday, even now, but knowing that I have all of this support and encouragement from people all in the same position is a huge source of motivation, sharing our difficult days and our successes is very rewarding and it makes me smile seeing others overcoming these obstacles, just like me and knowing that I can too.

Personal goals for February:
    Log all of my food everyday
    Only weigh on a Friday
    Plan my meals and take time and effort over them
    I'd REALLY like to get down to 180, but realise that into the 180's is more practical if it's to stay
    More water!!
    More exercise

Good luck everyone!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Feb 2
    Tracking: yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    30 min strength training
    45 min cardio
    Steps: 7965
    Water:88 oz
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    2/3
    Track food:
    yes
    Under calories: No. But was under maintenance, which is perfectly fine with me. TOM started today, and I will be under tomorrow. Only thinking that all the salt will affect my weigh in on Tuesday.
    Exercise: 30 minutes strength. May squeeze in some yoga before bed.

• mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Sunday, February 3, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 45 minute light medium effort elliptical / 10 minutes stretching / 10 minute walk
    Steps as of posting: 18,231

Came close to completing a pull up today. I’ve been working on it for a long time. I think I’ll see victory sometime this month. Amazing to think I went from not being able to hang on a bar with my body weight to almost completing a pull up. I’ve come up to my eyes. So close I can taste it! :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    2/1
    Tracked food: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: I did a 1 minute plank & 25 butt bridges.
    2/2
    Track food: yes.. except for the very end. I totally ate way too many brownies and didn't weigh it out or log it. Tasted amazing though!
    Under calories: probably not
    Exercise: 1 minute plank & 25 butt bridges.

@womanofgod4893, Hey, Stacey. Just so you know, planks and butt bridges are great exercises, but for the purpose of the Mini Challenge, it has to be 20 minutes worth.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    2/1
    Tracked food: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: I did a 1 minute plank & 25 butt bridges.
    2/2
    Track food: yes.. except for the very end. I totally ate way too many brownies and didn't weigh it out or log it. Tasted amazing though!
    Under calories: probably not
    Exercise: 1 minute plank & 25 butt bridges.

@womanofgod4893, Hey, Stacey. Just so you know, planks and butt bridges are great exercises, but for the purpose of the Mini Challenge, it has to be 20 minutes worth.

I'm more focused on counting calories. I don't exercise much since I have a baby and a house to tend to. So, if I don't exercise for 20 minutes, I don't have to post for the mini Challenge? I'll still be apart of the main biggest loser challenge though, right?

It is still recommended to post daily for the accountability. If your exercises are not twenty minutes worth, then just let me know in your post. Or if you think twenty minutes of exercise will be a rarity, then let me know if you DID reach it in your post. And yes, the Mini Challenge is separate from the main weight loss challenge. It is merely a tool to help you reach your goals.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi, team. I am on my iPad right now. My laptop version of MFP is shutting down on me. I can access the group but I cannot enter anything, including weights! Help!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Grand Finale Results for January

Overall, for January, team The Big Butt Theory did not have a great month. We lost 57 pounds (103.6 for first place) and our percentage lost was 1.29% (1.96% for first place) which put us in 5th place in both categories. That being said, we did have some individual Big Butts that had an OUTSTANDING month.

Placing second overall in the whole challenge was our very own @swauters with a loss of 6.05%!! Sara also lost the second highest amount of weight of anyone in the challenge with 13.8 pounds!! Congratulations, Sara!!

Placing third overall in the whole challenge was our very own @Kclee2903 with a loss of 5.92%!! Kclee also lost the most amount of weight of anyone in the challenge with 15.5 pounds!! Congratulations, Kclee!!

The following Big Butts had an outstanding month, losing over 3% of their body weight:

@swauters - 6.02%
    @Kclee2903 - 5.92%
    @mikea2g - 3.76%
    @kathamh - 3.00%

The following Big Butts had a very good month, losing over 2% of their body weight:

@lozenger1984 - 2.85%
    @Rawrbyn - 2.75%
    @eatingfoodles - 2.13%
    @T34S3l - 2.12%
    @abowersgirl - 2.08%

The following Big Butts had a good month, losing over 1% of their body weight:

@heaz10 - 1.99%
    @karrihowlett - 1.63%
    @brandi_84 - 1.61%
    @MelsLeanDream - 1.44%
    @erikNJ - 1.25%
    @kc9agz - 1.07%
    @aminor55 - 1.06%

Well done to all of the listed Big Butts as well as any other Big Butts who managed to lose some weight in the month of January! Goal for February....NOT to be in the basement!!

Maybe this will help keep someone going. I was only in the mini challenge winner circle once and I was never the biggest loser for any week, not even just in our team. But, I was able to come in Second in the whole monthly challenge. Keep plugging along. Small victories add up
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hiya! My name is Mikayla and I tend to run late for introducing myself each month. Better late than never, right? Im 21 years old and work at a college doing student activities. I am a NY native. Ive been a part of this MFP group since September and did well in the first month with losing 5 lbs, then returning to my regular starting weight of ~165 as of recently. I really hope to get into the 150s again by the end of this month. Im trying to reach this goal by snacking less frequently and making better choices at meal time.

Wishing everyone much success this month! :)
  • hooliemay
    hooliemay Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I've been away for a year and now I'm back. No time for a story now but I need the accountability and dont want to miss out on the mini challenge, so here I am.

Feb 3 mini challenge

Tracking: Yes
    Under: not quite
    Exercise: 60 minutes strength training
    Water: 9 cups

Have a great day! Off to the gym I go for a little cardio
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I return for Feb. For those not aware my journey started Oct 2017

SW 298.50
    CW 209.50
    GW 168.00

Also going to try the mini challenge as another motivator

MINI CHALLENGE FEB Wk1
    Sunday Feb 3rd

Meal Logging - Yes, made the best clean chilli with cauliflower rice and seasoned sweet potatoes for dinner
    Under Calories - Yes finished on 1242
    Exercise - Yes cardio and weights in gym
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS - sent you a message

@pkg1998, I sent you a test message. Did you get it?

Travelling yesterday so didn't get a chance to review the thread. Yes, I got your message.
This discussion has been closed.