edited February 2019
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

WOOHOO...that's GOAL for @K80FLEC!! :+1: And while that does look a little like me snowblowing in swimtrunks, it is not me. :smiley: I wouldn't rule me out for doing something crazy like that for a laugh, though! LOL

@LISAH8969 - Sounds like we might be at similar stages of our OA in our knees having just been diagnosed. I'm determined not to let it slow me down too much. Yeah, running might be out until I can get a new knee surgically, but I can still do bike, elliptical and walking pretty well. I hope the bracing and injection helps you to enjoy your travels! :flowerforyou:

Rest day for me today and trying not to eat all the food. lol

Have a great weekend all!
    Dave

w6av8lvtbrqb.jpeg

cyxkl6khn6bj.jpeg

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Lisah8969: I am sorry that you also have been dealing with knee issues. It is hard to come to grips with this. I have taught PE for 43 years, big advocate of cardio and now?, well it is day by day with God’s grace. I sure miss running and walking too. As Dave said, I am going to keep going as best I can and find that which will keep me active.I will keep you in prayer that your knee behaves so you can enjoy your trip. Please feel free to vent. I know I have done my share. We are here to listen.
    @Dave: I was going to jokingly ask if you were the snowblower but I knew better.
    Feb 22: Adding 5 miles of walking two and cycling 3. My tear keeps hanging up and forcing me to stop riding, so I guess it is let it rest till the knee quiets down.
    TTD: 298 miles

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    1.8 miles

exercise.png

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 19 miles to bring me up to date.

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    02/21 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 453.0 miles

02/22 - 02/21 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 478.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @Lisah8969 - Wow, that sounds like panic time. A vacation with a lot of walking only two weeks away? Hope the shot helps. You can always switch to cycling from running. I had to switch about 12 years ago. About 15 years ago I injured my back. I tried for three years going to different doctors and chiropractors and therapists. I even had one chiropractor tell me I would never exercise again. I took up biking and I’m hooked. I will confess. I bought a cheap bike at first and that made it REALLY hard. When I broke down and paid for a decent bike (not great but definitely better than a walmart bike), it made all the difference in the world. I have six bikes now (including the indoor trainer) and I have to thank my wife for being so patient. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Dave - I really look forward to your memes everyday. Thanks. :smile:
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,921 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Sorry to hear about all the knee issues out there. It must be incredibly frustrating. So far my knees are fine but my dog just had knee surgery, so I've spent the week keeping her quiet and haven't put in many miles. Here's to better days for all - human and canine.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

22nd: 2.5 miles, Pilates, Body Pump, - MTD 113.87
    23rd: 5 miles, 1.58m running, 3.42m purposeful walking - MTD 118.87

@Lisah8969 - I hope you get some relief before you jet off on your vacation .... walking is an essential skill, certainly in Paris (can’t comment on Rome as I’ve never been)

@Dave - I knew I saw something of you in that snowblower image :D:D:D

@Janet - I bet that was a job and a half, keeping your fur baby quiet!

Knees seem to be a common theme here. .... do we need to add the phrase “despite our knees” to our group name :)))
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    2/23
    30.09 miles
    509.58 miles MTD
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    02/22 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/23 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 503.0 miles

exercise.png

One of my favorites

02cxwj2q18j5.jpg
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Feb. 23: Adding 15 miles today. A good day! 3 miles walking and 12 on the x bike. I found sleeping with an ice back helps, even though my ortho doctor was not thrilled to hear that.
    TTD: 313 miles

exercise.png

@Janet: Knees do seem to be the common theme. I hope your pup does well from surgery. My girl can stand but can no longer walk. You are a good fur mom!
    @Lisa: Take it easy until your trip to give your knee a chance to settle down. Did your doctor talk about the viscous injections three weeks in a row? It helps for some and other not. Mine was doing good but I think I just over did it.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    19th Feb walked 6.62 miles
    20th Feb walked 5.87 miles
    21st Feb walked 7.4 miles
    22nd Feb walked 6.07 miles
    23rd Feb walked 7.06 miles

Total miles walked to date 163.5
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,921 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

I know how much this group loves dogs so I'll report that my dog is doing well. She's walking and putting weight on the leg but doctor's orders are no running, playing, jumping or climbing on furniture. I have all the chair and sofa cushions turned on end to keep her off and she is not happy that she can't get into her favorite chair. Poor baby! Instead I've put my husband's down coat on the floor for her to sleep on, because she loves her daddy.

I rode my bike to church this morning and that makes goal for me. Have a great week!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

23rd: 5 miles, 1.58m running, 3.42m purposeful walking - MTD 118.87
    24th: 11.25 miles, 6.82 m running - MTD 130.12

My R (arthritic) knee is aching after running today :'(
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    2/24
    30.94 miles
    540.52 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    3.8 miles. The rain finally let up and it's kind of bright outside - I think it's called sunlight, I haven't seen it in so long.

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    With all the talk of knee pain I will add that my husband was told that his are shot & when he's done enduring the pain he is to make a surgery appointment.
    I had my my old fur baby put to sleep last Thursday. He was struggling pretty bad. We think he was having mini strokes. Wouldn't eat (we had to force food down him), he lost all movement in the rear hips & legs so we carried him up & down the steps & would hold him up so he could do his business. I hate to see an animal suffer so we took him to the vet. He went REALLY fast & peaceful. He had such a gentle & kind soul that I'm going to miss him for a long time. Our Schnauzer misses him too & now wants to sleep with us.
    The cold has been relentless & it looks like more below zero temps with around 6 inches of snow this week. Soooo OVER winter!
    Rode ex bike 13 miles to get past goal. With work & 6 classes a week I don't have much energy any more!

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

I know how much this group loves dogs so I'll report that my dog is doing well. She's walking and putting weight on the leg but doctor's orders are no running, playing, jumping or climbing on furniture. I have all the chair and sofa cushions turned on end to keep her off and she is not happy that she can't get into her favorite chair. Poor baby! Instead I've put my husband's down coat on the floor for her to sleep on, because she loves her daddy.

I rode my bike to church this morning and that makes goal for me. Have a great week!

What knee surgery did she have? TPLO (the cut the tibia and change the angle), Tight Rope (Cable put in to keep the femur from sliding forward), Lateral imbrication (They use the joint capsule and create and artificial ligament)?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @vhuber - I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s so hard to let them go. They want to make us happy and will do whatever they can, even when it’s painful for them. That kind of love and loyalty is extremely hard to let go. I know it was difficult, but you did the right thing. The problem will be telling your heart that. You will have a void that will never be filled. I’ve mourned the loss of my dogs more than the loss of some of my family. There never were truer companions. We don’t deserve them, but god gave them to us anyway. Such a blessing and such a loss. You have my sympathy.
This discussion has been closed.