Struggling with Sweets

Options
2»

Replies

• kiyannacatching68
    kiyannacatching68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group but what I have found helpful for me is having a half a cup plain greek yogurt with a 1/2 cup of red grapes and about 14 halve pecans broke into pieces; this usually does the trick for me along with a bottle of water.
  • alfitzger01
    alfitzger01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love sweets. I'm always on the chocolate crave, and it's hard when the front desk always brings baked goods right at my prime craving time! I've made some really yummy date-based treats that are delicious and fulfill my need for something indulgent. They're still a dessert but I've cut the portion I make them to 1/3 of the actual serving size so I feel like I'm getting more (I like snacking). Here's the recipe I've modified from the existing one:
    Ingredients
    · 1 cup pitted medjool datesabout 10

· 1/2 cup raw almonds (can do up to 1 cup)

· 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used unsalted Almond Butter)

· 1 tablespoons maple syrup (can do up to 2 tbsps)

· 1 tablespoon coconut oil

· 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)

· 1 cup quinoa crisps (I just did ½ cup. You can crisp your own or try to find puffed & crisped quinoa)

· 1/2 cup cacao chips

Instructions
    1. In the bowl of a food processor combine the dates and nutss. Process until they resemble a coarse sand.
    2. Add nut butter, syrup, oil and cocoa powder and process until a dough forms. If the dough does not come together, add some water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
    3. Pulse in the quinoa crisps and chocolate chips.
    4. Scoop the “dough” up with a tablespoon and placae on some parchment paper (I put mine in a Tupperware and used the parchment between layers). Freeze for at least 30 minutes and then enjoy.
    5. Keep in a covered container in the freezer for best results, but they will also keep in the fridge.

Crispy quinoa:
    Cook quinoa normally, maybe with a bit less water. Once cooked, turn on your oven’s broiler, spread quinoa on a sheet pan and toast for 4 minutes. Take the quinoa out and stir it before putting back in to toast for another 3. Quinoa should be toasty brown and not burnt.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I made healthy chocolate ice cream the other night.

1/2 cup of half and half or coconut milk
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tbsp stevia or monk fruit or swerve
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tsp coffee (optional)
    1 tsp cinnamon

Heat all together on low, stirring with fork or whisk until mostly blended, cocoa will still have a few clumps.

Pour mixture into mixing bowl add one diced avocado.

Mix until smooth, freeze, enjoy

Makes about three servings!
  • dkeofkfbdjsgdvfl
    dkeofkfbdjsgdvfl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My solution have been to start eating sweet fruits/berries, and as my palate have adjusted I've gone less and less sweet.

Right now I'm working on getting my protein intake up, so I have a bowl of cottage cheese with a bit of preserve for desert. Sweet, but not candy sweet.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My solution have been to start eating sweet fruits/berries, and as my palate have adjusted I've gone less and less sweet.

Right now I'm working on getting my protein intake up, so I have a bowl of cottage cheese with a bit of preserve for desert. Sweet, but not candy sweet.

Agree, I've cut added sugars. And palate has changed. Lettuces and greens taste sweet to me now, tomatoes are super sweet. Taste buds have adjusted.