Curious - Target carbs per day?

Options

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @Fivepts I'm no expert, I don't even do a very good job of tracking the experimentation I've done on myself through my ways of eating. But, I am really sensitive to how my body is losing weight. There's really only 3 things you can lose when you decrease body mass: muscle, fat, water. My goal is fat reduction, not just body mass reduction so, I don't want to lose the muscle mass if possible and the best way to do that is ensure I'm feeding it.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I try to stay at 24 total carbs or less right now. I counted net carbs a while back and that was good too. :)
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have been averaging around 60/day. Mostly from veg. and some fruit and nuts. I intermittent fast 16/8 and My ketones during the morning is between 1 and 2 mmol. I am fairly active and strength train 4 days a week. I guess that depletes the carbs fairly quickly.
  • deetucker70
    deetucker70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Around 20-30 net a day. Mostly from veggies and 3 grams every evening from an enlightened ice cream bar which I cannot live without-yum!
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    20 or less
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    50 grams
  • LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    25 total carbs per day.
  • mkrefting
    mkrefting Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was "ketoing" for the first 4 or 5 weeks at 20 or less, but knew I would "fall off" if I kept at it. I am now shooting for 50 total carbs, but occasionally take the net carb approach. I bought some "low carb" bread (net 3 carbs per slice) and some low carb pro granola (Net 2 carbs per serving). I will have to see how it goes, and don't plan to have these every day, but if I crave a BLT, I will use the bread. Time will tell. Meantime, I joined a "lose fat party", so it isn't based on pounds lost, but fat lost. That ends next Friday, so I am anxious to see the results, since my last weight loss was 10 ounces (LOL) in two weeks, but wondering on the fat loss since pants are much looser.
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    About 20 net
  • Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @mkrefting; what brand of bread is 3 net carbs? I’ve been buying Sara Lee 45 calorie but it’s 6.5 net carbs
  • mkrefting
    Options
    I bought the seed bread and also the pro granola, and both are very good. I have only had the bread toasted though, and a bit expensive, but the 3 loaves should probably last 2 to 3 months. https://julianbakery.com/
  • mkrefting
    Options
    Stew501 wrote: »
    @mkrefting; what brand of bread is 3 net carbs? I’ve been buying Sara Lee 45 calorie but it’s 6.5 net carbs

I messed up, the seed bread has 2 Net carbs (not 3). 8 total carbs with 6 grams fiber. The progranola is cinnamon vanilla flavored and can also be used as cereal. It has 14 carbs per serving and 12 grams fiber, so 2 NET carbs. I saw a post looking for a cereal substitute somewhere but can't find that post. I realize true keto diet can't have this, but for low carbers that take fiber into consideration, these are some great items.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    20-25 net. This is my first time really aiming this low as previously I was at 35-50 net carbs, but I'm trying this for a while to really get better control on my eating habits. One week in and I feel better already.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    My goal is to stay under 100 grams net. I entered ketosis very quickly on 50 net carbs a day and I lost almost 60 pounds. I want to avoid ketosis, so I eat more carbs now.
  • NattySchmatty
    NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is has been a great read!! I am constantly worried about doing it "wrong". Thanks all!
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    kimmydear, I want to control my eating habit too ,so, 20-30 net carbs for me.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I did one year of strict, clean keto and kept my carbs under 20g/day. It was easy enough for me, but after a while I did miss eating a wider variety of veggies, fruits and nuts.

I struggled for months to get back on track, so I raised my daily cap to 50g. I needed that for "mental" comfort and flexibility. It only took a few days before I was back under 30g average!

Now that I'm back on track and feeling strong again, I'm leaving my carb cap at 35g/day. I know I'll almost always be under, but it's nice to know I can have an extra helping of veggies, a piece of fruit or spoonful of nut butter and still be on plan :)