Curious - Target carbs per day?

Options

Replies

• NikkiTheRazor
    NikkiTheRazor Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My max is 100g of carbs per day (liberal low carb diet), but most days I am in the 75-85g range. I'm not the strictest about my diet and allow myself one "cheat day" a week. Over 8 weeks I've lost 8lbs...I'm sure it would be more if I didn't do cheat days, but I'm comfortable with my pacing.

I've just added the 16:8 IF routine to my diet plan as well to see if that has any impact on weight loss. My eating window is 1pm-9pm each day.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I’ve been keto for two months and have kept the carbs under 30 total.
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My max is 100g of carbs per day (liberal low carb diet), but most days I am in the 75-85g range. I'm not the strictest about my diet and allow myself one "cheat day" a week. Over 8 weeks I've lost 8lbs...I'm sure it would be more if I didn't do cheat days, but I'm comfortable with my pacing.

I've just added the 16:8 IF routine to my diet plan as well to see if that has any impact on weight loss. My eating window is 1pm-9pm each day.

The same as @NikkiTheRazor , actually including the eating window and a cheat day.
  • wrziesmer
    wrziesmer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I aim for 30net or lower. I'm not a strict keto person. I'm trying to build good habits more than anything. Basically I'm getting over bread addictions. No beans and no sugar. I cheat a little occasionally to make it sustainable. Don't thing I've gone over 50 in 2 months.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wrziesmer wrote: »
    I aim for 30net or lower. I'm not a strict keto person. I'm trying to build good habits more than anything. Basically I'm getting over bread addictions. No beans and no sugar. I cheat a little occasionally to make it sustainable. Don't thing I've gone over 50 in 2 months.

If you're doing 30 net, that opens up so many killer southern cooking options, like fried cabbage and kielbasa, if that's a type of food you know of. So many carbs, but freakin' delicious home cooking.
  • love_minnie
    love_minnie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I aim for 17 but usually get 20 to 25 in a day
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Still at the 50 grams daily level.
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    20 net carbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,579 Member
    Options
    5%carbs is around 24 I think for me net carbs
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I keep my total carbs under 50g. I do keep an eye on my fiber, because the more carbs I eat, the more fiber I need to consume lest I get backed up. My sweet spot is more in the 25-30g total carb range, no digestive issues then.
  • 1973Michelle
    1973Michelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for under 40 net carbs. Day 4 back to basics for me I have averaged 20net so far. My goal is to loose 33lbs.
  • mrvivinwales
    mrvivinwales Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My target is about 60 carbs a day, Fibre average of 30g, does this = 30 net carbs if so is that okay?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My target is about 60 carbs a day, Fibre average of 30g, does this = 30 net carbs if so is that okay?

Your profile says you have reversed your diabetes and are no longer on medication so I'd say you're doing something right. Congrats on all that! 60 total carbs and 30 net carbs sounds great to me but I'm not diabetic. How do you feel in addition to have the diabetes under control?
  • mrvivinwales
    Options
    Really good thanks, but since going back on the low-carb I have had a couple of episodes after waking in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I have been staggering and off balance.
    I went to see my doctor and he said the cause was probably low blood pressure so he stopped one of my tablets, but it happened again last night.
    Today there was an article in the newspaper saying people on a low-carb diet can get dizzy because of a lack of salt so I am going to try using a bullion drink to increase my salt intake.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    30 net carbs is definitely keto level and 3,000 to 5,000 mg of salt per day is recommended for keto.
  • mrvivinwales
    Options
    Thank you
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've done a range over the past 3 years. I seem to lose well staying to about 30-40 net carbs per day. In maintenance, 50-80 total seems to work for me.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I started lowering my carb intake last month and had an initial goal to be at or below 100g net carbs. Since then I've settled in the 50g-75g range. I'm going to have to tweak things again soon though, since I'm continuing to lose weight and am now about ready to go under the low end of my maintenance range. I'm thinking of adjusting back up to 100g net carbs and seeing if that will stabilize my weight.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    zeejane4 wrote: »
    I started lowering my carb intake last month and had an initial goal to be at or below 100g net carbs. Since then I've settled in the 50g-75g range. I'm going to have to tweak things again soon though, since I'm continuing to lose weight and am now about ready to go under the low end of my maintenance range. I'm thinking of adjusting back up to 100g net carbs and seeing if that will stabilize my weight.

Just increasing carbs should not cause you to gain or stabilize unless it is additional calories above what you are eating now. It might cause a little water weight gain initially that will put you back to a more comfortable/higher spot in your maintenance range.

I enjoyed following your posts on the DASH Diet thread when you were doing that. I had the misfortune of a heart attack in October 2018 and both Duke University Hospital and UNC/REX recommend DASH and Mediterranean...as we might guess...at least for heart health.

Are you eating more meat than typical DASH or are you getting lots of vegetables from plant sources? I've (mostly) gone back to how I lost my excess weight with equal amounts (grams) of protein, fats and carbs. About 90 of each and get a reasonable amount of protein from both vegetables and animals.
  • niknakmac123
    niknakmac123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started about 3 weeks ago and I am averaging about 50 net carbs per day. I am losing at this amount but am going to try to drop it down to about 30 going forward.