Options
13»

Replies

• tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    3/15
    3x- Yes!
    I went shopping last week and now I’m Medium leggings, down from L and top now L from XL. I’ve been doing push up challenge and getting stronger, I can actually see and feel the difference! 😊💪🏻
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    4zexzl6j7olt.jpg
    Every month, we celebrate and share our Non-Scale-Victories. Maybe it's how you are more flexible or more fit. Maybe you fit in a smaller size of clothes.
    What is making you happy this month that is due to making a healthy habit change of life?
    For me, I'm focusing on Pilates core strength exercises to support my back and allow me to do the exercise that I love the most...riding horses.
    I've gotten much stronger and my posture is more often, much better.
    How about you...what are you excited to share?
    Rick

I love NSV day and reading everyone's posts. For me for now though, the opposite is true for all of these! Getting bigger by the day, clothes getting tighter, less energy, feel less fit. :p:D:p
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 I am SOOO happy you are back!!! Thank you so much! I've really missed you!
    Rick

Thank you so much!!!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Exercised: yep
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    yes x 3

I find NSVs to be so motivating. Like, the scale is just a data point, but actually achieving some real positive improvements in life mean so much more.

The NSV for me this month is that I haven't given up yet. I used my first 2 pass days in the first week. I have special occasions and breaks from routine everywhere in March. The likelihood of me making the winners circle with only one remaining pass day are astronomically low.

BUT!!! that means that it isn't zero yet. I have a bad habit of giving up at the slightest sign of trouble, so being able to struggle and continue means the world to me. Not just in diet and exercise, but in everything from career, life and academic settings too.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    March 16
    Exercised: 46 minutes on the mini-trampoline (and uncountable backing and forthing weeding the too-big clothes out of the OTHER closet and hord-holds.)
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes

Another bag of donations set aside - and most of my "some day I'll wear this again" clothes DO FIT again! Happy Dance, Happy Dance.

Only two dresses left it the "some day hoard" and they are both a size (two at the most) smaller than my wedding dress.
  • l_lake
    l_lake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Exercised: Yes, it was a slog, but I put in 30 minutes of running on the treadmill
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? NO
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO

Dad didn't feel up to going for his mall walk because he stayed up late watching high school basketball finals and was too tired.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    My favorite day, too!
    NSV’s:

... Making art fearlessly/enthusiastically daily!

(sighs wistfully and ever so slightly jealously .... )

that's a NSV I hope to be able to report SOME day .... but won't even start working on it until (maybe) Jan or Spring 2020.

By next month I WILL be reporting "making progress on Second Language Test practice fearlessly (for sure) / enthusiastically (kinda?) daily (needs to be part of new daily evening routine to make it stick)!"

One emotionally high-stress target goal at a time. And the SLE test has a work-related time-deadline that breaking creativity mental-blocks does not.

===============
    THIS month's NSV report ....

I bought BRAND NEW CLOTHES THREE TIMES (so far) this month! Not "new to me" from thrift store.

Including a "deck-party casual" stretchy-material dress in a Medium. (snugger-fitting line than the size Small tops I bought earlier). I don't usually wear skirts ....

And after having three bags of clothes and dresser-drawer-stuff picked up for the donation drive last Monday, I have already started a new donation pile of "no point in mending / trying to alter" clothes from the overflowing mending basket. (The thrift store also accepts "unsellable" clothes so that the cloth is still re-purposed by their warehouse and kept out of landfills)

@BMcC9
    I hear you.
    When I was insanely busy like you, I thought “how can I use a couple of minutes each day to make art?”
    My answer: I moved a small table next to my bedside with
    One inch squares I cut from a small pad of watercolor paper
    A set of watercolor pencils. A water cup, and a small brush
    Small bottle glue
    A few pages from magazines
    Some markers
    A black stamp pad
    And a set of teensy stamps.
    Micron (waterproof pen)

Before going to work, I’d create a background on one “Inchie” - sometimes a square of magazine glued down
    - sometimes a watercolor wash
    - Sometimes marks with a micron pen or with teensy stamps

When I got gone from teaching, I’d add more to the one I began. Marks, collage, color, etc.

At bedtime, I’d look at the tiny piece of earth, and add a last finishing touch...

I kept them in a small box and loved laying them out & admiring them.

Later I got a coin collector’s or slide plastic pages to store them.

I even did some with fabric straps and sewing!

Gradually, over the years, they got bigger: backs of old business cards are awesome!

I Began to cut 2” squares

Then Zentangle...larger squares

To a 5x7” notebook

Fast forward : now I’m workin 12x17 or 15 x 22” I NEVER thought I’d do that!

I can.tell you are an artist! Find one tiny thing you can do to fan that flame 🔥
    EVEN when busy as heck!

Some possibilities:
    Make 5 marks on the newspaper
    Doodle for a minute in margins of your class notes
    Draw on shower walls with water solvable markers

😀

Thank you SOOOOO much for the "start with 1-inch squares' ideas! Maybe I WON'T have to wait till after the fall after all!!

I'll work out how to work that kinda-thing into the daily-routine schedule that has to be re-tooled to fit an hour of French Review "games" most days by end of March anyway .......

@BMcC9 I am so glad you liked the idea! It really worked for me. Everything we do art-wise accumulates & snowballs, building our skills. Even doodling! I’d love to hear/see what you end up creating!

🎨
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    A bad couple of days. Out of the winners circle this month.

Not sure what is going on, but taking a day or so to try to figure it out. I have been very sluggish and struggling with cravings ... VERY unusual. Was below lower end of maintenance when I weighed the other day. Also, have been doing a lot. Thinking maybe I have been too restrictive with calories given activity level. So, will up calories a bit and try to make sure that I am adding in more when I am particularly active. Definitely think that I know how to lose but am in a learning curve in terms of learning how to maintain.

@jan110144 I wonder if you are a little tired from your travel to see family?

I’m in the boat. I’ve been more sluggish with far more cravings.

I know we will each figure this out. I’m focusing on getting my fiber & sodium back to where they were when I was losing to see if that curbs the cravings.

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    March 15
    Yes x 3
    Long walks 148 mins
    Tracked all
    Calories under 170
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    March 15, 2019

Planned - Family, friends reunions, wedding
    Pass day 2/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)