WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I've been away for the weekend and had no control over food. The food served was absolutely terrible: bread, friend chicken, lots of snacks, cakes and biscuits. I held on untill this afternoon but then seriously crashed. I was so hungry and there was all this junk, not a pretty sight....
    Now I feel terrible. I hope it hasn't ruined my week (it was going so well...)

At its worst, this is only a blip in your weight loss journey. Just get back on your plan as soon as you can and don't make it more than it is. These situations happen periodically. Remember, it is consistency not perfection that that counts.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    @Perla4686 ! You have had one bad day on a truly rough weekend, foodwise. No need to feel terrible - you were hungry, it was there. Your week continues tomorrow (or even the rest of today!) and as long as you track and hang tough on your plan, you'll be feeling fantastic again in no time. We're hoping to hear every day how it's going!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    Department of YIKES!

Team Waistaways people!!!! We are responsible for the WEEK 2 Team Challenge. We Challenge the other teams and encourage members from across F2F to try something new, be accountable about something, post about something, or whatever we want.

I'll post a few ideas shortly, but I'm hoping for some from as many of you as possible - what would you like to challenge everyone to do?

Can we do a relay. We just did one I one of our Fitbit challenge. It’s simple stepping task or calorie burn tasks and whole team can do it.

Like 6 tasks for stepping and each have its own bonus points.

5 k -8k each day 10 points each day for each member that does it

8k-15k - 20 points

Something like that

This sounds like fun, but is another thing to track points. When all the different teams are involved, it becomes a bit complicated. I love those for within our team, though - and we'll see how the stepping totals are after this first week is complete tonight. You have certainly put in some seriously impressive numbers!

I had a simpler idea - kind of a book club. Anyone who wants to participate posts about a book they have read that helped on their diet or fitness (or both) journey. Could also be videos, but I like the idea of books because they help us learn a lot more about how things work. I am sure that people have looked at a lot of different sources, and hearing about them could be inspiring to read some more. It would also be possible, of course, to post about a book you really hated!!

Any other ideas? I have to get this in soon!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of "non-MFP" resources that helped you for food, fitness OR self-care/lifesyle adjustment (books or studies or research ... maybe videos could be "motivational videos" like the one Navydad posted early last month about discipline keeps you going when motivation is in short supply)
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 10,528
    Monday 17,292
    Tuesday 18,160
    Wednesday 16,440
    Thursday 16,948
    Friday 17,002
    Saturday 13,631

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jan and @jugar. I hope I'll at least maintain or lose even 1/2 lb to keep me going. In the past any gain has often led me to give up, so fingers crossed.
    I'll keep you posted.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 8,260
    Mon - 9,753
    Tue - 8,138
    Wed - 6,359
    Thu - 8,056
    Fri - 6,769
    Sat - 8,150
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps
    March 4th- 9,770
    March 5th-10,508
    March 6th- 10,808
    March 7th- 11,108
    March 8th- 13,652
    March 9th- 10,646
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I've been away for the weekend and had no control over food. The food served was absolutely terrible: bread, friend chicken, lots of snacks, cakes and biscuits. I held on untill this afternoon but then seriously crashed. I was so hungry and there was all this junk, not a pretty sight....
    Now I feel terrible. I hope it hasn't ruined my week (it was going so well...)

Dont get discouraged just chug water like theres no tomorrow and get right back on track. I also had a bad food day yesterday but today is a new day!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    STEP CHALLENGE:

03/04/19                 8,916 
    03/05/19                 5,958 
    03/06/19              10,816 
    03/07/19                 7,871 
    03/08/19                 4,872 
    03/09/19                 3,905 
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin ....OMG a picture truly is worth a thousand words! You look amazing! Congrats on completing another race! :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    jeu6yb34z0yk.jpg

Week 2 MOD challenge! Discussion: 7 steps to never quit again!

Come join our discussion this week!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10731988/week-2-mod-challenge-discussion-7-steps-to-never-quit-again/p1?new=1
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin awesome transformation!
  • BeckiCrock
    BeckiCrock Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Check in......+1lb this week.... think it may be from my bday.... catching up with me as I maintained the week before... or the kfc burger I had thurs..... my head isn’t in it atm need to get focused
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

MARCH WEEK 1 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 91.8 lbs or 0.30% !!!

TEAM % LOST

1st - WaistAways - 0.58%
    2nd - Shrinking Assets - 0.48%
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 0.44%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - WaistAways - 30.3
    2nd - Shrinking Assets - 26.5
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 20.6

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @SLIMn2016 - 4.00%
    2nd - @iLadyT - 3.32%
    3rd - @kirsten11872 - 2.82%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @SLIMn2016 - 6.6
    2nd - @iLadyT - 6.4
    3rd - @19shmoo69 - 6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@AustinRuadhain @19shmoo69 @digger61
    @Bear479 @reflectionofme
    @h2dorsey @martinesther88
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    MrsBeckiC1 wrote: »
    Check in......+1lb this week.... think it may be from my bday.... catching up with me as I maintained the week before... or the kfc burger I had thurs..... my head isn’t in it atm need to get focused

Please check in using the format below. It will make it much easier for the captains to find and record as our weigh-ins tend to get lost if they aren't posted this way. Thank you.

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 166.6
    Current Weight: 165.9

• mari_moulin
    Options
    62e9mkmrlye8.png

WE TOOK WEEK 1!! GOOD JOB TEAM!!!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    MARCH GOALS!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day.

Week 1:

Sun - 💧📖
    Mon - 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Tue - 💧📖
    Wed - 💧📖
    Thu - 🍎💧📖
    Fri - 🍎💧📖
    Sat - 📖

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 10,419
    Mon - 25,228
    Tue - 5,265
    Wed - 7,340
    Thu - 9,993
    Fri - 8,236
    Sat - 9,454

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

I had a pretty lazy Saturday. Hubby went and bought some wine that we could try as we still haven't picked the wines for my birthday party. So we got to enjoy that with our meals yesterday. It was rainy and windy so didn't get out to do anything. I did quite a bit of reading and got lots of sleep. I will attempt to have a much better week this week. Now that my shoulder is so so much better I will be able to do some more workouts and keep busy.

twujunin31yw.jpg

Week 1 - 🍀
    Week 2 -
    Week 3 -
    Week 4 -

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    FOCUS ON FITNESS - ONE MINUTE FITNESS CHALLENGE

When most of us think about exercise, we think about carving out a chunk of time to go for a walk, go to the gym, or perform some other preferred activity. Sometimes finding the time to carve out that chunk of time to exercise can be a real challenge. Even if we manage to fit this exercise in, many of us end up going the remaining 23+ hours a day with minimal activity. For me, at least, there is usually a big chunk of time in the evening when I tend to pretty much sit and read or watch TV. Just sitting that long is really not a healthy thing to do.

So … the challenge. For this next week, commit to spend one minute every hour that you are not actually involved in exercise doing SOMETHING. Below is a list of a few things to consider and links to two resources that provide lots of additional examples of varying degrees of difficulty. Consider a variety of different exercises, or focus on ones that target specific areas that are important to you.

This is an easy way to fit in some extra exercise. It is also an easy thing to forget to do, so set the timer on your fitness watch or cell phone to alert you to get up and move.

Push-ups – If traditional push-ups are a problem for you (or if you are not up to getting on the floor), try counter or wall push-ups. (I do counter push-ups and can usually do around 25 in one minute)

Seat Squeeze – Sitting at a desk? Simply squeeze the buttocks, hold for 5-10 seconds, and release. Repeat for one minute.

Balance – Stand in front of a chair or counter. Lift one leg and balance for 30 seconds. Repeat with the other leg. (For more advanced, start with leg lifted in front of you and then move it to behind your body, while remaining on one leg).

Seated Leg Raise - While seated, straighten one or both legs and hold in place for five or more seconds. Then lower the leg(s) back to the ground without letting the feet touch the floor. Repeat (alternating legs if raising them separately) for one minute.

Ab Squeeze - take a deep breath and tighten the abdominal muscles, bringing them in towards the spine as you exhale. Stay squeezed for 5-10 seconds and release. Repeat for one minute.

Squats – You can do 10 to 15 good squats in one minute

Walk – Just walking around your house at a moderate pace, you can get in an extra 100 steps

Climb Stairs – How many times can you go up and down your stairs in one minute?

For more exercises you can do anywhere check this link: https://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere or for exercises you can do at work - https://greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work
This discussion has been closed.