WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Mar 10 steps - 9,098

A couple of pounds found there way back this morning. It's probably water weight from salt. I had bacon wrapped boneless chicken thighs and cauliflower mac and cheese for dinner last night. Even though the scale is just one data point, it's still a bit disheartening when the numbers go up instead of down. Today, it's all about the water.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I know we said we're doing something different with the step challenge this month, but I didn't see a spreadsheet for it, neither did I see a response to my post early yesterday morning with my steps for last week.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    I know we said we're doing something different with the step challenge this month, but I didn't see a spreadsheet for it, neither did I see a response to my post early yesterday morning with my steps for last week.

There is no separate page for steps any more. They are listed in a separate section at the very bottom of the weigh-in page.

When they have been entered, there will be an "insightful" comment on the relevant entry.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Motivation Monday

After my binge on the weekend, I found it hard to get my head back into the right space, craving biscuits etc. Came on here to read some success stories and that always gives me a boost, especially the photographs!
    I hope to be a success story one day...

I also have to thank all of you guys, for your support and for making it all 'normal'. I've got to stop looking at myself as failure and embrace 'normal'!
    Thanks all!

"Normal" SHOULD be "eating in the green 80-90% of the time" with the odd indulgence day, because Life Happens ... after the "owned decision to indulge" ... right back to Normal / routine the next day. The body will reset itself after a few days of "normal".

After the ginormous Italian Dinner I had Thursday ... it has taken until today to "Process and even out". I am now back to the weight I was on March 1.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Motivation Monday

I've got to stop looking at myself as failure and embrace 'normal'!
    Thanks all!

Yes!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Motivation Monday = can you give us an example of something from your past that was a POSITIVE motivation (rather than a scared-into-a-jumpstart) that gave you a motivational jolt to Keep At It (could be a fitness activity Personal Best, nutrition realization, the scale, a tape-measure, a NSV .... possibilities are endless)

Take photos and take your measurements. So often, we look to the scale to show us how well we are doing. But there are so many other ways to be encouraged and stay motivated. A lot of times, our minds don’t catch up with our bodies and we do ourselves a disservice thinking we look bad or the same. Look at that starting photo, even if only a month, and that photo may tell a whole different story. We don’t even realize it.

Also, break out that measuring tape and measure yourself once a month. Many times, when the scale doesn’t move, the tape measure does. It is motivating when you lose 13 1/2 inches (all over) in a month. And you can log it in the progress section of MFP.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Motivation Monday
    I lost weight (and looked great and loved it & felt great) about 15 yrs ago. Had a new coworker who was very encouraging. Thinking about that time tells me I can do it. Biggest point was consistency and sticking with it. Mostly mental
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 159.8
    CW: 159.4
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 7,768 (I must have fallen asleep otherwise, I would have walked around my house in circles until I got to 8,000)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    March 1---8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Steps

Sunday 7,768 (I must have fallen asleep otherwise, I would have walked around my house in circles until I got to 8,000)

:smiley:
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    3/11 - 15, 659

45 minutes of circuit training at the gym helped with this number. Before I even started the workout I was at 10,575. Hope all these steps will help the scale to move in the right direction.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday Need to vent? Something puzzling you? Have a question?

Let it loose. See what the combined knowledge and varied experiences of Team WaistAways can come up with to support and strategize.

(Which translates as "respond to others' posts")
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I am also adding "Think It Through" to the Tuesday possibilities. Here is the list of 7 STEPS
    to never want to quit again! They will be discussing #3 today ...

1. Look at past fitness/weight loss failures as data sets.
    2. List what sounds FUN/always WANTED to do.
    3. List small layers you can add in.
    4. Forget perfection and focus on progress.
    5. Self awareness + self forgiveness + backnto it.
    6. Determine WHO are you fighting for.
    7. See setbacks as opportunity for come back.

Break down whatever is between you and something you want/need to do (not restricted to nutrition or exercise if you currently have a good routine going) What is a baby step you can do towards this end goal. Make THAT your time-limited milestone goal.

As a private exercise .... List small layer you can add one at a time, to get to doing what sounds FUN / you always WANTED to do.

Work backwards - Can't do [final] until / unless I have Z; can't get Z until / unless I have Y; etc etc ... until you get to "Hey, I COULD do/get THAT!"

The only parts you need bring here to share (and ONLY IF YOU WISH TO) are
    • the "What I COULD do/get NOW"
    • one or two additional layers that would come next
    • your Ultimate "Always Wanted To"

• BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Here is the link to the complete multi-team discussion of all seven steps. Come join in, and read back on what people discussed about the earlier points!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10731988/week-2-mod-challenge-discussion-7-steps-to-never-quit-again/p1?new=1
    6cv0f5u9uwjf.jpeg[/cente]
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/11 - 10,745
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    MARCH GOALS!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️ 🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖📖📖📖📖

Week 1:

Sun - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Mon - 💧📖
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 13,097
    Mon - 8,069
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

Dragging. My TOM has finally arrived and now im so low on energy. I started my iron tablets and trying to keep hydrated and away from snacks!

twujunin31yw.jpg

Week 1 - 🍀
    Week 2 -
    Week 3 -
    Week 4 -
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Talk it out Tuesday.

As you know I’ve had a few health challenges of late.. as a result I was stressed the last few weeks and wasn’t eating as well as I was earlier in the year.

Although I’ve now been told that I am “in the clear” I am finding it tough to get my motivation back.

I’m not beating myself up about it, but it isn’t really very rational. I’m sticking to my food logging, so if I eat four cookies it goes in. But I need to figure out a way to flip the switch back to the mindset I had earlier this year..

Just needed to vent, thanks for your support.
This discussion has been closed.