WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My. numbers are still down,I am trying hard to watch what I eat. I have to work harder.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Reading back over the various challenges many have faced this past week, whether due to external factors like teething babies, or internal struggles like adapting long-standing late-night snacking habits ....

I'd like to declare today "Sustainable Self-Care Sunday"

Do something just for YOU that you enjoy (it can be however you define "fun"! Something meditative / relaxing OR something active and energizing.

The only "qualifying factor" I ask that you consider, is that it be something that you can visualize as becoming a sustainable, on-going part of how you see your re-shaped "just-what-I-do" life. (like the strawberries-instead-of-cookie incident).

Let us know what you did.

I savored my coffee (Salted Caramel flavour) while sitting in the morning sun coming through my kitchen window.

This afternoon I went over to my BFF's house - and one of the things that came up for discussion was the need for connecting with a wider circle of other women (including a recently-retired friend of hers that I am acquainted with. Hopefully that will evolve over the summer .... all of us are crafty, and could bring hand-work to wherever we are gathering. I plan to start working more hand-work time into my life starting in the summer.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will be "jogging around" my virtual world, where it is eternally Late Spring. Cherry trees and tulip fields in bloom .... all the natives dressed in 'beach casual' styles .... always a Great Escape for me.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Today I had Sustainable Self-Care Sunday Snowshoeing!

OK, it isn't really sustainable - the snow will go away :'( - but it was PERFECT today. Yesterday was the opposite. Yesterday was too warm, so the snow was too soft, and it was hopelessly deep. After 15 minutes I was wiped out, and turned around and came back, which was almost as bad. But today, it was colder so I could crunch along on top of all the snow and go everywhere. I almost didn't go, thinking it would be as bad as yesterday, but finally skipped vacuuming (heh heh) and spent a fantastic hour in the woods.

Then I went to my best friend's house for a long walk. I am totally with you, @BMcC9 , about connecting with a circle of women. I have made a commitment to build my friend circle back up now that I am not working like a crazy person. This weekend has been great for that - a dinner with 10 of us who used to get together all the time when our children were really young, then yesterday one of those amazing women came over to suffer in the deep snow with me, and today walking with another friend. It is an effort sometimes to get out there and see people, but it makes a big difference.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Steps

They are not as impressive this week.

Sunday 12,223
    Monday 18,019
    Tuesday 16,752
    Wednesday 9,342
    Thursday 20,865
    Friday 11,111
    Saturday 12,210

They are VERY impressive. You should be proud of those numbers. 😊
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/17- 9,575
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    This past week has been challenging. Two VERY BAD food days, for the first time in months. I had a cold and cough, which led to poor sleep, which led to getting very tired and mega eating of comfort food. I am also struggling with eating enough food. Was actually down to 130 before the eating spree. While 130 is at the low end of my maintenance range, I actually think that it is too low.

Back on track now. I love the fact that a day or two of bad eating did not turn into months of bad eating! I am pre-planning food to try to get calories up (without resorting to junk food to do it ... in which case it is easy :smiley: ). This is a bit of a challenge as my exercise levels remain fairly high, meaning that I need to eat 2300 to 2400 calories a day to maintain. My goal this week is to figure this out!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

MARCH WEEK 2 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 56.6 lbs or 0.20% !!!

TEAM % LOST

1st - Weight No More - 0.34%
    2nd - Shrinking Assets - 0.32%
    3rd - Trimstones - 0.18%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Weight No More - 18.0
    2nd - Shrinking Assets - 15.0
    3rd - Trimstones - 9.0

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @BMcC9 - 2.62%
    2nd - @ConfidentRaven - 2.03%
    3rd - @jactop - 1.96%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @confidentraven - 7.2
    2nd - @jactop - 4.2
    2nd - @evangsimmons170 - 4.2
    3rd - @vickster11111 - 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@shadow2641
    @dee_toronto
    @LaurieWrobo
    @martinesther88
    @Coleen312
    @cassiegetsfit
    @Luciicul
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @jugar That connection with other women/people is a very great support step. It's one of the blue zone factors that affected longevity. I need to work on the same thing as well.
    Also need to get my step counter fixed and back on.
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Astrue
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 144.9
    CW 144.2
  • jugar
    Options
    Monday already almost over.

I have not had much motivation today - so I did a lot of cooking ahead for the week. My son brings all his meals to work, so we make LOTS of food for dinners. He is one of those lucky people who is in great shape, barely manages to keep enough weight on his body, and can eat like a fiend. Of course, he's 22, works at a physically demanding job, and plays basketball at least 2 nights a week after work. I'm not jealous, really I'm not.

So it's momma Monday. Going to call mine. She's still doing great at almost 89, so I'm trying to keep up.
  • jugar
    edited March 2019
    Options
    And congratulations to my co-captain @BMcC9 !!!!!!! Great job on the weight loss last week!

And @evangsimmons170 and @martinesther88 ! Great job. Even though our team fell off the board this week, you all kept up the great work. Thanks - we will all try to earn being your teammates this week!
  • jugar
    Options
    Astrue wrote: »
    Astrue
    Weigh in day Monday
    PW 144.9
    CW 144.2

Good one! Can you also post your steps for last week? I have Sunday and Monday, but need from Tuesday on. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Housekeeping!

Sunday overdue weigh-in:
    @MrsBeckiC1

due today!
    @evangsimmons170
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

And no one weighs in on Tuesday anymore. That means everyone has a perfect Tuesday, right?
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    March Steps:

1--8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
    11-7,100
    12-6,500
    13-6,200
    14-4,500
    15-4,526
    16-8,845
    17-10,135
    18-10,674
  • martinesther88
    Options
    Steps march 18th~ 16,038
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Does Extra-Virgin Olive Oil go stale if it was never unsealed / opened?

I just found a bottle in the back of my pantry.... and don't know how long it's been there ......

I thought I would ask BEFORE possibly using it in the Seitan recipe.

It does have a limited shelflife, I would Google to find out. I know it can go rancid.

And Congrats on your results of last week.!
  • martinesther88
    Options
    Green March challenge i pledged 8lb but dont see it on our chart, could it be put up there? Thanks 😁
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 159.4
    CW: 156.2
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Took a 35 minute walk today. Ate within calories (with some of the exercise calories). Had my water. Logged everything.

Steps
    Sunday 8,161
    Monday 9,811
This discussion has been closed.