WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Happy week 2 everyone! We had a FANTASTIC week 1. Let's keep it up!
  • jugar
    Options
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

You may want to share with all other teams by posting in each thread. Not everyone checks the main group page and they may miss it.
  • jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

You may want to share with all other teams by posting in each thread. Not everyone checks the main group page and they may miss it.

In the process of doing that! thanks :smiley:
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a bit behind. I may have already posted some of these.
    3/6 - 10,214
    3/7 - 12,118
    3/8 - 9,437
    3/9 - 10,020
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sorry so absent. Have had a bunch of tests. Happy to report it appears nothing more exciting than blot clots going on. Gained a bit this week due to a bit of stress eating but think I will get back on track this upcoming week. Thanks for your support.

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW: 167.8
    CW: 168.8
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    March 1---8,337
    2--4,221
    3--8,094
    4--11,842
    5--11,300
    6--11,450
    7--11,000
    8--11,790
    9-6,463
    10- 5,200
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!!! Go team. Great work!!🎉👏🏼👍🏻
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    I hope all of you in North America remembered to change your clocks last night ... I'll be getting up in the dark again for the next little while ....
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3-10. 6,500 may be more but my watch died.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Motivation Monday = can you give us an example of something from your past that was a POSITIVE motivation (rather than a scared-into-a-jumpstart) that gave you a motivational jolt to Keep At It (could be a fitness activity Personal Best, nutrition realization, the scale, a tape-measure, a NSV .... possibilities are endless)
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I feel so Motivated today (despite it still being soooooooooo DARK out there ate this hour) after all I accomplished this weekend.
    • I have "undone the damage" from last Thursday's ginormous Italian Dinner;
    • gotten back to my March 1 weight as of this morning;
    • cleared all the clutter out of what will be my study-room (just couldn't concentrate in there with all the TWELVE cloth-grocery bags of mixed-value paper at my back. Maybe there is something to that Feng-Sui idea of spatial arrangement affecting the flow of energy in a room after all .... );
    • packed up all my now-too-big three-season clothes including the ones that were still too small last year in time for this morning's Donation Drive pickup;
    • rearranged my dresser drawers and added even MORE (non-clothing items) to the donation bags;
    • get to do some massive similar sorting in the office records room starting today ....
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Sorry so absent. Have had a bunch of tests. Happy to report it appears nothing more exciting than blot clots going on. Gained a bit this week due to a bit of stress eating but think I will get back on track this upcoming week. Thanks for your support.

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW: 167.8
    CW: 168.8

I'm so pleased to hear you are feeing well Andrea. with so much going on and all the stress you have been under I think a 1 lb. gain is not too bad. This will be down before you know it.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Motivation Monday = can you give us an example of something from your past that was a POSITIVE motivation (rather than a scared-into-a-jumpstart) that gave you a motivational jolt to Keep At It (could be a fitness activity Personal Best, nutrition realization, the scale, a tape-measure, a NSV .... possibilities are endless)

A positive motivation for me was not too far in the past. It was 3 years ago when I decided to walk a 10 K with some friends. I didn't do very well at all but the encouragement I got from my friends and loved ones and the pride I felt to have completed that 10K really got me going. I told myself that a year from that day I would run my first 5k. A year later I did just that. I came in last and I went slow as a turtle but I did it. And that day I told myself a year later I will do it again but I will beat my time by at least 5 minutes. Well I did it again.....yesterday, and I beat my time by 10 minutes. A year from now I will be doing it again and will run a 5 k in under 30 minutes. I know I will......maybe, who knows, even sooner than that!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    FOCUS ON FITNESS - ONE MINUTE FITNESS CHALLENGE

When most of us think about exercise, we think about carving out a chunk of time to go for a walk, go to the gym, or perform some other preferred activity. Sometimes finding the time to carve out that chunk of time to exercise can be a real challenge. Even if we manage to fit this exercise in, many of us end up going the remaining 23+ hours a day with minimal activity. For me, at least, there is usually a big chunk of time in the evening when I tend to pretty much sit and read or watch TV. Just sitting that long is really not a healthy thing to do.

So … the challenge. For this next week, commit to spend one minute every hour that you are not actually involved in exercise doing SOMETHING. Below is a list of a few things to consider and links to two resources that provide lots of additional examples of varying degrees of difficulty. Consider a variety of different exercises, or focus on ones that target specific areas that are important to you.

This is an easy way to fit in some extra exercise. It is also an easy thing to forget to do, so set the timer on your fitness watch or cell phone to alert you to get up and move.

Push-ups – If traditional push-ups are a problem for you (or if you are not up to getting on the floor), try counter or wall push-ups. (I do counter push-ups and can usually do around 25 in one minute)

Seat Squeeze – Sitting at a desk? Simply squeeze the buttocks, hold for 5-10 seconds, and release. Repeat for one minute.

Balance – Stand in front of a chair or counter. Lift one leg and balance for 30 seconds. Repeat with the other leg. (For more advanced, start with leg lifted in front of you and then move it to behind your body, while remaining on one leg).

Seated Leg Raise - While seated, straighten one or both legs and hold in place for five or more seconds. Then lower the leg(s) back to the ground without letting the feet touch the floor. Repeat (alternating legs if raising them separately) for one minute.

Ab Squeeze - take a deep breath and tighten the abdominal muscles, bringing them in towards the spine as you exhale. Stay squeezed for 5-10 seconds and release. Repeat for one minute.

Squats – You can do 10 to 15 good squats in one minute

Walk – Just walking around your house at a moderate pace, you can get in an extra 100 steps

Climb Stairs – How many times can you go up and down your stairs in one minute?

For more exercises you can do anywhere check this link: https://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere or for exercises you can do at work - https://greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work

I really like this challenge. Very easy to fit into a busy schedule.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Motivation Monday ...

This is recent, not distant, pass. I need to thank my friend Nancy (which I have). She lost 40 pounds and looked so good. I looked at myself and said "Enough is enough. If she can do this, so can you!".

You never know just how much you can influence someone (without ever saying a word :smile: )
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I've been away for the weekend and had no control over food. The food served was absolutely terrible: bread, friend chicken, lots of snacks, cakes and biscuits. I held on until this afternoon but then seriously crashed. I was so hungry and there was all this junk, not a pretty sight....
    Now I feel terrible. I hope it hasn't ruined my week (it was going so well...)

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think the majority of us struggle on the weekends. I know I do. I always come out of the weekend a good 2 lbs. heavier and spend half my week trying to repair the damage. The important thing is to forgive yourself and not give up. Just keep going....fall down 7 times stand up 8! take it one day at a time. You've got this. x <3
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    MARCH GOALS!

Name: Mari

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete 5 - 30 minute workouts this week. Any form of workout counts. 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️ 🏋🏻‍♀️

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week. 🍎🍎🍎🍎

HYDRATION: Drink 2 liters of water every single day!!!! 💧💧💧💧💧💧

SELF-CARE: Take some time for yourself and read a little each day. 📖📖📖📖📖📖

Week 1:

Sun - 🏋🏻‍♀️🍎💧📖
    Mon -
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 13,097
    Mon -
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:

I had a great Sunday. I ran a 5k with a friend of mine it was my best time ever. Finished in 31.02 minutes! I drank my water, stayed under my calorie goal, got some time for reading, and had a good nights rest. I hope I can continue on like this all week.

twujunin31yw.jpg

Week 1 - 🍀
    Week 2 -
    Week 3 -
    Week 4 -
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jeu6yb34z0yk.jpg

Week 2 MOD challenge! Discussion: 7 steps to never quit again!

TODAY WE DISCUSS STEP 2!! Come on in and give us your thoughts!

Come join our discussion this week!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10731988/week-2-mod-challenge-discussion-7-steps-to-never-quit-again/p1?new=1
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Motivation Monday

After my binge on the weekend, I found it hard to get my head back into the right space, craving biscuits etc. Came on here to read some success stories and that always gives me a boost, especially the photographs!
    I hope to be a success story one day...

I also have to thank all of you guys, for your support and for making it all 'normal'. I've got to stop looking at myself as failure and embrace 'normal'!
    Thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.