TEAM: Run Track Minds (May)

Replies

• JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track: No
    Calories: Borderline
    Water: not quite enough
    Exercise: I was prepared for Taekwondo, but my oldest was sick. So no...
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited May 2019
    #Wedneslay!
    hza6vzd500pt.jpg
    The more I chat with you and comment, the more uplifting and positive words my brain sees and hears. Hubby & I were talking about his attitude and having a positive outlook on situations. And how what you say, your brain hears. “Garbage in, Garbage out.” My hubby told me that it’s easy for me because I’m always positive and things come easy for me. I told him. No. I have to work at it every day. I reminded that there are sticky notes in my bathroom and that I use daily affirmations. And at work, I have posted the ‘positivity pledge.’ Sure some days are easier than others, but I still have to let my brain hear good words to keep my attitude and outlook on life up and sunny. So… what have you said to yourself lately for your brain to hear? Was it positive or negative?
    s1y3mfpp68q6.jpg
  • johicks
    Boy oh boy! Maybe it wasn't just my stomach yesterday. LOL Two days in a row I put the wrong day. Oh well! My MFP diary is correct, calories on point, and exercise on track. My health plan has had a few good days in a row, regardless of what date I posted here. Hahaha! Good thing I’m the captain or whomever it could've been would be very confused. Hahaha. I’m starting my day excited as I fought off the urge to eat after my belly ache went away. Then I thought of all of you and some of the encouraging words and reminded myself how much of a setback (on the scale) a nighttime snack can be and how dangerous it is for me to go back into the “closed kitchen.” Then stood there, literally stood there at the foot of the bed and thought, now what!? So I washed my face, brushed my teeth, then went back to my side of the bed and marched in place for 10 minutes.
    I’m going to have to put a cardio routine together this morning, as it’s raining again! It’s like mother nature is a month behind or something. Isn’t it supposed to be April ☔⛆ bring May 🥀💮🎕. Anyhoo… it gives me a few extra minutes to catch up with you. Hubby is still sleeping, so no machines until he’s awake. Plus I want to see what videos or DVDs I could do for something different and to utilize more muscles, too. :D

We are 1.5 weeks away from the end of the aMAYzing MAY Challenge. Be sure to have a weigh-in for week #5 to be carried over to the June challenge, or you will have to re-register in the June challenge. Let me know if you have questions.

@JamieD328~ Wooohooo! Nice loss for week #4 of 5. One more week of the challenge give it a good push for the end. Darn,no Taekwondo. Are you able to do any exercise videos at home? Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back in the saddle. You can do it. You had a great loss. Keep it going!
    @skullsandskeletons~ You’re welcome. Happy to help. Oh I’m so glad that it was a nighttime weigh-in thing! Next time if you know you’re going out of town, just let me know you’re weighing in a day late. :) No worries, then. BUT! This did give you an opportunity to look at NSV’s. And I’m glad you made note of them. Yeah!!! And Tuesday.. Back on track! Yes! Slaying it! And yes, I am feeling better.
    @jwall309~ Yeah an under calorie day. I’m glad you have a plan for the holiday for eating/tracking. And your holiday vaca sounds fun!!
    @MaelynMayhem ~ LOL Alex too funny! I did work up a little sweat yesterday for my 30minute workout w/resistance! Yeah! Thanks for that meme. I missed your Tuesday daily post. Did you fall asleep early again? Hope the storms aren’t in your area, too. HUGS.
    @ajaia2001~ Oh scary!! Glad you’re all okay. Way to #Tueslay!! Go you!
    @jupdyke~ #Tueslay- you did it, too! And what is ramming?
    @klilev~ Crazy!! ❄⛄❆🏂❆ Glad you had a good and fun Tuesday. :)

Okay… I think that’s everyone! Time to get in my am cardio! I have myself in my own 16-day Challenge to push myself through the holiday and to June 2. And then I have a nice at-home spa day planned as a reward for pushing so hard. I’ll chat more someday about rewards. I need to get exercising!! :)

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    co3hmuw4wlat.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over, 1450/1390
    Exercise: No
    Water: Getting better
    Day: Another ok day of getting back on track, nothing exciting to report. Week can't go by fast enough, just want to be on the beach

Weigh in this morning (Wednesday) was a little better down .8 from the 1.2 gain, so all I'm hoping for tomorrow is to be the same as last week, that would be down another .4 pounds from today which is doable.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday 5/21)

Track: nope
    Calories: Oooh, definitely over
    Water: 70 oz
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! (Into the Breach - 47 minutes)
    Day: So, I saw my primary care finally. She does think it's my electrolytes, more specifically that all this time that I thought I was doing good with water I was hurting myself and flushing them out. It's why my water is so low today and will continue to be low. 70 oz is my max right now, and likely later today I am going to get a phone call restricting that further. That news hit me harder than I thought it would. I had slip up yesterday. I had two binges. But you see they were not just ordinary binges, they were bulimic binges, meaning I started them with markers so if I purged I would know when to stop throwing up. I didn't purge anything, but I was probably a good half step from it, and it definitely would not have helped my sodium or potassium levels any. I felt kind of pointless and just collapsed in my chair staring at the TV but not really watching it for a couple of hours, lost to my own reverie. How was I going to start my mornings if I couldn't start it with water? What to drink if I couldn't drink water while working out? What to drink to battle the dehydration of the lithium? How bad had I screwed up my body by thinking I was doing so good? What else had I done?

Then I went on my only walk of the day and one song by Nickleback, "Savin' Me" it was like the person inside of me was singing out to me. "All I need is you...All I scream for you...Show me what's it's like to be the last one standing...And I'll show you what I can be...say it if it's worth savin' me." There's more but those are the ones that really hit me. Am I worth saving me? Yes. That's what these past few months have been about, saving that person that I know is really inside of me, not this outer shell that has come into existence. So, I am going to give up caffeine, reduce my water to whatever number my doctor thinks that I should to save me. I made a mistake thinking I was doing good. Who hasn't? I caught mine in time. I will recover, and will even begin to resume running some day soon (doctor approval pending). I'm going to be okay. I'm not giving up and going back, I'm saving me.

My day.
    1) Finally got the blood work done to determine what's going on.
    2) I learned my fight's not over.
    3) I'm stronger from today.

Myself
    1) I grow stronger from my weak points
    2) I like my eyes, they change color based on lighting and mood
    3) I like my willingness to do what needs to be done for my own good.
  • JamieD328
    So my eight year old daughter, unprompted, points out a detail on stranger things 2 that I would not have thought of, though sounds weirdly intentional, and belongs on a buzzfeed list of "Eleven things you didn't notice in..."
    She points out that everyone is together except Eleven, and I tell her they can only fix their problems when everyone (adults, teens, kids) comes together. She turns to me and says, "There's only 10, get it? Ten people right now. They need Eleven."

Now that I have shared that with somebody: Do any of you have suggestions on fitness trackers? I have been trying to get my fitbit to work to no avail, and I am not sure if I should get something different.
  • MaelynMayhem
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    Now that I have shared that with somebody: Do any of you have suggestions on fitness trackers? I have been trying to get my fitbit to work to no avail, and I am not sure if I should get something different.

I have you tried resetting it, and redownloading the app?

• JamieD328
    @MaelynMayhem I did that after I looked up troubleshooting for it this morning. The app then finds it but never connects. The screen had stopped working was why I knew there was an issue. It will light up when I put it on the charger, show that it's charged, but it won't do anything else.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Today has been a very stressful day. The mayor decided to flood parts of my town to release pressure off the levees from all the rain and now the sirens are going off cause we again got more tornadoes on the ground 🤦‍♀️👎 so off to my shelter place.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Daily post Wednesday May 22
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no

Today was okay. I went over calories but it wasn’t too awful. Family stopped by and we went to a buffet per their request. I had kind of planned ahead but then indulged anyway. Oh well. It won’t make a big difference.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Daily Post (Wednesday 5/22)

Track: yes
    Calories: under, Limit: 1500/Actual: 1468
    Water: 82 oz
    Exercise: Zombies, Run (Hello - 45 minutes)
    Day: In a lot of ways better than yesterday, though some of the news was worse. All my labs came back normal, which means the problem is with my heart. So, I'm going to get a monitor to wear for three days and then turn in. I'm restricted on activity now as well. I'm told to basically take it easy until they figure out what is going on. They (my dietitian and doctor) increase the limit on my water to 100 oz, but no more and stick as close to 70 as I can. So, no more long walks, no dance aerobics, no intense exercise. I think my infection has finally passed, but still taking the meds through Friday, just to make sure.

My Day
    1) My dietitian said I am doing good with my fruits and vegetables.
    2) We removed no fast food as a goal from my list due to the fact I haven't had it in almost five months.
    3) I hadn't flushed my electrolytes.

Myself
    1) My body is more resilient than I give it credit for
    2) I have a good sense of colors for artistic purposes
    3) I am dedicated to taking my meds as prescribed.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    johicks wrote: »
    Boy oh boy! Maybe it wasn't just my stomach yesterday. LOL Two days in a row I put the wrong day. Oh well! My MFP diary is correct, calories on point, and exercise on track. My health plan has had a few good days in a row, regardless of what date I posted here. Hahaha! Good thing I’m the captain or whomever it could've been would be very confused. Hahaha. I’m starting my day excited as I fought off the urge to eat after my belly ache went away. Then I thought of all of you and some of the encouraging words and reminded myself how much of a setback (on the scale) a nighttime snack can be and how dangerous it is for me to go back into the “closed kitchen.” Then stood there, literally stood there at the foot of the bed and thought, now what!? So I washed my face, brushed my teeth, then went back to my side of the bed and marched in place for 10 minutes.
    I’m going to have to put a cardio routine together this morning, as it’s raining again! It’s like mother nature is a month behind or something. Isn’t it supposed to be April ☔⛆ bring May 🥀💮🎕. Anyhoo… it gives me a few extra minutes to catch up with you. Hubby is still sleeping, so no machines until he’s awake. Plus I want to see what videos or DVDs I could do for something different and to utilize more muscles, too. :D

We are 1.5 weeks away from the end of the aMAYzing MAY Challenge. Be sure to have a weigh-in for week #5 to be carried over to the June challenge, or you will have to re-register in the June challenge. Let me know if you have questions.

@JamieD328~ Wooohooo! Nice loss for week #4 of 5. One more week of the challenge give it a good push for the end. Darn,no Taekwondo. Are you able to do any exercise videos at home? Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back in the saddle. You can do it. You had a great loss. Keep it going!
    @skullsandskeletons~ You’re welcome. Happy to help. Oh I’m so glad that it was a nighttime weigh-in thing! Next time if you know you’re going out of town, just let me know you’re weighing in a day late. :) No worries, then. BUT! This did give you an opportunity to look at NSV’s. And I’m glad you made note of them. Yeah!!! And Tuesday.. Back on track! Yes! Slaying it! And yes, I am feeling better.
    @jwall309~ Yeah an under calorie day. I’m glad you have a plan for the holiday for eating/tracking. And your holiday vaca sounds fun!!
    @MaelynMayhem ~ LOL Alex too funny! I did work up a little sweat yesterday for my 30minute workout w/resistance! Yeah! Thanks for that meme. I missed your Tuesday daily post. Did you fall asleep early again? Hope the storms aren’t in your area, too. HUGS.
    @ajaia2001~ Oh scary!! Glad you’re all okay. Way to #Tueslay!! Go you!
    @jupdyke~ #Tueslay- you did it, too! And what is ramming?
    @klilev~ Crazy!! ❄⛄❆🏂❆ Glad you had a good and fun Tuesday. :)

Okay… I think that’s everyone! Time to get in my am cardio! I have myself in my own 16-day Challenge to push myself through the holiday and to June 2. And then I have a nice at-home spa day planned as a reward for pushing so hard. I’ll chat more someday about rewards. I need to get exercising!! :)

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).

@johicks Ramming just meand driving all over. Basically a taxi for my teenagers. Lol
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Over by about 300, but still under mfp goal
    Exercise: Biceps and Back Strength training
    Day: A pretty good day. Another day closer to the school year ending. My foot is a bit achy tonight. My plan is to get up and run in the a.m. we shall see.
  • johicks
    No need to start on Monday!
    #Thurslay!
    bomm0a3yulke.jpg
  • johicks
    Daily Post (Wednesday 5/22)
    Track: Yes. All day.
    Calories: At my high limit- 1400 cals
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 12
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 40 Min
    • One post-dinner snack: Yes.
    • Kitchen Closed!
    I had a late night with mom. She asked me to plan to eat out at one of two choices, so I did. I did good in the calorie department, but not on the pocketbook. Why does it cost so much to eliminate food from a “dinner” or “basket”? So we made a game plan for the next time we ate there. We know what we can split or my choice for next time. Living and learning. So I also tried to sleep-in, hence my late posting. Hubby & I have had some QT this am. 😍 I still need to get in my morning exercise, planning, pre-logging, and plating dinner; plus respond to ya’ll. So I better get to it!

• johicks
    edited May 2019
    @jwall309~ Jessica, I hope the weather cooperates!! I enjoy watching your journey to learn how to fit in socializing in a healthy way.
    @MaelynMayhem~ What a couple of whirlwind days for you medically. Phew whee! I had a suggestion for your low limit of water, but you may not need it. I thought getting an 8oz water bottle, and make those water beads to put on your bottle. Since you have that habit of having a bottle with you, then you just sip and track with the beads. Have you ever seen those water beads? Glad you didn’t purge. Glad to read your Wednesday went a little better. BIG HUGS Oh I’m glad that you were able to get in some walking and they figured out it wasn’t your electrolytes. But it is your 💗 which is a bummer. NO activity. But overall health is the goal. The dedication you are devoting to your health is inspirational. Keep doing your best.
    @jupdyke ~ never heard of ramming. As long as you aren’t ramming into other vehicles. LOL Back strengthening…. Hmmmm. Yeah another day closer to summer! Our kids had too many snow days and have to make up 2-3 days. :( Doesn’t affect me, I’m kidless. But our weather doesn’t even feel near summer temps yet. Feels like fall lately. Hope you got a Thursday am run in!
    @JamieD328~ I’m going to have to Google “stranger things 2” to get the gist of that conversation. LOL And I’m of no help with fitness trackers, I just use the stopwatch or timer on my phone. LOL. Good luck with that search and technology.
    @ajaia2001~ A good Wednesday, except having to take shelter. I saw the news this morning about a city in, MO. Hope you are alright and everyone in those areas. Yikes!!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Your tracking and posting daily. That’s a great step of accountability and making the move towards positive weight loss for life.
    @Gustaaf85~ yes, much better than a gain. And I hear you about losing being so hard. Hope the coach helps you achieve your goals.

I was in a cycle from late 2017 through 2018 of telling myself, oh I can do this! I did it before. But then every night… binge. And I remember telling myself, oh it doesn’t matter. I will restart tomorrow. And since I’m restarting tomorrow, I might as well enjoy what I can right this moment. Well, that added up very fast!! And then all pains really hit me and my clothes started to get very tight! (I had given away all my fat clothes.) So… I asked myself, what did I do before that worked? 1) stopped the nighttime eating after dinner, 2) drank more water, 3) tracked every day, and 4) exercised daily. So I slowly started doing one of these at a time. Tracking everything no matter what is huge for me! I’m back onto a good path. And as long as I don't’ complicate things, I feel like I can do this!

Okay gang!! Have a great day! Gotta get my other am tasks in. It’s important to me to make time for me. :)

• johicks
    Here's what I meant about those water bead trackers.
    g2vzb20u5w62.jpg
  • jwall309
    Jwall309
    Week 4
    Thursday
    PW: 176.0
    CW: 175.6

Considering where I was 2 days ago (177.2), I'll take it! The minimal loss will be my motivator to stay on track this weekend, and keep my eating at maintenance at the most and ideally lower. I'm really trying to make May a better month than April, although maybe I need to adjust my attitude towards rate of loss. In April I lost 4 pounds, and I'm on track to do the same for May. I lost 5.6 pounds in March, which was my first full month on this journey so I think it set my mind up to want a quicker loss. If my May ends up being a 4 pound loss, I need to adjust my thinking to be happy with that rate because it still averages out to 1 pound a week. Easier said than done, but I'll need to at least try!
  • jwall309
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under, 1312/1390
    Exercise: No
    Water: Eh, ok
    Day: Really wanted a snack after dinner, but thought about weigh-in this morning and that was enough to resist. BF ate a slice of pizza around 10 pm which triggered wanting a snack, but luckily I was able to talk myself out of it! Ran out of food to pack for lunch for Thursday, so I'll need to plan something healthy to buy. Luckily there are several salad places around my office I can walk to, just have to decide which one.... Have Friday off, so just need to get through the work day Thursday then its time for my long weekend vacation!!
This discussion has been closed.