WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 @Terytha @kx7003 and @mari_moulin Hope you all soon feel better. It’s so hard when we don’t feel 100%. Keep at it, do what you can and remember self care. You’ll get there and we’ll all be there cheering you on.

@mari_moulin your body just went through a major surgery, your body is going to prioritize healing over losing weight. I know you’ll do it. Don’t worry about our status. I for one, don’t care if we are 1st place or any place. It’s nice when it happens, but the most important thing to me is the support we get here from each other. Keep checking in if it’s what you want to do.

@evangsimmons170 you are already a healthier version of you. Your steps are amazing. Something is up for sure. Hope the swelling subsides soon.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!!! You, friends, are beautiful!!😊❤️🎉

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    Don’t be silly @matthewsfive this is real life we will all have loss and gains and this teams results have to reflect that accuarately. No one just keeps losing weight there will come a point even with the same exercise and low calorie consumption even the most perfect persons body will get used to those factors and simply maintain. A bit like how humans become resistant to antibiotics eventually. If u don’t participate there is a high chance you fall off the wagon completely and give up. The point of this team is two fold - yes one to see if our team loses the most weight but two to make sure we all stay on track and don’t go back to old unhealthy weight gaining habits. I’ve gained 4 pounds this week so I know I’ve suffered a set back but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to weigh in. This week has helped me understand what factors which are out with my control make me gain. For me this week I’ve been ill and I’ve been commuting all over the place and not tracking properly so I now know those two elements have contributed to my gain. The next time I have a busy week I need to preplan and keep healthy food with me and take supplements like echinacea to boost my immune system or next time I’ll gain again.

This should be for @mari_moulin -- the quote about staying out of the challenge was from her, and I wholeheartedly agree with both @matthewsfive and @kx7003 that Mari Stays In. @kx7003 says it beautifully. Your plan is terrific, and will work. You learned, you were ill, and now you'll be OK.

Mari - your body just went through a huge change. You had several pounds of skin removed in one go, and I imagine that the good old "homeostasis" mechanisms have stepped up big time. Our bodies do NOT like big changes all in one go, and they do everything possible to keep things the same. Give it a chance to get used to the new reality, and then your nice steady (SLOW) weight loss will keep on going. It is healing. You are doing all the right things - except you need a bit more patience! So no. I will not take you off the team - it doesn't matter if we aren't first. We are together.

@allieelliott17 you too are here and persevering! Get back on track this week, and finish the month as you want to go on. Track track track is your new mantra :smiley:

@evangsimmons170 you will NOT repeat last year. I know it is hard while you are working and living a full life to get in here and keep up. We are a gabby bunch! But any bit you can do will help. Many big hugs coming your way
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Weigh Week 3
    PW: 200.1
    CW: 200.0 😂😂😂

This is a joke or Groundgog’s Day or something. You should have seen me...taking of my clothes...bracelet...even my Fitbit. Didn’t get that extra tenth. Lol oh well. Four weeks of 200. something! Maybe my body wants me to remember it, because it’s the LAST time I’ll ever be here. 😬

Steps 5/24 8,638 (Reaching my 8k goal every day - most steps I’ve had for the week since February)

Ok - so Onederland will be next week folks! Then I go on vacation so, ahhh.

We have one more weigh in for May, right?

CURSED GROUNDHOGS!!! I just put out some critter ridder stuff around my small kitchen garden where my salads grow. Horrible groundhogs have been in there eating my baby kale before I can and I WON'T HAVE IT. So you too, will get rid of your groundhog! I love your determination, and yes - we have one more weigh-in this month. You will make it!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Don’t be silly @matthewsfive this is real life we will all have loss and gains and this teams results have to reflect that accuarately. No one just keeps losing weight there will come a point even with the same exercise and low calorie consumption even the most perfect persons body will get used to those factors and simply maintain. A bit like how humans become resistant to antibiotics eventually. If u don’t participate there is a high chance you fall off the wagon completely and give up. The point of this team is two fold - yes one to see if our team loses the most weight but two to make sure we all stay on track and don’t go back to old unhealthy weight gaining habits. I’ve gained 4 pounds this week so I know I’ve suffered a set back but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to weigh in. This week has helped me understand what factors which are out with my control make me gain. For me this week I’ve been ill and I’ve been commuting all over the place and not tracking properly so I now know those two elements have contributed to my gain. The next time I have a busy week I need to preplan and keep healthy food with me and take supplements like echinacea to boost my immune system or next time I’ll gain again.

This should be for @mari_moulin -- the quote about staying out of the challenge was from her, and I wholeheartedly agree with both @matthewsfive and @kx7003 that Mari Stays In. @kx7003 says it beautifully. Your plan is terrific, and will work. You learned, you were ill, and now you'll be OK.

Mari - your body just went through a huge change. You had several pounds of skin removed in one go, and I imagine that the good old "homeostasis" mechanisms have stepped up big time. Our bodies do NOT like big changes all in one go, and they do everything possible to keep things the same. Give it a chance to get used to the new reality, and then your nice steady (SLOW) weight loss will keep on going. It is healing. You are doing all the right things - except you need a bit more patience! So no. I will not take you off the team - it doesn't matter if we aren't first. We are together.

@allieelliott17 you too are here and persevering! Get back on track this week, and finish the month as you want to go on. Track track track is your new mantra :smiley:

@evangsimmons170 you will NOT repeat last year. I know it is hard while you are working and living a full life to get in here and keep up. We are a gabby bunch! But any bit you can do will help. Many big hugs coming your way

I second this post and want to use every comment response - it’s inspiring, insightful, I like it, woooo in a encouraging way, and BIG HUGS TO ALL.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

I second this post and want to use every comment response - it’s inspiring, insightful, I like it, woooo in a encouraging way, and BIG HUGS TO ALL.

Agreed @micki48 - the support and encouragement we receive from our teammates is the best thing we can offer each other. Forget the stats and the places and all that. Nothing compares to the amazing support provided from our captains and teammates. Thank you all so much for your kind messages and gentle kick in the rear. I’m so happy to be a part of such an awesome team.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I hadn't looked at the thread for 2 days and was about to post my misery (fell off the wagon big time) but reading all these posts, I've got my response & plenty inspiration.
    I hope I can pull it back quickly before I give up completely.
    Lack of sleep seems to be my downfall.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry I posted a reply to @Mari-moulin this morning that she should stay in and that we all have our ups and downs and I was hoping she stay in the challenge. It looks like when I reposted her quote it did copy correctly. It wasn't me that wanted to leave for the month.

So @mari-moulin all these awesome response are for you!!!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @jugar there is a small correction needed on my numbers my weight today was 221.6 not 221.5. Thanks
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I sure hope you stay in our group Mari!! You are such an inspiration to all of us!!
    @micki48 Micki, I know how frustrating it can be!! I’ve been there too but you’ll get there soon. Those last few tenths really like to hold on!!
    Here’s to everyone having a great week!! This long weekend is trying to derail me!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar there is a small correction needed on my numbers my weight today was 221.6 not 221.5. Thanks

Got it - thanks for checking! It is very easy to have a slip of the fingers, so observant people are always welcome.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I hadn't looked at the thread for 2 days and was about to post my misery (fell off the wagon big time) but reading all these posts, I've got my response & plenty inspiration.
    I hope I can pull it back quickly before I give up completely.
    Lack of sleep seems to be my downfall.
    Have a great week everyone!

Why aren't you sleeping @Perla4686 ? Have you tried melatonin?
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sorry it's late, I was out of town.

Steps

Sunday 16244
    Monday 14089
    Tuesday 18773
    Wednesday 15706
    Thursday 17428
    Friday 19562
    Saturday 19792

Wow @reflectionofme that's some great stepping? I need to be consistent like that! Are you a daily runner or fitness walker?

Thanks and no I am not. I get a lot of my steps on at work and the rest from the Gazelle or going for a walk.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 13298
    Monday 19932
    Tuesday 1161 (sick)
    Wednesday 17271
    Thursday 16065
    Friday 18057
    Saturday 17626
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you sleeping @Perla4686 ? Have you tried melatonin?

Because my little one is a terrible sleeper generally and currently teething (she's one years old) and I'm terrible at letting her cry :( so I get about 5 hours sleep of I'm lucky and then wake up craving sugar.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    g1tcir1i7a1u.jpg

7 photos...
    7 days...

This is Team Weight No More's weekly challenge brought to you by @cyndiesstuff and @sleepymom5. This is a team building exercise that will help you bond with you team mates. Please share bits of your personal life with your team. In doing so, you will help build a strong network of accountability partners. It is hard to be accountable with people you don't know. Let's start changing that by participating with this challenge. You will post the pictures in your own team thread. Have Fun!!

Sunday - Picture of Something your reading. Share why you are reading this. What it means to you.
    Monday - Picture of something you bought. Why did you buy it? Why was it needed?
    Tuesday - Picture of your favorite kitchen tool. Why is it your favorite? What do you use it for?
    Wednesday - Picture of your work in progress. What is it? What will you use it for when your done?
    Thursday - Picture of Exploring the outdoors. Where are you at? What did you find?
    Friday - Picture of something extraordinary. What is it? Why is it extra special?
    Saturday - Picture of just a smile. Who's smile is it? What is beautiful about it?
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    q1ce8s5gcjj8.png

As a whole we lost 32.3 LBS or 0.13% !!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % TRIMSTONES 0.23%
    INDIVIDUAL % kirsten11872 5.13%
    TEAM LBS LOST TRIMSTONES 8.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST kirsten11872 8.80

TEAM % LOST
    PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE